We stayed here from 05/07/10 – 08/07/10
We stayed in the suites not the Tower. Both are 5 star. I would say Apartment would be 4- 4.5 star. Very clean and spacious. We had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor, Room 311. There is only 3 floors at the Suites. You need to book in at the Tower not the suites. Parking is underneath in the car park. Costs €24.00 per 24hours. We got a good deal direct with hotel. €222.00 for 3 nights not including parking. Apartments are decorated in black granite and light & dark wood. Queen size bed in 1 room and a single in the 2nd bedroom. Bathroom is huge, with a huge power shower with massage jets. Apartment is air conditioned, with plasma TV with English Channel - Sky News. Kitchen has a cook top with 2 elements, under bench fridge, toaster microwave, coffee machine but bare essentials for cooking with. Minimal cutlery and plates etc as the house keeping wash everything for you. Our only complaint is that it seemed housekeeping only washes dishes and cutlery etc under hot water as food and oil was still visible on plates and pans after they were left to dry. There is no tea towels or dish cloths or detergent for you to do this or even a cloth to wipe the bench from spills etc so we had to use the bathroom hand towels for this. There is a 4 seat dining table and separate lounge area. Free wifi in the apartment. Metro is a 3 minute walk across the road and trough a car park, and the train into Catalunya station takes 15-20 minutes and costs €1.40 one way. There is a grocery store right around the corner for food and essentials; also they provide a free shuttle into Barcelona city centre but not a return ride. Timetable for this free shuttle services is available at the reception. Staff are very helpful and fluent in English. Great place overall to stay just in the outskirts of Barcelona in a business district. Nothing really around her to see that is touristy but like I said it is close to the Metro. Would definitely highly recommend this accommodation and would stay here again in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Barcelona's new business district, the NH Barcelona Fira Suites hotel, formerly known as Hesperia Fira Suites, is a 10-minute drive from the airport and 15 minutes by car to the city center. It's also very close to the University of Barcelona and the Fira de Barcelona trade fair center. The nearest metro station is a 5-minute walk away and will take you directly to Plaza Catalunya. - located in Barcelona's new business district - easy access to the city and the airport - nearby metro stop with a direct line to the city center The hotel has 50 well-equipped apartments with one or more bedrooms, a separate living room, and a kitchenette. All the apartments are spacious and modern with free Wi-Fi. Some have a private terrace with lounge chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, NHHotels, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your NH Barcelona Fira Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Fira Hotel Barcelona
- Hesperia Fira Barcelona
- NH Barcelona Fira Suites Catalonia