“The perfect place away from home”
Review of Barcino 147

Barcino 147
Ranked #3 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Arendal, Norway
“The perfect place away from home”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My daughter and I had a very good time at Barcino 147. We left yesterday after 4 days in a wonderful city and at a wonderful place in the middle of the city. Great hospitality, very friendly and very helpful. They gave us the best advice of what to see, where to go and where to eat. We felt at home in the very beautiful B&B and will definitely be back some day. Thank you for being so helpful with everything!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Barcino's kind hospitality and delightful accommodation made our little holiday in Barcelona such a wonderful experience. Every consideration was done very well, from Ferran's thoughtful communication to manage our reservation to each of the staff's brilliant service. The transport from the airport was easy via the Aerobus and it was so nice to be greeted by lovely Roxy after the short walk to the Barcino. We were in the beautiful Nonell master suite and Verdi room and our family loved our time with you. It was a sumptuous and very clean accommodation with quality linens and beds, warm showers, well provided breakfasts and every little amenity kindly provided (thanks to sweet Jonina as well). We explored the beautiful Barcelona with everything being within reach of the Barcino. Thank you Ferren - it was a warmhearted welcome to your amazing Catalunya. We so appreciated your hospitality and will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hornbaek, Denmark
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was here for a long weekend and it was one of the best travel experiences I have had for a long time. The staf and the owner were very helpful and friendly all the time and I did not feel like another "tourist-equals-money" as can be the case in many hotels. The place is well decorated and clean, but the best thing was the simplicity and laid back-ambience: Breakfast was available at whatever time you wanted, the was no check-out time and you could ask for absolutely anything and you would never feel like you were bothering the staff. The owner would even lend you his own things if needed. Besides this, the location was excellent. Just a few minutes walk from good tapas bars, restaurants and all the main sites, not to mention the great shopping street of Passeig de Gracia. I really had a great time in Barcelona, partly thanks to this wonderful B&B.

Room Tip: Choose one on the second floor if you want to be sure having a room facing the street. The owner wil...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Johanne J
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I had a beautiful vacation in Barcelona. The city is great, and I wasn´t sure about picking a B&b or an Hotel. Finally I picked Barcino147 and it was amazing. Barcino is walking distance from everything, and as my husband loves walking the location was important for us, we could walk to the Gaudi buildings , to Catalunia square , everything. The personal very helpful, do not hesitate and ask them everything you need to know. Will stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary M
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at barcino B&B when in Barcelona for a conference in May. I actually did not know my personnel had booked a room at a B&B and was rather surprised when realising this upon arrival. After talking to Ferran and seing my room I was convinced to stay, and it turned out to be the best experience I have had in a long time. Although on business trip I had time to explore the city and because of Ferrans excellent suggestions I got to see all the litle perls of Barcelona in a short time and did not fall into one sigle tourist trip when trying out restaurants. It mde my trip so les stressful. I could recommend thid place to other business travellers: just put everything in Ferrans hnds and he will take so good care of you in any wy! Thanks man

Room Tip: I had the Nonay room, good choice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have just stayed at Barcino 147 in the Miro room.I enjoyed my stay very much and it was perfect for me. The room was very clean and well kept. I slept like a baby. It was a perfect place for me to launch into my city-exploring. Very centrally located and around the corner from Plaza de Cataluna. This made it easy to jump on the Metro, catch a bus and taxis are continual passing outside the door. I walked to all the sites in the center area.

The rooms on the "front side" of the Barcino were larger and have a view of the street but I was worried about the noise. I don't know actually how they are. The Miro was quiet. And I definitely like to stay in a room with my own shower facilities.

The communal breakfast area was very clean and comfortable for me. It is not a restaurant but more like a communal kitchen area and had a large table. In my 3 days I only had breakfast with the other guests once.

The staff are very prepared to help and sever you. I really enjoyed meeting them and wish that all hotels and B&Bs had such nice, friendly staff.

If I make it back to Barcelona, you can find me at Barcino 147 again.
Thank you to Ferran, Ruxy and all the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David H
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My partner and I have recently returned from one of the best weekend holidays in a long time. Our choice of accommodation was based on the many positive reviews here on Tripadvisor and booking plus a very interesting phone conversation with Ferran. When travelling we always try to get as much as cultural input as possible due to the fact that we are both working with media and communication, but also because we well like this enriches us on a personal level.

As for the room and facilities, we got exactly what we had asked for when making the reservation through Ferran. At no point did he make the room sound and bigger or more luxurious than it was. We had the Dalí room, which was without a bathroom and facing the interior. We had made a special request for the last thing, as we are both light sleepers. Everything lived up to the expectations in terms of size, sleeping quality and cleanliness.

The breakfast was simple as advertised, and the selection of cereal, yogurts, beverages etc. was more than enough. We enjoyed it in the kitchen where we got to know a lovely couple from Sweden which we ended up going out to dinner with at one of the excellent tapas bars nearby which Ferran had recommended.

And speaking of Ferran, the owner of the place, this man, abundant in information on his city's history, the culture Catalonia and his people, really made our trip. We were highly enlightened on the current political situation and the thorny issue on the regions independency, which we believe is far from covered enough in the international media.

Moltes gracies, Ferran, for making this trip a truly cultural and enriching experience, exactly what a B&B is all about!

Room Tip: As other reviewer have stated: make sure you get what you are looking for in terms of room size and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple