“Lovely stay and AMAZING staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Petit Palace Museum Hotel

Petit Palace Museum Hotel
Ranked #104 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely stay and AMAZING staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Where to begin. My first few hours in Barcelona were extremely difficult. The hostel I had planned on staying in was basically a frat house, and I don't roll that way... So at 11pm I was running around from one booked hotel to another trying to find a safe, clean place to sleep. Petit Palace Museum Hotel to the rescue. One of two hotels with room for the weekend, they were so kind in understanding how exhausted and stressed I was (I had been traveling for 13 hours from Santorini and been awake for about 36 [Santorini was just too much fun for sleep]). They even allowed me to have a room for a night before worrying about accepting payment.

The room's were SO comfortable and clean. I had free internet access, a little balcony over a quiet street. Fantastic location for walking around the city center and easy access to public transportation. I'd give the included breakfast a 4 out of 5. Beds and pillows were amazing. One of the best showers I'd ever had.

Really, I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I was traveling through Europe and Northern Africa for 8 weeks between home stays, hostels, family, and B&Bs, and hotels, and this place one definitely my favorite. Maybe that's because it was a little luxurious break from "roughing it", but I LOVED it. I will definitely consider it one my return to Barcelona.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nicoya B
Ana S, Gerente at Petit Palace Museum Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
To our esteemed guest,
It was such a pleasure reading your comment. Without doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.
Kindest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Second stay at this hotel. A great hotel in a very convenient location 5 minutes walk from catalunya square. The staff were very pleasant and helpful directing us to shops or transport. Thank you Alex for helping us book tickets for the sagrada famillia. The rooms are clean and toiletries topped up daily. Breakfast was more than adequate having a selection of hot and cold foods. The bar is closed on Sunday and Monday but staff directed us to a bar nearby.

Room Tip: We had rooms 104 201 and 202
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
To our esteemed guest,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

VALUE FOR MONEY

Last summer my family of five members went on a 7-day short vacation to some countries in Europe. Amongst the places we visited was Barcelona in Spain where we stayed for 2 nights in Petit Palace Museum Hotel .

When we arrived, the check-in staff told us that due to their error by overbooking the hotel and thus not having a vacant room for us, they informed us that they had arranged a sister hotel of theirs about 3km away which was closer to the city. Transport was arranged by the hotel to the other hotel which was Petit Palace Museum Hotel. Although the new hotel that we arrived in was much more exclusive and a 4-star we did not have to pay any difference in costing.

Here , the check-in staff was efficient in checking us in fast and also giving us added information about the local attractions, opening times and the means of transportation to and from the sights. The hotel had free wifi and was in a very convenient location especially for the train service which we depended on. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was good with fluent English speaking staff to our assistance when we needed it. They even had a variety of breakfast menus to cater to different people from different regions .

Overall I would recommend this hotel as it’s value for money .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

thank you for your very complimentary review of High Tech Hotels. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our rooms and services.
I look forward to meeting you upon your return.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Facilities in room were fine for a biz trip - and laptop provided for use too, so could have saved myself the job of carrying mine with me [had I known].

Didn't do breakfast there so can't comment on that, but facilities in the lobby etc were not much in evidence; you wouldn't bother arranging to meet people there.

Location reasonably central, to the north-west of Plaça de Catalunya which was equally handy for work and play with good bars and restaurants in the area . No view, but wasn't in the room much anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Super location, central and easy walking distance to major boulevards and transportation. Rooms are small but comfortable, bathrooms are modern and well appointed. I was surprised that the lobby bar, which looked inviting was not open, nor was even ice available Sunday and Monday. All thought advertised as a High Tech hotel Wi-Fi was lost 2 of the 3 nights we were there, very disappointing. But I would stay here again because of the great location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to know that we met your expectations and that our location.

We regret, however, that certain details were not entirely to your liking. With this in mind we would like to inform you that we take note of each and every guest´s observations/ complaints/ suggestions/comments always with the aim of improving.

Warmest regards.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was a late booking for a work-based trip and #I was amazed to even get a hotel in Barca during VMWorld week.

There are at least three Petit Palace hotels in the city, so make sure you tell your driver which one. I ended up doing a 15 minute search at 10#:30 at night to find my Museum version.

Reception were wonderful, no hassle at all and I was booked in and sent on my way with no problem. Reception decor was as good as you'd expect.

The room was pretty standard 'boutiquey' for the current trend. Clean with all the usual trimmings. Odd that I had a laptop but no tea/coffee stuff. Well appointed wet room with a large shower stall and reasonable toiletries. TV was cool but as I was hardly in the room remained unwatched except for news and weather.

Breakfast was ok but a bit 'production line'. It's Spain, so the coffee had a life of its own.

All in all it was a good experience, the staff were helpful and friendly. Definitely worth considering for a holiday/tourist break as the hotel is fairly central and most of the 'good stuff' is in walking distance or a short cab ride away.

On the negative side, rear rooms have a nice view of a wall!

Room Tip: Rear rooms are bereft of any view, front rooms are noisier.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We spent a weekend here in October. The location of the hotel is great, very central for all of Barcelona. Some great bars, restaurants & metro all within walking distance.
We did not eat in the hotel so unable to pass comment on this aspect.
The staff were professional.
I did find both the public area & room quite dark, and the bedroom furniture basic, this of course my personal opinion.
All in all a good base for a city centre hotel.

• Stayed October 2013