We stayed in this hotel for a week in August 2012. This hotel is situated quite far out of the centre of Barcelona, however has excellent transport links to the city. The Hospital de Bellvitge metro station is 2 minutes walk away and has regular trains (when they work, or don’t randomly change direction in the middle of travelling!) to the centre of Barcelona. It cost us about 30 Euros for a 5 day travel card.
The hotel has an impressive lobby and check in was quick and easy. Our room was a good size and came with twin beds, flat screen TV on which we could get BBC1, automatic curtains, lots of plug sockets, minibar, hair dryer and a few free toiletries. The bathroom was also an excellent size and the shower was superb, though did leak quite a bit onto the floor. As the weather was very hot and sunny the air conditioning was also great, though it did break down mid-week but was sorted by the hotel by the time we returned to our room in the evening.
The view from our hotel room was great, we were looking across to the airport, but the other side of the hotel looks towards the city. There was very little traffic noise through the windows which was good for sleeping well.
Breakfast at the hotel is very expensive, so we brought some essentials from the local superstore which is about 5 minutes walk away. There isn’t much else in the area to explore though.
While we were staying there, the elevators did break down. They were fixed within a day, and the hotel was allowing people to use the staff / service lifts. At first we didn’t realise this as the maid on our corridor directed us to walk down 16 flights of fire escape stairs!
Overall this is an excellent hotel for tourists visiting Barcelona as long as you are prepared to use the metro at the start and end of each day. It cost us 20 Euros to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel as this was the minimum charge. Returning to the airport cost us 17.50 Euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Collection Barcelona Tower hotel, formerly known as Hesperia Tower, is in Barcelona’s new business and financial district, between the airport and the city center. It’s just minutes from the fairgrounds too. As for the building itself, it’s a real city landmark, complete with a fabulous glass-roof cupola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your NH Collection Barcelona Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Hotel Barcelona
- Hesperia Tower Barcelona
- Hesperia Tower Hotel Barcelona
- NH Collection Barcelona Tower Catalonia