First off, contrary to other reviews on here the staff were really good, helped us alot with finding tourist spots like segrada famillia, parc guelle etc and even supplied maps and marked the points and bus routes for us.
The room itself worked, it has elements of all the pictures shown. It was a modern design with tea facillities, TV, Safe etc. The window blind in the room was torn but still worked fine, window closed. No noise. Room was perfect for what we, as a couple, needed for a 5 night stay. The bathroom was a highlight, quite abstract with a red accent against the otherwise neautral tones. Bath and shower, hairdrier, complementaries etc.
I had read the breakfast buffet was a bit over priced so we avoided that but attached to the north side of the hotel (out the back) are lots of restaurants and cafes that are part of L'illa, Barcelona's biggest shopping mall. This proved very handy, for both breakfasts (tea/coffee, pastries, yoghurt) and dinner (local, american, sushi) and spent 3 of the 5 nights drinking cocktails outside of 'IBOO', the staff began to recognise us and were very pleasent and accomodating. More restaurants and lots of clothes shop in the mall itself.
We didn't bother with the swimming pool on the roof really, had a snoop when we got there but it was quite small and it felt quite cold. We killed half hour on our last day taking in the last of the sun before flying home.
The location is outside of city centre, not walking distance but a nice 15 minute bus journey, isn't a problem when your happy to take in your surroundings and travel with the locals. Great system of €10 for 10 travels, bus or metro, which was almost the only ticket we had to buy all holiday.
If i was forced to highlight a downside, which im reluctant to do, was the fact that we didn't have a plug adapter with us and they wern't able to give us one. On the last day however we did discover a station where you can pay €1.00 and you are able to charge your phone in a locker which is located in the lobby. This was not pointed out to us, after asking for an adapter 3 times.
Would recommend this hotel again and i would use again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Barcelona's business district, Les Corts, and next to the lovely shopping mall L'Illa Diagonal, NH Collection Constanza features a lean, brightly-lit atmosphere with an outstanding commitment to customer service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, NHHotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Collection Constanza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Constanza Barcelona
- Nh Constanza Hotel Barcelona
- NH Collection Constanza Barcelona, Catalonia