“Amazing Hotel!”

Hotel Miramar Barcelona
Ranked #124 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May this year. We were greeted by a glass of cava upon arriving and excellent reception staff. Our room was a basic room yet was huge and very clean. Our balcony overlooked a function room and the whole of the city. The rooms were cleaned daily and fresh toiletries were given every day. We were room only but had snacks in the bar and drinks. Every drink was served with lovely crisps and nuts. The evening piano entertainment was fantastic ! The views over the port from the back of the hotel are amazing too.
The walk I to the city takes about 30 minutes and I would recommend paying for a taxi back to the hotel as it's situated on a steep hill. It should cost €7-10.
The only downside to our room was that there was a wedding in the function room below which kept us awake till all hours one night.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better as the views are amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent trip to Barcelona and for writing such a nice review about your stay. Our goal is to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay so we are glad to read that we exceeded your expectations. We will be looking forward to host you again during your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I cannot say enough about the staff at the Hotel Miramar. We were traveling with our children and stayed at 2 different properties in Barcelona. The Hotel Miramar staff hands down wins. They could not have been more helpful with anything we needed. We had connecting rooms in the corner, which were great because the entire corner unit was sectioned off by a main door, so we felt like we were in our own apartment. We also took advantage of the buffet breakfast which was very nice. We absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Barcelona, and cannot wait to visit again.

Room Tip: We traveled with children and loved rooms 412 and 414 which connect and have a main door leading to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much "Lka422" for your amazing review! We really appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and most of all thank you for recognizing the friendly, attentive service of our team. We are looking forward to host you once again during your next trip to Barcelona. The Hotel Miramar staff will be waiting for you!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived just before midnight and had prerequested a late check out. This was not possible and I was quite disappointed.

When I checked in I was given twin beds despite requesting a double bed when booking. I had to get to the room then go back to reception, wait in line again, and ask for another room. This did have a double bed but the room was over a disco and there was music til at least 3:00am. I was too tired to move rooms again but thought to myself "trip advisor is going to hear about this!"

Finally they charged €€€ for a nespresso coffee echo other hotels give free!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Fezza_Boy

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments about the hotel. "Dr_Vaser", unfortunately we cannot confirm a late check out, which is upon availability. We would like to apologize for not giving you the type of that you bed as you requested and for not having the expected experience

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I just came from Barcelona yesterday having stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. perched on a hill overlooking Barcelona, it has great views of the city and the harbor. it's only a 10-15 minute downhill walk to the Ramblas and Christopher Columbus statute. It is also very close to the funicular station that takes you to the fortress or a different funicular that takes you to the beach. the Whole area is very nice to begin with, dipped in great parks.
The room (402, small "suite") was very spacious, huge King bed, incredible bathroom, cool views of the city and harbor with a large balcony. The AC was just average.
The staff was very friendly and very helpful and gave great recommendations for restaurants.
The hotel was quiet and felt very cozy. Although there is a shooting range behind, it causes no issues at all. The restaurant at the hotel is decent, but not more than that. Not all bar tenders make drinks with the same quality. One prepared outlandish drinks, the others just OK. the hotel surroundings are nice and having a great breakfast on the balcony is unbeatable. A great stay!

Room Tip: As noted, I stayed in 402 and it was very commodious and had great view of the harbor and partial vi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Barcelona! Thank you "Mcmlix195" for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are glad to read that you enjoyed the time with us!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked the Miramar Hotel as a surprise for my Husband's 50th birthday in April. I was a little concerned about the location but needn't have worried, it was perfect for 6 days of sightseeing along with some chill out time. We tended to walk down the hill but always got a taxi back which wasn't expensive.
From the minute we arrived the staff (especially Manuel) were fantastic! I'm so glad I opted for a Premier room as it is spacious with a great balcony & fantastic views. The grounds are stunning especially the pool area. We were lucky to have good weather so took advantage of the sun beds. The spa area is also lovely, we used the indoor pool too.
We never saw any cleaning staff but always came back to an immaculate room. Our only very minor comment would be that we couldn't make tea or coffee in the room.
The staff really make this hotel & are always on hand for restaurant recommendations etc. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food.
My Husband loved our stay, especially when he found out we were going to a game at the Nou Camp plus a tour :-)

Room Tip: A Premier room is well worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
H0telMiramar, Director de Recepción at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Greetings from Barcelona! Thank you "Pamalama" for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are glad to read that you enjoyed the time with us! It is inspiring to read that you liked our hotel and that you mentioned the great service delivered by Manual at the Front Desk. We will be looking forward to host you again during your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My staying in this hotel was wonderful. All details for pleasant stay have been met. Service was on the highest level. Staff is very friendly and they realy happy to see you and help you to enjoy your stay. Rooms are clean and warm. Breakfast buffer menu is various and very delicious. I'd like to highly recommend this beautiful hotel for all those tourists who want to feel themselves a long-awaited guest.
Miramar, I'll come back! =)))

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank panda_ka4ok

First of all I would like to thank you for your great comments about the hotel. It is inspiring to read that you liked our hotel and the service provided. We are looking forward to host you once again during your next trip to Barcelona. The Hotel Miramar staff will be waiting for you!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

nice hotel; clean rooms, fantastic outdoor pool area (my son loved it!), easy walking access (although there is the hill that others describe--it is not that bad). there was a huge balcony overlooking the Mediterranean that was enjoyable. Lounge area was nice; food in hotel restaurant decent but not great and I thought the hotel food and drinks were very pricey. My disappointment with this hotel was the service; perhaps it is poor management or poor communication between staff and management? Most staff were pleasant but not very helpful; we had to ask housekeeping more than once to get our room serviced, and then they would forget to leave towels, for example. (But the housekeeping staff did do a nice job of cleaning the room once you got them there!) We also had to call twice for our room service order as it was not delivered (this happened twice). Parts of the hotel were showing signs of wear; we had a ceiling leak in our room, and when we informed them, they kindly upgraded us to a beautiful room, but again, it was poor communication --they said they knew about the leak and were going to move us, but they never made any attempt to do so until we complained about the leak. So we didnt actually get to move into the new room until the afternoon of the NEXT day. So, I would go back again as the views alone are amazing and the hotel is clean, but I hope they read this and improve their service and/or communication problems! It's a beautful hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lynn h

Thank you "Lynn h" for selecting our hotel for your recent trip to Barcelona and for writing such a constructive review about your stay. Our goal is to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay and we are sorry to read that your experience was not as expected.

Comments like yours make us improve and do the Hotel Miramar a better hotel.