“ideal location, decent quality rooms”
Review of Catalonia Ramblas

Catalonia Ramblas
Ranked #154 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Biggleswade
“ideal location, decent quality rooms”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed 5 nights and mainly used the hotel as a base as we only used the restaurant once. The restaurant food and service was good but there is so much choice in Barcelona that we wanted to get out and about

The staff were excellent with reception volunteering places of interest and they supplied and marked up a map for us without any asking on our part

I also heard them help someone that had twisted an ankle, they found a wheelchair and loaned it within minutes of knowing there was a problem

The pool is quite small and limited seating around it which meant we didn't use it as the empty seats all had towels on them. This was the only reason I dropped to 4 on my rating

If you are happy with the price range then I wouldn't hesitate to stay here

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had a great experience in Catalonia ramblas hotel ,nice location very clean room with satisfying facilities but I've been impressed by this gentleman called Adrian at reception when I asked for some information regarding to new camp stadium at 3:00 am !!! Kindly gave me all the information related more than I expected .having such a nice and cooperative staff in a hotel is to be treasured.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ata F
Achern, Germany
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have come to this hotel two times in the past and I am not going to look at others hotels for future. At this hotel I get a nice pool outside and free wi fi and the location is very very good. It is just ta few moments from all the noise of Barcelona and all the shopping but when you stay here you do not notice the noise. The inside of hotel is very calm and the rooms are very large and very clean and nice. I love this hotel and I never get tired of Barcelona!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Manuela H
Arak, Iran
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was in catalonia hotel one week ago, I stayed there for 4 nights with my group, I am tour manager, so my group satisfaction is my first priority!!!!!!
We had a wonderful time, the location couldn't be better, the breakfast is extremely good.!Rooms were clean and nice.We could enjoy making our tea and coffee in our room that I really appreciate it.If you are vising Barcelona , that's the place to stay.
Definitely recommended!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank behnouh72
melbourne
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here on our last night of our holiday as the girls wanted to hit the shops.(they didn't want to have to travel far to shop)The room we had was large and very well appointed.Sleep quality was very good. Great views from the windows and a small pool and sundeck with bar service as well. Also down on the ground floor there was a bar and sitting area which was very good. We had free wifi and there are a couple of desk tops in the foyer.We would stay again if we go back to Barcelona.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hyper1
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Located about 300m to Las Ramblas and Catalonia square and therefore access to the Red Bus and Airport Express bus, this hotel suited my needs perfectly. The room had ultra-modern fittings in the bathroom and room lights, had access to CNN, BBC and Spanish TV, a good, reliable, free wifi, minibar, lounge chair plus a writing desk and chair.overall, a well appointed and spacious room with new floating- floorboards.
The reception staff were efficient and helpful.
Breakfast provided a wide variety of quality food and drink in a very pleasant atmosphere.
As I booked this as part of a bus tour, iI am not able to comment on value for money.

Room Tip: Nothing wrong with room 24 on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken2234
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was my second stay at Catalonia Ramblas. We were pleased with the hotel on our first visit a couple of years ago and decided to stay here again when in Barcelona.

The rooms are clean and modern. Overpriced, but nice.

the breakfast buffet was lovely and appealing except i found all of the hot food on the buffet to be cold. This was consistent over the 4 days we stayed there and did not matter whether we were there early or late.

My main concern was the service I received. I asked if the hotel had a public printer so that I could print out my boarding passes. I was informed that they did not but I could email them to the hotel and they would print them. That was fine, I sent the email.

I returned later in the day to ask if my boarding passes had been printed. Nothing had been done and after requesting that they be printed while I waited I was informed they could not open them. I was then sent to an Internet cafe that was closed.

After a lot of unnecessary running around the hotel allowed me to use their computer to print my passes directly. This was done while the staff rolled their eyes at me and made me feel like I was wasting their time.

I will not stay at this hotel again. The staff need a lesson in customer service and how to smile.

Great location though!