“Fantastic hotel”

NH Collection Barcelona Tower
Ranked #137 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews for hotels but I shall make an exception here. I brought my girlfriend for her birthday and we loved it, service and facilities are excellent and they operate a shuttle into the city and airport. They also left a surprise birthday cake in our room which was a wonderful touch. Could not recommend the place highly enough! Fantastic

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,683)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is pretty much half way between the airport and all the action in Barcelona. Some would say it is quite out of the way but the easy public transport access on bus/tube more than makes up for that; including when you are venturing out into Barcelona by night. (On weekends, the tube runs all night!)

Anyway, the hotel is very modern and chic as well as quite flashy and trendy. The rooms were large with high ceilings along with equally large windows that extended from the floor to the ceiling. Luckily for us, our room was quite high up and facing the city of Barcelona and we really enjoyed the view out of those windows at night. You get a clear view of the Camp Nou stadium (during the day) in the distance along with the bright lights of the city skyline and Olympic Park by night.

Other than that, the beds were ridiculously comfortable and the room was fully enjoyed as we made more use of the iPod dock than the TV. The bathroom as well was modern and kitted out in all-black tiles with a very big shower. In terms of food, breakfast and dinner was thoroughly enjoyed! (along with the surprise Birthday treats that were sent up to the room for my Sister).

The only major downside about our stay at the Hesperia was that we were disappointed that the fitness and pool required a hefty additional fee. It was quite the buzz kill. But other than that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone during their stay in Barcelona. If people are craving a swim, just do like we did and hit the beach!

Room Tip: Obviously; the higher, the better. Preferably facing the city and not the airport direction.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank G K
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I booked a 3 night break in April to celebrate my sons 21st Birthday.
My family had a great time at this fab hotel , staff very friendly and accommodating even to the point of providing a birthday cake with complimentary drinks , as a total surprise.
The location is just outside the city, which was just what we required and we made use of the free mini bus service available to the city direct from the hotel.
Would highly recommend this hotel and location for visiting the attractions of Barcelona.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GARETH K
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with a friend. We just wanted a quick break away and got a last minute deal. On arrival, we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful member of staff. As check in was not until 3pm and we arrived at 11am, we were not expected to be told that our room was ready for us. After a tiring flight and early start this was great news!

The main reception was very stylish and the lifts were impressive with a special touch screen system that meant the fastest lift would get to you depending on the floor you were on.

I was amazed when we reached our room. It was stunning. we only booked a standard room but this exceeds any hotel I have stayed in even when I have booked an executive room or suite. The first thing we saw was a beautiful bathroom with twin sinks, a powerful rainfall shower and my favourite thing... a walk in wardrobe complete with robes, slippers and plenty of hanging space and drawers. The toiletries were good quality and plentiful with a little sign saying to ask if we needed anything else. At this point, I was happy not to leave the hotel!

The bedroom was spacious with very comfy beds and a choice of pillows. We had floor to ceiling windows and a desk and dressing table. I enjoyed the view from our window in which I could see planes landing and taking off at the airport. Noise was not an issue, we didn't hear another guest or noise from outside throughout our stay. The air conditioning worked well and although we didn't have room service, the menu looked interesting and varied.

On our first day, the receptionist gave us a map and highlighted points of interest and how to get there. I have read on here lots of reviews about the hotel being too far away from anything but this was really not a problem at all and I hope others would not be put off from staying at such an exquisite hotel because of this. The metro is about 100 yards away and so easy. There are machines at the entrance showing pictures of 1,2,3 or 4 day travel passes. We picked the 3 day pass. it showed a sign for 20 euros, i put my money in and out it came, no messing. We were the last stop so the metro was always empty when we got on and off and lights flashed on a map to show where you were. This was so much easier and safer than the London tube. Also, Barcelona is so big, even if you stayed in the centre, you would likely have to get a tube to other parts anyway. it took about 15-20 mins to get to Catalunya by metro so no problem at all.

Breakfast was really good in the morning. 16 euros but you are on your holidays so enjoy and fill your boots!

Also, the pool is not in the hotel but it might as well be because it is literally just the next door along. Because it was 14 euros for the day, we saved this until our last day and planned to spend the day here. I regret this now as it again was a fantastic pool and I wish I had gone every day. Yes you need a swimming cap but only if you plan to swim in the lanes. There is a decent sized pool that is the best in the world where you don't have to wear a cap. It is really hot and it has a ledge under water all the way round with massage jets that blow onto your back and legs. There are also 4 sun beds under water that blow loads of bubbles. It had 3 big fountains that run fast water. You stand under it and it massages your back. If I hadn't have had a flight to catch I would have stayed all day and gone back everyday. 14 euros is nothing compared to how good it was. Finally, the hotel staff let us check out late as our flight was not until 9pm which was really good.

The only slight downside was we had a massive TV in our room but only 1 English channel but my advice is less TV, more swimming, it is open until 9:30 - 10pm!

Overall, I had an absolutely fantastic time and thank the staff very much. I will definitely return as soon as I can!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1809 which was a standard room and absolutely brilliant. I can't imagine what the s...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steph R
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Had a very unpleasant experience in this hotel a couple of days ago. Another hotel guest suddenly came into my room in the middle of the night. Turned out he had mistaken his room number, went to the hotel reception and they re-programmed his key without checking if it was the correct room number. The hotel didn't even apologise to me when I went down, there is a severe safety problem in this hotel and I will never stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
17  Thank travelinstyle5
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Spent 3 nights in the hotel while attending a conference. Excellent location for business, close to the airport. The hotel it located a bit from the center, but no problem going downtown by subway (20 minutes) or taxi (10-15 minutes).

I stayed in a standard double room. The room was spacious and modern with a great view from the 15th floor. Excellent shower (!) and all necessary facilities.

Staff was very service minded and helpful. Breakfast was excellent!

All in all I highly recommend this hotel, especially for business travels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erlend B
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days. The hotel is really nice and the staff really polite and helpful. The room was comfortable and definitely great value for money compared to come other hotels I have stayed at in Barcelona. The location is not the best if you are on vacation but the connectivity is great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo