1,143 results
All reviewspremium roomindoor poolmontjuic hillolympic stadiummontjuic arealarge balconystar hotelmediterranean sealobby barstunning hotelstayed longerspent nightshop on hop off buslas ramblassagrada familiaporttaxi
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The design of the rooms and room size are very good. The location of the hotel is great for both business and leisure. There is a beautiful view from the hotel and the hotel is very quietly situated on top of a hill.
Staff is very service minded and helpful.
Food in the restaurant is good with a decent selection of wines.
The gym is poorly equipped whereas the pool area is very nice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you "Heenhaben" very much for this wonderful review about our hotel. It is really nice to read that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your time with us.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Barcelona

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We booked ourselves an Easter 3 day, 2 night treat and we were not disappointed. On arrival, we were welcomed by polite professional staff. Beautifully appointed everywhere, we felt like royalty wherever we were in the hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to sea view, Queen size bed.Worth the bit extra
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Barcelona! Thank you "Chris L" for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are glad to read that you enjoyed the time with us!
We will be looking forward to host you again during your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The front desk staff set the standard for any top class Hotel and the staff at the Miramar are indeed First Class.

All of the service was of a very high standard. I would highly recomend the hotel to anyone comming to Barcelona.

I will be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you "Mike4831" for selecting our hotel for your recent trip to Barcelona and for writing such a nice review about your stay. Our goal is to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay so we are glad to read that we exceeded your expectations.

We hope to see you back on your next visit to Barcelona!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Fantastic 5 star hotel, highly recommended. Spacious and modern rooms, meeting my expectation. Great service.

Two considerations that you need to be aware: (1) it is not in the heart of Barcelona and you would need to get on a taxi to get to the city, just a few minutes drive of course. Taxi cost very reasonable, around 7 Euro. (2) Breakfast is OK, but do not offer a wide range of choices.

I will definitely go back. Relative to the quality of the hotel and the value offered, the two issues are quite acceptable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you "Arash A" for choosing Hotel Miramar for your stay in Barcelona! We really appreciate your positive comment about the hotel

We wish you all the best and we hope to welcome you again here at Hotel Miramar Barcelona.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

What makes a hotel a true 5 star? It's not the view (which, as mentioned in so many comments, is sublime, probably the best in Barcelona, only to be rivalled by La Florida but without the disadvantage of being too far away from the city attractions), not the size of the rooms and the bathrooms (huge), not the terrace (you would happily spend your days on instead of sightseeing), not the towels and the bathrobes (fluffy like new), not the spa (beautiful but in need of some practical improvements), not even the restaurant (thoroughly enjoyable - read my comment for Forestier)… it's the hotel's Staff. I've travelled the world and stayed in all kind of hotels and B&Bs in different countries and I run a small boutique hotel myself so I can appreciate perfection when I see it. When every single member of the team treats you as if you were a personal and a very important guest; when they address you by your name every time you walk through the reception (we only stayed for one night so I couldn't believe it!) and remember where you went (museum, walk, airport…) and are sincerely interested in your experience; when nothing you ask for is an issue but always a pleasure; when everybody, from the friendly barmen serving you a glass of wine to the beautiful spa receptionist smiling at you when you pass her on the way to the pool, take pride in their job and the place they work at and do their absolute best to make you feel welcome… you know you are staying at a 5 star hotel.

I do have couple of comments, which are by no means criticism but just suggestions coming from somebody from the same industry. It's not very nice to see other guests being offered a glass of cava upon check-in while you are not (I understand it must be part of some package but then maybe it would be better to do it in the rooms). The fact that the sauna and hammam are on timer and need to be switched on 20 minutes prior to use needs to be explained to the guests when they come to use the spa - it's disappointing to come after a swim in the pool (great waterfall wall feature by the way and the water in the pool was warm like in a bath) and discover that you can't use it. The pre arrival communication could be better - I had to make a lot of calls/send a lot of e-mails to book with your directly as opposed to Booking.com (and got a discount from you which I am very grateful for!) and I didn't receive any confirmation until I called again, the day before my arrival, I got an impression my reservation wasn't even in the system, just as well it wasn't high season.

None of the above have spoilt our stay in any way. It was my second time at Miramar and I will certainly be back again. Thank you for all your hard work which you make look so effortless and elegant.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the terrace with a sea view - we had a premium room overlooking the port and the gorgeous orange garden
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Motienko

Thank you so much "Motienko" for taking time to write such a nice review about our property and your stay with us. We are glad to read that we exceed your expectations. It is our goal and our passion to treat our guests as uniques.

Regarding your improvement comments, the cava welcome drink must be offered to every single guest and unfortunately we missed it when you were checking in, and it is very important to us because it is the first impression of the Reception and the Hotel.

As for the remarks about the SPA and the pre arrival communication , I have already passed your comments to the corresponding Departments who will follow up on each of your comments to avoid this to happen to other guest in the future.