Catalonia Ramblas
US$550
US$311
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Constanza Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$242
US$225
Andante(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$140
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$153
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
US$280
US$251
  • Pool
Musik Boutique Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$176
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
US$366
US$325
1,674 results
All reviewsgreat locationstayed at the cataloniaprivate poolspa areasuperior roomlovely hotelcentral locationreception staffcatalunya squarethe heart of the citymini barlong weekendside streetsight seeingcity breakairport busramblas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here for a four night break in August 14, the location of the hotel is first class and the decor fresh and modern. I was there on a girls weekend and we shared a triple room, all be it one of those beds was a temporary bed. The service was pretty slow and we had to ask several times for items that were lacking, eg.not enough hangers (it took 2 days to get them) only two cups for tea and coffee & not enough coffee or tea,again despite asking we had to repeat the request on two occasions. We then had a ceiling tile come loose from the roof, it hung precariously over the temporary bed and again we struggled to communicate our request to get this rectified in time for my friend going to bed. We lay at the pool one afternoon and with 3 drinks orders we thought this would have been a simple order, nope, you guessed it it was wrong & even when the correct order was delivered they tried to re-charge us for it. However Barcelona is wonderful and the advantage this hotel has is, nice rooms, brilliant location and a nice wee roof top pool. Not quite sure I would look to book on my return visit, which I will definitely have.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My companion & I stayed at the Catalonia Ramblas recently for a long weekend, we found the hotel staff to be very friendly & helpful, we where early on arrival, however the staff where still happy to book us in, store our luggage & even gave us a map & detailed explanation of where the attractions where located, so that we could sightsee whilst our room was prepared.

The hotel it's self was very clean, with a spa, small gym, roof top pool & bar & a lovely indoor bar/lounge.

The room was lovely, clean & spacious, with a safe, complementary tea/coffee making facilities & plenty of hanging space.. the added touch of a 'turn down' service with a lovely chocolate left on our pillows every night was nice. :)

There is free wifi in the hotel, however we did find that we had to repeatedly log in!

It's perfect location, just off The Ramblas allowed us to take full advantage every night of the many bars & restaurants as well as sit & relax in the main square, we we could also hop on the tour bus. (Highly recommend you do the city tour)

If you are planning a trip to the very beautiful city of Barcelona, stay at the Catalonia Ramblas.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank T-Jay73
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I arrived at the hotel a little early and was told that the room would not be ready for another 20 minutes. The host immediately offered myself and my companions some drinks tokens so that we could relax at the bar by the pool until the room was ready. A very nice touch! When the room was ready we found that all our bags had been taken up already. As we had one of the suites with a private terrace and pool, we stayed up there all day and enjoyed the great views of Montjuic. We ordered room service - the food was great, but it did take 45 minutes to arrive. The rooms were very spacious and clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only negative thing was that we had arranged for a travel cot for my 1 year old nephew which was not in the room when we arrived, but when I informed reception they arranged to have one brought up and there was no problem. Breakfast was fantastic - a wide range of hot and cold foods, and plenty of space in the dining room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had visited Barcelona for several days for tourist purposes. The best advantage of the hotel is location as it is near La Rambla and across the street from many tours sold by Viator.

The hotel is not clean. It is old and furniture was stained. It smelled old and funny, not clean. Sheets were old and with holes. Breakfast VERY expensive. We found couple nicer small places and paid at least twice as less.

Usually in the hotels charge at the end of the stay - given I would order room service and might have other expenses. This hotel wanted 100% payment right away. I guess they knew I would consider checking out and moving to another hotel. I felt discriminated.

I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here once (a could of weeks ago) and tried again a few days back with our confirmed reservation (I had checked directly with the hotel before coming from Canada). The first stay, when the 12 noon deadline to leave arrived, our room key stopped functioning and we were told 'you must leave in 15 minutes' or they would charge us another night. On the return, we arrived early in the morn, left luggage with them, tagged, gave my credit card and passport which were then returned to me after they got the room and said we could check in after 2. We came back about 6:30 and they said 'oh, your card was declined [note: I checked with AmEx, there was no problem whatsoever] and we gave away your room...we have nothing." Uh...Barcelona, 6:30 at night, multiple huge events happening in town and no room?? So they said 'we will check our sister hotel...nope, nothing, bye.' I said "why didn't you tell me there was a problem when I gave you this card this morning...my reservation was confirmed" and they said there was nothing they could do. So off we went. And we are soooo unhappy with this hotel I can't say. One more thing, navigating to a room, to the buffet, to the pool...total nightmares. Everything is on different floors requiring different elevator stacks in different parts of the hotel. Off the lobby to one direction for one thing, go another for something else, must take one elevator from a different floor to get somewhere else. So strange.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple