“just walked in”

Ranked #258 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
St. George, Utah
“just walked in”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel was a great surprise considering I had no reservation and just walked in off of the street. The staff at reception couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. I had two nights in one of their apartments. It was in a great location on the fifth floor of a nearby building. I was able to take the bus (number 5, I believe) all around the city. The stadium is just a few blocks away. The bed was comfortable and I had everything I needed. I would've stayed another night, but they were all booked up for something going on at the Barca stadium nearby. I was very impressed with the staff as they went out of their way to help me reserve a train ticket out of Spain.

Room Tip: hotel rooms were booked up, but the apartment was wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jayne S
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review at TripAdvisor. And for your original headline, as well. Its an imense pleasure for me to know that your first contact with our hotel went so nice and smooth and that the only thing you needed was to get in and let our staff do the rest.
We really appreciate reviews very much. They always help using our constant efforts to improve our daily work. It is very important, too, that our guests share their opinion with other travellers.
You mentioned the attention received from our receptionists. We always try to give our best service in all aspects to all our guests, regardless of whether they already have a booking or want to make it personally, via phone or e-mail.
Once again, thank you very much and we really wish to see you again in Barcelona!
For the next time, do not hesitate to contact us directly to book your stay so that we can accommodate your needs in a best way possible.

Best regards,

Madanis staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We just spent a week at Madanis and we loved it. From the moment we arrived, the staff assisted us in our Barcelona plans. Anais was so helpful, and her English was delightful! We made the trip from FL to see Barca play at Camp Nou. This was the perfect location!!! Of course, it was a great location for shopping, sight seeing, and enjoying delicious tapas, too. We hope to return, and when we do, we'll make reservations at Hotel Madanis! It was great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda J
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments about our Reception team. I will definitely let the staff know about them, specially to Anaís.
I am very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our Hotel and that you found all the information and services provided by our team useful.
It is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours. We strive to do our best every day, but only occasionally are guests kind enough to take the time to give us feedback.
We will be delighted to welcome you back at our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact us directly to book your next stay in Barcelona so that we can better accommodate your needs.
Madanis Manager
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

When I booked a room for 4 peole thru hotwire I supposed that was just a hotel. What surprise when I see that is an apartment. Another good thing was how helpful was the checkout with taxis, everything. Special thanks to Anais.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Buenosergio1
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, that I will definitely share with my team, especially with Anaís. it is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours.
If your future travel plans bring you back to Barcelona, we will be delighted to serve you again.
Best regards,
Baldock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here in an apartment for 5 people Friday to Sunday. The hotel is lovely, modern, very clean, the staff were always at the front desk ready and very helpful with local information and excellent customer service. The apartment we stayed in was round the corner from the hotel, only about 30 paces away. The block was very quite, very clean, we had 3 bedrooms; 1 double, 1 twin, 1 single, a large modern bathroom, sitting room, balcony seating area and kitchen area. Air con in all the rooms. Facilities were excellent and breakfast, which was included in our stay was brilliant lots of choice and well presented and looked after by the member of staff on hand to replenish the buffet. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The hotel is located about 2 minutes walk from the Collblanc Metro station, so easy access to the city centre. Only about 5 minutes walk from the Nou Camp stadium

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank LMJJ
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear guest,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff.
We will be delighted to welcome you back at our hotel, shall your plans bring you to Barcelona again in the future.

Madanis Staff
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

On arrival, there were only two people queuing in front of us, but it took forever for our turn. During check in, we were told our room was not in the main building but around the block at the back (we found later that it is called Madanis Liceo). The staff offered we can stay in the main building if we pay extra 15 euros per night. This was never made clear when we did the booking. We booked under the Madanis Hotel page which showed it is a 4 star hotel. In fact the other hotel we placed was only a 3 star as we found out later. For me it is a trap because it confuses people and not made clear when booking.
The room we stayed is not getting our experience any better, by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed. It was old and tired with very basic facilities. Despite the hotel only has 3 stories, the elevator only starts on the middle floor, so we have to lift our luggages to the first and no one was helping us with the luggages.
The only positive is that the hotel is very close to the metro station.
Overall, we felt we were tricked and the Liceo hotel itself is hardly 3 star standard. We would not come back again and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Xqu006
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear guest.
Madanis Complex consists in three different establishments which offer different kind of accommodation: Madanis Hotel (4*) Hotel Madanis Liceo (3*) and Madanis Apartments. They are only 50 meters far and share the same block in Les Corts district, next to the entrance of Collblanc Metro. Our guests chose the kind of accommodation which better suits their necessities and budget.
In our official sites everything is explained clearly and Madanis and Liceo have different sites so that the guest make the booking in different places being very difficult to be confused. In other sites which are not under our control the information could be more confusing even if we are always controlling this point. Perhaps this was your case if you thought that had booked a 4* when the booking was in fact in Madanis Liceo 3*. No trap, it was perhaps a confusion, but you can see our official site to check how accurately the information is given.
On the other hand, Madanis Liceo is a 3* with many standards of a higher category. Its design, comfort and service have been very appreciated for many guests since it was opened in 2011. To say that “it was old and tired” doesn’t honor the truth in any case because it really has still the appearance of brand new as most travelers have said in their reviews. Tripadvisor is a very good place where all honest comments are accepted but, in order to preserve the good opinion it has among many travelers in the world, the contributions must be honest and not malicious.
So, I am sorry but I have to disagree with your comments, as they in no way fit the reality of the circumstances that surrounded your stay with us. I am sure there must have been a misunderstanding.
Finally, please, accept our excuses if your check-in was longer than usual. We really work hard every day in order to improve our service but sometimes many guests arrive simultaneously and it is very difficult to avoid some small queues forming. They never last more than 5 minutes in any case.Be sure that this is a point we always have in mind.
I suggest that you visit us again soon and I assure you we will be ready to meet all of your expectations.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Certainly not a 4-star hotel. I've seen larger bathrooms on a boat. Tight shower, small sink. Bed was comfortable, wi-fi worked, breakfast was fine. Fine for an overnight stay, any longer I would pass.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Room is nice, clean. Everything is ok about the hotel.
But for 4 start hotel and 400 euros for 5 nights i believe internet connection should be better (I needed it for work). It is really bad and don't rely on it.
No complaints on anything else.
Thanks
Alex

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank alex d
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
I'll personally check immediatly the internet connection to test its power and you may be sure that I'll take all the necessary procedures to fix it if there's a problem. We offer free wifi for all our guests and usually the connection works fine.
I'm happy to know that you liked our premises and services in all the other issues.
We will be very pleased to welcome you back in our hotel.
Kind regards.

Mª Eugenia Huguet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Hotel Madanis Liceo
#388 of 512 in Barcelona
Hotel L'Alguer Camp Nou
Hotel L'Alguer Camp Nou
#459 of 512 in Barcelona

Been to Madanis Hotel? Share your experiences!