“An excellent and cosy small hotel - Et fremragende og hyggeligt lille hotel”
Review of Hotel Blauet

Hotel Blauet
Hotel Blauet
Ranked #452 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Koege, Denmark
“An excellent and cosy small hotel - Et fremragende og hyggeligt lille hotel”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A really pleasant and cosy hotel with very kind and helpful staff. The hotel is small with a nice and relaxed atmosphere. As we would be flying home from Barcelona next morning, staying overnight at the hotel was simply perfect. It took us just 10 minutes to go by car to the airport. There are only 2 km to the nature park in the Llobregat Delta.
I can warmly recommend Hotel Blauet.

Et vældig rart og hyggeligt hotel med meget venligt og hjælpsomt personale. Hotellet er lille med en dejligt afslappet atmosfære. Da vi skulle flyve hjem fra Barcelona næste morgen, var det helt optimalt, at vi overnattede på dette hotel. Det tog blot 10 minutter at køre til lufthavnen. Der er blot 2 km til naturparken i Llobregat Delta.
Hotel Blauet kan varmt anbefales.

Room Tip: If you would like to avoid noise from the main street, you should of course go for a room turning aw...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bringsoe

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Denia, Spain
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I arrived at 2.30am and was greeted by a really helpful and friendly receptionist, who it seemed nothing was too much bother for her, she even made me a coffee before I went to the room. I was very impressed. The hotel is basic but very clean and has everything you need, wifi, bathroom with shower & bath, plasma. The room itself was very clean.
Breakfast I found to be excellent, it was a self service continental and I found this to be surprising good for such a no frills place. It makes a difference if you have a long journey ahead of you. they have a pleasant pretty patio with shade where you can have your breakfast if you wish also.Again the receptionist the next day I found to be so professional, friendly and super helpful.
I really recommend this hotel if, like me you need somewhere near to the airport. the only thing that spoiled this particular stay was being ripped off by the taxi to get there.
As I said, this hotel is quite literally 5 minutes away from El Prat Airport. when I arrived at the hotel, although the meter said 10.95 €, the driver turned round and pointed to a small sticker on the back window and said' 20 €' minimum fare. after a few harsh words I paid the fare but wont be taking any taxis in Barcelona ever again. and will advise all my friends to do the same. I have had enough of being ripped off by rude taxi drivers in Barcelona. If it hadn't been for the lovely staff and the spotless El Blauet hotel, the taxi ride could well have ruined what was a pleasant short stay in Barcelona. Cant understand how the taxi company does not realise that their greed is ruining the chances of good, family run businesses such as this hotel. I will definitely come back and stay here again but make sure to make other arrangements to get here.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back building away from the busy main road.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Cmelean
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Friendly staff, rooms clean and tidy if a little basic. Location a little too far away from the train station, but nice quiet neighbourhood near the hotel and ideal for a night or two if ever in Barcelona.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank cultfigure
Nynashamn, Sweden
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Staff was just very helpful and sweet, like the rooms and it all, but it was a little anoying to wake up of the nabors snooring :( Other than that and the extra charge for the coffee in the morning with 1.50€? I mean - come on, it shoud have been free....
Any how,I would live here again anytime :)

Room Tip: Good price and great staff in the after noon :)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank StefanS6110
Ludhiana, India
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This hotel is very near to airport. rooms are ok. staff is very helpful. Breakfast is not enough.

if you have your own car then it is best place to stay outside barcelona.

otherwise go to city center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Harshch1
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We used this hotel as it was close to El Prat, Barcelona airport as an overnight stay as we had an early morning departure from Barcelona. It was easy to find and close to the airport but still cost us Euro35 for a taxi to the airport with 2 pieces of luggage which we thought was rather excessive. Check in was quick, the receptionist/every other job going man was pleasant and helpful. The room size was reasonable for a one night transit although the TV had no English language stations at all, we usually get BBC World News anywhere in the world. My husband thought that the bed sloped, although I didn't notice however, it was only just comfortable. It was warm enough and there was adequate storage. The bathroom was quite large although we didn't have any hot water for a shower before we left. There wasn't a restaurant it was more of a cafe area where breakfast could be purchased. The tea and coffee we bought was good. There wasn't a hairdryer which I was disappointed with. We paid Euro 93 for one night and frankly, expected just a bit more than the spartan room we were given. It was however, very clean.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GizmoCairo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed here for one night as I had missed my flight home from Barcelona. The staff were not only warm and friendly, but provided me with much needed information about transit in Barcelona, phone credit and bus routes. I am so grateful to have landed at this hotel; a comfortable place with excellent staff.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank AtH086
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Ibis Barcelona Santa Coloma
Ibis Barcelona Meridiana
#223 of 513 in Barcelona
NH Barcelona La Maquinista
#186 of 513 in Barcelona

Been to Hotel Blauet? Share your experiences!