“Good Value - The Best Location!”
Review of BCN Hostal Central

BCN Hostal Central
Ranked #178 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The staff were really friendly, helpful and spoke good English. I stayed in a single room which was basic but clean and tidy. New towels were provided each day. There was a communal area with complimentary tea and coffee. You could buy a host of drinks (beer, water, coke) from reception. Free WiFi and a computer which you could use for free if you didn't have your own device. The only negative was the shower - it wasn't very warm or powerful but it was clean considering it was shared between a few rooms.

Finally the location, 10/10. You have Placa de Univeristat two mins to the left and Placa de Catalunya two mins to the right! Las Ramblas is just a stroll away and several Metro stations in close proximity. As it was my first visit to Barcelona the location couldn't have been any better and if your on a budget I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The hostel was reasonably clean and in a very good location. An easy shuttle from the airport and very close to Placa Catalunya. There is also a travel agency just a few doors down so that was helpful when booking the bus tour. The staff was friendly and it wasn't noisy at night. My only small complaint is that the elevator to get to the actual hostel is VERY small. I was traveling with a baby and had to take him up first and then go back down for the rest of my things. It took me about three trips to get everything upstairs so take this into account when arriving! Otherwise a very nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jodiaroundtheworld
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

One of the girls spent ages trying to help me find some shoes I wanted to buy. Really helpful. Central location but not noisy. My Room was basic but clean and just what i needed. Recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Tarzania
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed here about 12 months ago when we went to Barcelona. What a stunning city!! When we got into central Barcelona we got lost and couldn't find our bearings but eventually did get to it via a taxi and it turned out it wasn't even that far from the centre. About 10 minutes on foot. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who offered us a coffee whilst we waited for our room to be ready. As we landed in the city it started to hammer it down and when it rains in Spain it really goes for it . I have to say I enjoyed that. I mean it was October. The hotel had other very friendly helpful staff with a good knowledge of English but I got around with a bit of Spanish that I know even though the locals speak Catalan but they fully understood Spanish as well.
The rooms were very clean, had a safe where you had to input your own code and also free WiFi. Nearby is La Rambla, a stunning boulevard with restaurants, kiosks, gift stalls, live statues and other entertainment. If I ever went back to Barcelona I would definitely stay here again. A stunning picturesque city. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We found a very cheap hotel for one night , but it was so good, it was clean, nice staff, balconies, no noice from the street, only the bad thing about this hotel is the enterence which is located in the residential building and on the 3d floor :) funny, the rest is good

Room Tip: chose the room with the balcony , rooms with the window only are not good views and smaller one
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelerNatalia
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I liked the location but I had a drunk/drugged crazy person one night that made lots of noise outside my room and when I went out to investigate he tried to push himself into my room. I had to pull the door closed on his fingers but he wouldnt let go and kept shouting at me in Spanish! I was so scared I couldnt leave my room untill the morning (ie I couldn't even go to the toilet)- the staff did not eject him as they should have and offered no solution the next day except to give me free water! Also the rooms stink of cigarette smoke from the courtyard so you have to keep your window closed most of the time. The wifi in the rooms was intermitant- it often stopped and you have to ask at reception to reset the router. Basically it's a hostel, nothing more or less but I thought it would be safe at least- it's not.

Room Tip: Dont get one facing internally as you will get alot of noise and smoke.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Orphan_Andy
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Hostal Central's location is just great, just some minutes by feet from Plaza Catalunya and metro stations. It gives you a good opportunity to reach any place you plan to visit in Barcelona. It's easy to get from there to Casa Batlló, Las Ramblas, and by the way to/from airport too, because aerobus's stop is right on plaza Catalunya.
There is an elevator there, so you don't have to climb stairs with luggage. Reception works 24 hours. All people who work there, speak English very well. They are very nice, helpful and friendly. They can answer any your question about Barcelona, also there is a maps and info about city and about interesting places to visit.
From 8am to 10pm you can have a tea and coffee for free. There is a special place for this near the reception.
Internet is available and it's for free. WiFi is good, in rooms as well. Also there is a computer near the reception.
It's clean there.
I had a single room for two nights. it was nothing special, a basic one, but still good. There were: table, chair, bed, sink and mirror, some place to put clothes. It was small but enough space for one person. Bathroom was shared, clean.
Price is good. Because really it's hard to find a budget hostal of such kind, with such great location and with all what it has.
I liked Central.
Well, the only thing that can disturb, is a noise. It's really noisy there. I'm ok about noise, but some travellers would prefer more calm place. So pay attention.
And when you come to check-in, they ask you about a credit card, the one you used when you made a reservation. Be ready to show it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo