“Not even worth the 10€”

and 1 more site!
Center Rambles Youth Hostel
Ranked #556 of 731 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I came here because it was very cheap, so I didn't expect much. I was still disappointed. It is a bit dirty, especially the bathrooms (which rarely have toilet paper), but that didn't shock me. Their websites says laundry, but there are no laundry machines. When I suggested they change their website to be more accurate, I felt the reception was very rude to me, saying " well I don't make the website" in a snarky way. His attitude was like that the whole trip- that night the power went out and I wanted to know where/how to get a shower, he informed me he was "not a technician" and the next day when the wifi was broken " I can't call anyone to fix it on Sunday, just wait. "
Speaking of wifi, even when it was working it's only on the bottom floor- fine, but then they kick you out of the bottom floor at midnight! So you can only use wifi in the day.
Basically, I wasn't expecting a lot, and wouldn't have minded all the technical issues if it weren't for the incredibly rude man at reception. If you hate helping people that much, I don't understand why you would work at a hostel.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Center Rambles Youth Hostel

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed as part of a stag night, 12 of us. Everything was ok, half way down la ramblas and then down a street. Very close to bars clubs etc. very busy outside hostel at night, and inside. Noisy, but most hostels are especially on the weekend! Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank unknownis
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have to say this is one of the worst hostels I have stayed in. The only positive thing i have to say is that the location is really good, a block away from La Rambla. I read the reviews before arriving and I thought I could handle it. I'm on night 5 of 7 and all I want to do is leave. The staff is alright they didn't really go above and beyond they slid by with what the had to do. When I first arrived it was 30 something degrees out and no air conditioning in the hostel. It was advertised that there was air conditioning so I don't know what happened. We asked the receptionist if he could fix it air conditioning for us in our room after 2 nights of a hot sticky room he said he would be at in an hour to check on it. He never came but luckily it started to work. There is no kitchen so if you are expecting so make your own meals you can forget about it. There is a fridge (that stinks, I don't think they clean it out), and a microwave. Not even a sink or any plates, knives, spoons, or forks. I went and bought my own plastic cups and a fork. The room are aright the walls are rather dirty but it's your basic hostel room. WIFI only works downstairs and not in the rooms. I think you are paying way too much for what you are getting. I have stayed in far nicer hostels for a much lower price. I won't be coming back here nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Great location, but left alot to be desired in other areas. Not very clean and the bathroom facilities were not very good. Wifi didn't work at all the entire time we were there which is very frustrating. Staff were pretty nice but that doesn't make up for the lack of services

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

this is my honest opion of the place.
location: near the metro and centre of the city. ( also next to the red light district)
customer service: very helpful
cleanness: place was clean after the cleanners cleaned it. Found early in the morning cloged toilet and basins with paper.
bathrooms: small and tight
extras: 4 computers to use as well as WIFI fast. Only available near kitchen. No where else. Free Breakfast is basic
Noisy: someehat noisy early hours in the morning, due to draken guests.
Breakout area: average but big kitchen to sit down.
Suggestions: Fix the air condition as it is warm in the rooms. Ask reception to turn it down but still very warm.

Room Tip: Warm rooms with air condition running extremely low. can not feel the coolness.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The only advantage of the hostel is its good location, just near La Ramblas so convenient to travel around. But other things are just gross. WiFi available only in the ground floor but not in rooms. Rooms are clean, toilets are clean, but that's it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were in an apartment near the youth hostel at 2nd floor and in street size.
We stay 1 week in april 2013.

>0 (positive points) near the rambla, Barri Gotic, Liceu subway station.
Helpful staff, responsive (coffee machine not working was change by a new one), French and English speaking.
Cleaning costs were not requested (30€). Bed linen and clean towels.
Market (La Boqueria) and grocery stores nearby (even later for groceries).

<0 (negative points) VERY VERY NOISY (street and staircase noise).
Very small kitchen table (OK for 2 but not for 3). Kitchen was not very clean.
The apartment lack of clarity (necessity to switch on light even during the day).
Without heating, the temperature in the apartment was rather cool (OK in the summer? but a fair bit in spring).
No lift (OK for 2nd floor) and staircases very narrow.
Among the 4 internet access available at the reception 2 were down regularly.
TV channel only in spanish.

If I return to Barcelona one day, it is certain that I would not book in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple