“very nice hotel in a great city”

NH Collection Constanza
Ranked #71 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

very nice hotel, very good staff, very good rooms (large confortable bed, big bathroom) even if i choose a standard room.
good location in business district, full of restaurants and bars, ...a bit far from the subway but many bus and taxi in front of the hotel.
same quality as nh hotel in several cities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cristina L, Director General at NH Collection Constanza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time that you spent in giving us your opinion about our Hotel.
We do really appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to know that guests feel comfortable at our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to also thank you for your loyalty to NH Hotel Group.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My 3 stay at the hotel.....can't put my finger down to it But I do love this hotel.The staff were excellent and was lucky enough to book a Standard double room as the singles are too small, enjoyed the balcony too.Never tried the breakfast,hiccups internet wise in all the area where the hotel is situated for 24 hours.Staff were excellent

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Cristina L, Director General at NH Collection Constanza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I´d like to thank you for your feedback following your stay with us.
I am glad to read you love our Hotel and I take this opportunity to thank you for your fidelity to NH Collection Constanza.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We arrived at the hotel - the staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful. An early check-in was greatly received and after a member of staff gave us the lay of the land, we ventured out into the city.
The hotel is located just close enough to the usual attractions whilst being just far enough away to enjoy restaurants that are 'local' prices - Las Ramblas, etc are about a 10Euro taxi ride away and the hotel is on the route of several of the hop on-off open top bus routes at about 30Euro per person for 2 days.
The room was very clean, spacious and well presented - the roof top pool is worth a hour after a long day. Great hotel, will be returning very soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott W
Cristina L, Director General at NH Collection Constanza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience about your stay with us on Trip Advisor.

We are really happy to know you liked our hotel and services and that you enjoyed your trip to Barcelona.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

NH Constanza has nice and clean rooms, a good athmosphere and above all a great location with shopping, public transport and good restaurants almost at the doorstep. The rooms themselves are spacious with enough wardrobe space for business and leisure. The bathroom is more than decent size and equipped with everything one needs. A shopping mall is opposite the courtyard with some interesting shops and superb choice of food shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cristina L, Director General at NH Collection Constanza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the NH Collection Constanza.

I am delighted to read that you liked our rooms and that the Hotel´s location was convenient for your stay in Barcelona.

I´d like to thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the hotel booked by my travel agent. I am familiar with the NH chain of hotels around Europe, but in Spain they seem to be the leader. At NH Constanza was no different. Fresh cool very contemporary design to the hotel and room furnishings. The room itself a twinbed room facing the front of the hotel was not noisy at all as expected from previous reviews. The only downside was there seemed to a lack of maintenance as the shower in the my room just would regulate water temperature, nothing or too hot. I did not report it as I did not have the time and the bathroom was generous enough to having a shower also in the bath basin too. I did not try the hotel's recently new Italian restaurant, but the breakfast hall was all wood and glass with geometric white design which provided a very relaxed mood and comfort. The quality of the breakfast was excellent with a large selection of hot and cold items and plenty of fruit which I personally liked.

Overall, for a first time visitor to Barcelona the location of the hotel would be too far out from most of the main attractions. However, for a business traveller it would a convenient location as car access and parking is easy as there is a large shopping centre and parking right behind the hotel,moles the hotel has it's own car parking. The hotel staff at reception at least on my arrival were very professional kept eye contact and made an effort to anticipate my needs for my stay and should commended for fulfilling their roles. However, at checkout a different set of staff was not as proactive to assist when compared to my check in experience.

The bathroom and check out experience dropped a star.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Cristina L, Director General at NH Collection Constanza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay in our Hotel.

I am pleased to read that our installations and food & beverage reached your expectations. Also, I am glad you experienced a professional and warm welcome at the check in and I deeply regret the level of customer service was not excellent at the check out.
Regarding your comments about the shower, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience the water pressure may have caused you. I have personally reported this issue to our maintenance department in order to fix it.

At NH Hotel Group our guest´s feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to improve our services and reach the level of hospitality.

I´d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to NH Hotel Group. It was our pleasure to have at NH Collection Constanza and we look forward to welcome you back in your next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Modern, convenient, excellent location either you are for business, long weekend or family visit. All Barcelona is on your palm! Hotel staff extremely caring, friendly and helpful. Definitely we will be back!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cristina L, Director General at NH Collection Constanza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your experience in Trip Advisor.

I am glad to read your comments about our Hotel and the compliments about the team.
I am truly pleased you had a memorable stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back in NH Collection Constanza.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The NH Constanza is simply a great hotel. The rooms are great, with nice beds and comfortable bedding. There was a bathtub and a shower with enough space to move around. Breakfast buffet was fantastic and made you want to get up just a little bit earlier to really enjoy it! Service was perfect and the staff friendly and helpful The hotel is situated in the Sants neighbourhood, which is not in the centre of Barcelona, but it seems to have its own town feeling, with shops and nice restaurants. It was also a nice opportunity for a different experience of Barcelona, among the locals and the nice tapas places of Sants. The swimming pool on the rooftop is not really a swimming pool, but it was nice to have the chance to lie in the sun on the terrace after work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers in Trip Advisor.

It has been a great pleasure for us to have you here. We are proud to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and that our hospitality reached your expectations.

We work every day to provide our best to make our guest’s stays extraordinary experiences and it is always a pleasure to know that this efforts have been noticed.

Looking forward to welcome you back at NH Collection Constanza.