We stayed here for four nights and did enjoy the hotel. It's a 10-20 minute walk to the Rambla and Placa Catalunya. The closest metro station was just a minute away (Rocafort). The metro is easy to use and this line (L1 I think) connects with other lines just a few stations away.
The breakfast was good too. Quite small but everything you need more or less. Bread, butter, ham, cheese, marmelade, youghurt, croissant, cereals, fruits, coffee, tea and juice.
I would say that the beds were rather hard but no problems for us. The bathroom was nice but if you're really private it may bother you. No locks and you hear everything going on in there. At least in the standard room.
The staff was friendly and helped us with all of our requests. The roof bar is pretty cozy and the bartender was generous with the drinks, good or bad, it's up to you.
The area is nice and quiet and we slept like babies.
Free WiFi is always a plus and it worked fairly good in the rooms.
I can recommend this hotel if you want to stay close to the center but not in the middle of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Villa Emilia is a modern property situated in a prime location in the heart of Barcelona, perfect for business travelers and holidays trips. Its 53 double guestrooms are fully equipped and decorated with exquisite taste. Guests can enjoy Mediterranean food in the Zinc-Bar, lounge on our famous Terrace, enjoying live DJ/music and cocktails, or organize special events and meetings in the Salon Rojo and El Privat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Emilia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Emilia Hotel Barcelona
- Emilia Hotel Barcelona
- Villa Emilia Barcelona, Catalonia