Hotel Villa Emilia
US$212
US$286
US$245
2,366 results
All reviewszinc barrocafort metro stationrooftop terracerecommend villaminute walktapaslovely hotelfirst floorquiet locationlas ramblasresidential arealoved this hotelbreakfast was excellentthe air conditioningsmall hotelvisiting barcelonacity break
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The Villa Emilia is a nice hotel for a good price. We liked the location because it was within a short walking distance to all major sites and right on the subway line. The bar upstairs is very nice with very friendly staff. My only complaint is that the beds are poor quality.

Wonderful hotel and would highly recommend it for the price.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Beautiful boutique feel hotel. Rooms were bright, airy and modern, good breakfast. We were a 15 min walk from the Ramblas and I'm so glad we stayed there and not on the beach because it was central to everything and not crowded. We could walk most places and when we were tired after a long day of walking everywhere, we would take a quick cab back and cabs were easy to get and reasonable from the Ramblas to the hotel (abt 5 Euros). We were also removed from the tourist havoc of the Ramblas itself so it was nice to be able to get a peaceful night of sleep after a long day.
As to the service, the staff was excellent: friendly, helpful with suggestions and directions to good restaurants ,a flamenco show which they booked for us and the best places to see in our short 3 day trip. I was going to write an excellent review anyway at the end of our trip but I need to add how absolutely wonderful the manager, Fabrizio, was in helping me locate some jewelry that I accidentally left behind in the safe and that had slipped under the safe base. I was impressed by the professionalism, patience and politeness with which they dealt with my panicked calls and the number of times they were willing to check again and again until they found them.
Absolutely lovely hotel and service.

1  Thank samnad_bos
VillaEmiliaHotel, Director Comercial at Hotel Villa Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

We truly appreciate your comments about our location, staff, service, and all those aspects that you found interesting during your stay here at Hotel Villa Emilia. We hope that you were at home whilst you were with us as it is our desire to see our guests create memorable experiences that they'll always cherish. We also thank you for taking some time to write this wonderful review.
Please receive a warm salutation from all of us here at Hotel Villa Emilia!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My rating is solely based on customer service.

I made reservations at Villa Emilia and accidentally selected the wrong 4 dates. I sent an email and called the hotel to try to correct my error. It turned out that of the 4 nights I actually needed my reservation, they could only accommodate 2 of the nights and those 2 nights were in the middle of the trip. I'd have to stay somewhere else the first night, switch to their hotel for two and then stay somewhere else the last night. Obviously, that would be highly inconvenient.

After multiple email, multiple calls and multiple conversations with multiple people over multiple days... I got the short end of the stick, entirely. I understood their policy of no refunds so I didn't ask for a full refund. I kindly asked if they would graciously refund me just 2 of the nights I paid for since I would obviously need to make reservations and pay for 4 nights stay elsewhere. They refused. It was a huge disappointment, as I truly looked forward to staying there and it was a terrible loss of of over $800 dollars.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank AfroTravels
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great hotel. Smells lovely and clean when you walk in, front desk staff is so pleasant and helpful. The location is not in the middle of all the touristy stuff, which is great and it's also very accessible to all areas either by foot or by metro. Has a very pretty rooftop bar--not too much of a view, but was a great place for a quick cocktail before a night out. Rooms are very nice and modern, comfy beds and pillows. Very chic and boutiquey. Also i thought the price was great for what you get..i think we booked through kayak and paid about 170 a night. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ali N
VillaEmiliaHotel, Director Comercial at Hotel Villa Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

We appreciate your feedback as it will undoubtedly be very useful to other travelers. We are always happy to hear from our guests' great experience, because the best gift for all of us is making your stay in Barcelona an unforgettable memory. Please receive a warm salutation from all of us here at Hotel Villa Emilia!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

we thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. It was an easy fifteen minute walk from the center of town so it was quiet but very accessible...one block from the metro. Some of the other reviews made us a bit nervous about the staff but with one exception, the staff was very helpful and friendly. One staff member at the front desk made it clear she was not inviting more questions, but other than her, all were very good. We would recommend this hotel.