“Good, but a bit disappointed in some areas”
Review of Hotel Alhambra

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Hotel Alhambra
Ranked #460 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 4 August 2013

So I knew where this hotel was from holidaying to Malgrat/Santa Susanna as a child. I knew this hotel had the Club QK underneath it and the large terrace area with live entertainment each night so any noise was not going to be a problem. What was going to be a problem however was that I booked this hotel over others because its description said it had a gym and sauna room. Now I booked this hotel the day before I arrived having just come back from a beautiful week in Crete, so was always going to compare. I was looking for a relaxing/ workout holiday here. The gym was a small room with a handful of weight machines that majority of which did not work and euth children climbing all over and the sauna was out of order and you had to pay for its use which I was not expecting since it never said so in hotel descriptions. The gym was dirty and small with no windows to open only the door which you would have had to wedge open. I was very disappointed.
The room was ok, had a double bed and a single bed. Bathroom ok but shower in the bath with hose in middle of bath attached to wall so you couldn't have a proper shower as there was no space for you to stand to allow the water to stream down and actually hit you. Disappointed again.
We booked half board, I have never as an adult booked any form of catering on a holiday before so this was a treat. Breakfast could be eaten out on the terrace which was lovely, really good food and the omelette man served fresh omelette cooked with your choice of filling. I ate too many chocolate croissants they were that good. Dinner however was down in the basement - a windowless chamber which left you leaving smelly and was often smokey/misty with steam and heat. Food was different each night and my last night was like a carvery/meat feast - the best meal of the holiday. Drinks were over priced and in incredibly small bottles and we were ignored by the drinks waiter one evening and so went without though he passed our table countless times. Desserts were always good with a large choice, especially the profiteroles, but three nights in a row...please something else!
Hidden extras... 10€ for tv remote, 4€ day safety deposit box with 10€ deposit, 5€ day wifi, large safety deposit box for suitcase on last day 5€ with 3€ deposit, 0.5€ pp/per day resort tax on arrival

Average hotel, good entertainment, small pool for number of guests and majority of the sun terrace is behind the hotel and therefore in the shade the vast majority of the morning. I wouldn't return, I would pay the extra and stay in the big Aqua Hotels in Santa Susanna

Room Tip: There's two blocks