Sant Jordi Hostel Rock Palace
El Palace Hotel(Barcelona)
US$556
US$514
  • Restaurant
Hotel Constanza Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Restaurant
US$526
US$510
  • Pool
Salles Hotel Pere IV(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$234
US$200
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspub crawlsangria nightdorm mateselectronic lockerssocial areahighly recommend staying herelocated within walking distancecommunal areasrooms are greatfull kitchenbed roomrooms were very cleannight's sleepcentral locationlas ramblasrooftopplug
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here during my time in Barcelona in the beginning of may 2014. I chose it because of good recommendation from for example TripAdvisor, and to be honest it truely lives up to it.
This place just has everything whether you like to just chill, do sightseeing, have a good nights sleep or party! The staff is very nice and helpful with everything from picking out sights to help you practical stuff. The facilities are great. Rooms are clean, nice common area, computers and even a rooftop with pool.
Thanks a lot for the stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I only stayed here for one night, but this is definitely my kind of hostel. When you enter reception, there is a widescreen on the wall opposite displaying famous musicians at rock concerts. I loved the rock decor which is very welcoming for me. There is an area upstairs on the 2nd floor for people to relax where electric guitars on the wall hang, a drum kit in the middle (no drum sticks unfortunately, but I can see why they're not available) and bean bags for people to sit around. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating when I arrived. Overall, this was a cool place to stay and I was very happy. Refreshing change from another awful hostel I stayed in Barcelona.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wander l
Reviewed 1 May 2014

There is nothing I could say other than > Great staff! Great atmospheare! Great cleaning Staff.

We went out for a Pub Crawl and I will never forget the experiences and friends I made that day.

Must go!!!!

by the way, the cleaning was unpecable... Great cleaning staff! Hooray Pedro

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Arriving very late in Barcelona, we just needed a place to crash and looked up a cheap, central hostel without checking any details.
In the street itself, we actually managed to walk past it three times. Not because it is modest, but it just looks too good to be a hostel, very modern, cool and stylish design. So we found ourselves inside, checking whether this was really the right address. It just seemed impossible that we would get this for 7 Euros per night (February, low season). The staff was amazing, very cheerful and greeting us enthusiastic. They told us the place had just been open for a couple of days and offered a tour ("You guys wanna check out the roof terrace and pool?" - "The WHAT?") - Yes, the place has a roof terrace with a small pool.
So, we had a very comfortable night (great matresses, seriously) and a great surrounding as well. The people were really nice, everyone hung out in the kitchen together and a couple of people (us included) went for a pubcrawl which was great fun.
So, if you look for an affordable, good hostel with a good location (very close to placa catalunya) and a great atmosphere - Try Rock Palace. And those of you who, like me, like rock: Yes, they play Rock. And the good kind!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

For £16 a night, this was totally stunning. Immaculate, amazing facilities, staff were out of this world. As a solo female of 36, whose never slept in a dorm before, I was anxious and concerned. Security of my stuff was brilliant, bed was comfy with own light and plug socket, the bathrooms were beautiful, the whole place was just brilliant. Safe, affluent neighbourhood which is 25 mins from airport and 10 min stroll to town. Stay here, it's amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo