“Far beyond an B&B~ you will love this, and the owner”
Review of Barcino 147

Barcino 147
Ranked #2 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Canton,
“Far beyond an B&B~ you will love this, and the owner”
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Great location, very good decoration. It's the best choice we can find in Barcelona, so cozy and friendly, and smelling the culture of barcelona.
Ferran, the owner, is a very friendly guy, speaking English very well. He added a lot of value to our trip... direct us to have a lot of fun, best restaurants in town, and even to the small towns around Barcelona.... Wonderful!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank winnie33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2009

This B & B was comfortable and had a very convenient location for sightseeing.
Ferran was a good host and tried to resolve problems. The internet was working properly, so I was given access to a computer on another floor of B & B where internet was working. Laundry was not available unless willing to pay $10 Euros per load to have them do it. I got better answers as to where local places were (gym, etc) by asking at nearby hotels than asking Ferran, but he tried to be helpful.

Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank canuckjammer63
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 2 June 2009

My boyfriend and I just got back from a trip to Barcelona and San Sebastian. We stayed in one of the apartments in the same building as Barcino 147. Ferran could not have been more helpful and friendly. The 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment was clean, roomy, and fitted with all the modern comforts - a/c, fridge, microwave, washer/dryer, flat screen tv, etc. We were allowed to go down for breakfast and to use the computer in the kitchen for the B & B even though we were technically not guests there. Ferran made restaurant recommendations, including a restaurant in Sitges which we tried when we left Barcelona. It was great! If I have the good fortune to go back to Barcelona, I will definitely try to stay at Barcino 147 again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank perrychic
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Host Ferran Font is very helpful, just as everyone says. Excellent restaurant and sight-seeing suggestions. Beyond such routine, Ferran's reading suggestions for books available in his library, as well as wide-ranging discussions with my wife, provided us an invaluable introduction to Catalonian culture. The web site barcino147.com gives one a reasonably accurate picture but, if anything, understates the comfortable character of the 6th floor apartment. We stayed in the small rear-facing Miro Room -- much to our liking, no traffic noise even with window open, ensuite. Coffee and breakfast items excellent.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Another_Over_70
Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Whoever stayed in this B&B would defintely say "Ferran is great!" It seems like staying with a friend who takes care of everything for you - where to go, to see, to eat...to enjoy life!
My friend & I are from Hong Kong and we don't understand Spanish. He's so helpful to give us a detailed map with indications of the must-go resturants....and full list of 'must-eat tapas' all in Spanish! He even remembered my birthday (Apr 17) and recommended a very nice restuarant (for the best paelle) in the bay area, next to The Fish. Love it!
I got a chance to stay in 2 different rooms and they are both perfect with a touch of arts! I must get the Goya Room next time.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank IcedFrappe
Chicago IL
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I've stayed at numerous B&B's throughout Europe and never have I experienced the hospitality that I received from Farren at Barcino 147. It was like having a cousin in Barcelona to talk to when you came home> Farren's restuarant recommendations were spot on and never hard on the wallet.

The pictures on the website accurately show what you will see when arrive at Barcino 147. The decor was spectacular. If you are tired and just what to stay in for the night, the rooms all have flat screens and dvd's players so you can just sit back and relax.

At the end of the day, if my and I were to go back to Barcelona, the first person I would e-mail is Farren to make sure he had availability. I would entusiastically recommend Barcino 147 to anyone look to travel to Barcelona. My wife and I are in our early thirties, but there was also a family of four the Netherlands staying down hall. So it appears that Barcino 147 would be good for everyone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nolavisitor
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Ferran was the best host we've ever had at a B&B, or elsewhere fore that matter. He exemplified the advantage of a B&B: He made us feel like we were staying with a dear friend, sharing so much about the city, environs, and culture. The bottle of cava upon arrival was such a nice gesture. We toured the wine country, visiting a winery only a local would manage seeing. We are still enjoying the cava from there. I believe that places like Barcino 147 are how lodging of the future will be. No more massive hotels with indifferent staff. The distinctive traveler will seek places that make them feel part of the city and culture, if only while visiting a friend. Ferran is now a friend and we look forward to our next visit. Many thanks, Ferran, for making our honeymoon so nice. Hasta pronto, amigo. Benito & Cliff

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple