“Find another hotel - Yuck!”

Petit Palace Barcelona
Ranked #258 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As a very frequently traveller that has stayed in hotels around the world I've stayed in everything from luxury hotels to low end motels. I can honestly say that this was one of the worst places I've stayed and I would never recommend this hotel.

While some things like the lobby are okay, the room was gross. The sheets and pillows had stains on them and were dirty, the wallpaper was pealing off the wall, and the shower had mold in it. And as others has stated, the 'bed' was really a box spring, and it was like sleeping on a brick.

Do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John G
Thais F, Director General at Petit Palace Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Mr. John,

I would like to express my regret and offer my apologies for the fact that our Hotel did not meet your expectations.

If I'm not mistaken you have left the hotel this morning one night before. If you had told us that you weren't happy maybe we could have looked for a solution, however we are going to talk with your agency to refund you tonight.
if you wish you can send me an email and talk about what happened.
Your sincerely

Thais Flecha
Manager
thais.flecha@petitpalace.com

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My girlfriend and I both liked this hotel very much. Our room at the front was big,clean and spacious with a balcony overlooking the noisy busy street outside but with the windows closed all was peaceful. Many people have mentioned the beds being too hard which did make me a bit wary but i can honestly say that we both had really good nights sleep..comfortable and thorough. The decor of the hotel was very modern and stylish with dark corridors that gave the hotel an ambient feel. Cannot comment on the food as we didn't eat here but there is a smart little restaurant next to hotel that served delicious breakfasts.
Nuno, the guy on reception was very pleasant and helpful on any questions we had on the hotel or Barcelona. Very good man indeed!
Will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Paul,

We are proud to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and that our hospitality reached your expectations.
I'm going to transmit your congratulations to Nuno .

I will be very happy to welcome you personally next time you visit us here in Barcelona

Thais Flecha

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We got a last minute deal to stay at the Petit Palace which was worth what we paid however if you want somewhere really central or your going for a special occasion I'd look elsewhere.
However the hotel was clean and the staff were helpful. The decor is funky too.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jp7566
Reviewed 7 March 2014

great location the hotel is - reception staff helpful despite poor showing of the roses meant for my wife for 30th anniversary. bedroom plenty space - very dark at nights - braw for sleeping really despite hard mattress OLE' !! ideal base for exploring city really!!

Room Tip: worth ensuring room away from traffic as its on busy road
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Welcome at the reception is friendly, real human beings. My room was facing the back yard. The yard is used by a kindergarten and by youth doing all kinds of sports. Windows are pretty soundproof though. My room was spacious, and so was the bathroom (with a range of showers to choose from). A laptop was standard in the room, but mine did not work. Wifi did not work with my laptop, but I could access internet by using the plug from the roomlaptop. The matrass on the bed is really hard; if you do not like it and stay for a while: just tell the reception as the hotel actually may provide you with a softer top matrass. Breakfast buffet is OK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Decor a bit weird and bed hard and small. Room nice and big and had a good shower. The room was clean but the rest of the hotel smelt damp. Staff were helpful and location excellent. I would try somewhere else next time but in the same location there are a few hotels on the same road.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We spend our XMas 2013 in Barcelona and stayed 3 nights in Petite Palace Hotel. We had the room for 5. Nice big room. Nice bathroom. The beds are very hard. The breakfast is good, the people are very friendly. The hotel is situated very well, you can walk easily to the Place Catalunya and the Ramblas. We had a great time in Barcelona with the kids also because they could stay in our room!

Stayed: December 2013
Ana S, Online sales department at Petit Palace Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to know that we meet your expectations. Without doubt, our guest’s satisfaction is our objective. We remind you that we have more hotels with the same good location in Madrid, Valencia, Málaga, Sevilla, Salamanca, Bilbao, Getxo and, as you know, in Barcelona.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards.