“If you love Barcelona, you will love this hotel.”
Review of Catalonia Ramblas

Catalonia Ramblas
Ranked #154 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Achern, Germany
“If you love Barcelona, you will love this hotel.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have come to this hotel two times in the past and I am not going to look at others hotels for future. At this hotel I get a nice pool outside and free wi fi and the location is very very good. It is just ta few moments from all the noise of Barcelona and all the shopping but when you stay here you do not notice the noise. The inside of hotel is very calm and the rooms are very large and very clean and nice. I love this hotel and I never get tired of Barcelona!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Manuela H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Arak, Iran
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was in catalonia hotel one week ago, I stayed there for 4 nights with my group, I am tour manager, so my group satisfaction is my first priority!!!!!!
We had a wonderful time, the location couldn't be better, the breakfast is extremely good.!Rooms were clean and nice.We could enjoy making our tea and coffee in our room that I really appreciate it.If you are vising Barcelona , that's the place to stay.
Definitely recommended!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank behnouh72
melbourne
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here on our last night of our holiday as the girls wanted to hit the shops.(they didn't want to have to travel far to shop)The room we had was large and very well appointed.Sleep quality was very good. Great views from the windows and a small pool and sundeck with bar service as well. Also down on the ground floor there was a bar and sitting area which was very good. We had free wifi and there are a couple of desk tops in the foyer.We would stay again if we go back to Barcelona.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hyper1
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Located about 300m to Las Ramblas and Catalonia square and therefore access to the Red Bus and Airport Express bus, this hotel suited my needs perfectly. The room had ultra-modern fittings in the bathroom and room lights, had access to CNN, BBC and Spanish TV, a good, reliable, free wifi, minibar, lounge chair plus a writing desk and chair.overall, a well appointed and spacious room with new floating- floorboards.
The reception staff were efficient and helpful.
Breakfast provided a wide variety of quality food and drink in a very pleasant atmosphere.
As I booked this as part of a bus tour, iI am not able to comment on value for money.

Room Tip: Nothing wrong with room 24 on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken2234
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was my second stay at Catalonia Ramblas. We were pleased with the hotel on our first visit a couple of years ago and decided to stay here again when in Barcelona.

The rooms are clean and modern. Overpriced, but nice.

the breakfast buffet was lovely and appealing except i found all of the hot food on the buffet to be cold. This was consistent over the 4 days we stayed there and did not matter whether we were there early or late.

My main concern was the service I received. I asked if the hotel had a public printer so that I could print out my boarding passes. I was informed that they did not but I could email them to the hotel and they would print them. That was fine, I sent the email.

I returned later in the day to ask if my boarding passes had been printed. Nothing had been done and after requesting that they be printed while I waited I was informed they could not open them. I was then sent to an Internet cafe that was closed.

After a lot of unnecessary running around the hotel allowed me to use their computer to print my passes directly. This was done while the staff rolled their eyes at me and made me feel like I was wasting their time.

I will not stay at this hotel again. The staff need a lesson in customer service and how to smile.

Great location though!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tasha93132
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Considering the location and time of year this hotel proved really good value and the staff, room and service were all good. We didn't take breakfast as there were lots of local cafes to do so which was much nicer. Positioned at the top of the Ramblas we were in walking distance to most places. Didn't get a chance to use the pool. Daighter used the spa and said it was very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ACAMW
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had a bookings.com special for our last two nights in Barcelona and upgraded to a larger queen bedroom. It was easily and conveniently located on the Las Ramblas which is the heart strip of Barcelona. Very close to all shops, taxis, amenities and a great location for the tourist.
The hotel is on the expensive side but if location and convenience is key, this hotel is it.
Our room was big and spacious, bathroom to die for along with the amenities etc. could not fault it one bit and it was a nice luxury end to our trip.
One issue though was service and chaos at reception. It is a popular location and hotel, there were people everywhere during check in and out times. It was hectic and people were running around to help. Perhaps additional staff would help in future during peak holiday periods as we were left waiting for 20mins to check in, and on the side a guest was having issues with his key and kept jumping the queue!
All in all great if u can get a special deal but a little pricey .

Room Tip: Wait til the last minute to get an upgrade or better room at lower prices
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple