First of all Hesperia Fira suites is not a real aparthotel. It is a sidekick of the neighbouring Hesperia Tower hotel. This tall hotel is somehow rated *****, which does not extend to the Fira suites side. Approaching the aparthotel was strange since it is not located in a building of its own but on a backside of a big electronics store. The aparthotel has no reception, you have to go to the Tower side for that. Unloading the luggage was awkward, as there is no parking whatsoever on the Suites side.
The room was a curious combination of expensive materials (stone floors, high tech shower) ruined by shockingly inferior craftmanship. It seemed that the apartments had been quickly and cheaply renovated in a building not originally intended for this use. Balcony door handle was ready to fall off and it seemed like it had already done so a couple of times. Wallpapers were awry, seams and moisture control in the bathroom inadequate. It was strange to live on 2nd floor, on a roof of a shop, surrounded by concrete and asphalt. Balcony opened to a zebra crossing in a busy city street. We closed the curtains and tried to forget what was on the outside.
TV remote did not work and the picture was poor. WC/bahroom door had no lock. Shower only gave uncomfortably hot water unless you turned the flow to maximum so that the stream was stinging your skin. We had booked apartment for 4 persons, but kitchen had only 3 of everything: plates, forks, knives... The reception tried to help and the 2 stars are for them. When I needed to print my boarding passes, they showed me a computer and printer to do this.
The "shuttle" only drives 8 times a day and its schedule did not suit us too well. Airport taxi was 22 €.The biggest disappointment was the lack of a pool: misinterpreting the flattering images on booking.com we had expected a pool to be somewhere outside an apartment complex, but there was none. The hotel tower pool cost 14 € per person per day. Can you imagine an aparthotel with a pool charge?!
The information at booking.com concerning this hotel is misleading. The hotel does not answer to emails, which led to disappointments in the planning of our program. The location is ok, metro station 200 m away. For a short stay we managed, but a week in this kind of place would be unbearable. I strongly suggest you to go elsewhere, there must be plenty of real aparthotels around Barcelona!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Barcelona's new business district, the NH Barcelona Fira Suites hotel, formerly known as Hesperia Fira Suites, is a 10-minute drive from the airport and 15 minutes by car to the city center. It's also very close to the University of Barcelona and the Fira de Barcelona trade fair center. The nearest metro station is a 5-minute walk away and will take you directly to Plaza Catalunya. - located in Barcelona's new business district - easy access to the city and the airport - nearby metro stop with a direct line to the city center The hotel has 50 well-equipped apartments with one or more bedrooms, a separate living room, and a kitchenette. All the apartments are spacious and modern with free Wi-Fi. Some have a private terrace with lounge chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, NHHotels, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your NH Barcelona Fira Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Fira Hotel Barcelona
- Hesperia Fira Barcelona
- NH Barcelona Fira Suites Catalonia