We stayed at Residencia Erasmus Gracia the last week of November and the first week of December 2009. We were in Barcelona for me to have a spine surgery that was not available in the United States. The hotel was provincial with few amenities, but met all of our needs and was adequate for my convalescence.
The hotel was clean, bordering on sterile. It had wireless internet access in the rooms and PC's in the lobby if you don't bring a laptop. There was only one television channel in English; CNN international. The full size bed is two twin beds pushed together, which is not uncommon in European hotels. Each room had its own bath room equipped with a toilet, sink, shower and plenty of hot water. The staff was friendly, helpful and all spoke very good English. There is no restaurant or room service, but there are vending machines on the ground floor and washers and dryers if you want to do your own laundry. Our room was on the second floor (top floor) and on the courtyard. Because we were at the very end of the building it was very very very quiet; until 8AM when the construction workers began work on the building next door. (I'm sure that construction is complete by now)
The hotel was next door to a large grocery store (large by European standards), two blocks from the Lessups subway station and had numerous restaurants, bars, bakeries and other assorted shops within a two block walk. It is within a mile walk of Parc Guell, two miles from Las Ramblas. The nightly rate varied between $50 and $70 per night.
This is a no-brainer, but we left our brain in neutral one day. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PASSPORT IN THE ROOM! My wife did this and it was not there when we got back. We are not 100% certain that she did not lose it in the city, but are almost certain that it was taken from our room by the cleaning staff. If that happens, there is a US consulate a few miles away where you can get a temporary replacement.
All in all, if we are ever back in Barcelona we will consider staying again at Residencia Erasmus Gracia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residencia Erasmus is located in Barcelona's lively Gracia district. It offers affordable accommodation with free internet and a modern en-suite bathroom. Diagonal Avenue is 15 minutes' walk away. A buffet breakfast is served, including toast, cereals, cheese, jams and fruit juices. Residencia Erasmus Gracia also has vending machines, and guests can find bars and restaurants within a short walk. The Residencia Erasmus is located in a historical building and features a garden, lounge area with a TV and a dining area with a fridge and microwave. A luggage storage service is provided and laundry facilities and parking are available on request. Bookings at the residence (for short or long stays) can be made by students or academic staff travelling for academic purposes. The residence is just 15 minutes' walk from Gaudi's famous Park Guell, with many interesting architectural elements. Lesseps Metro Station is just 200 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residencia Erasmus Gracia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencia Erasmus Gracia Hotel Barcelona
- Residencia Erasmus Gracia Barcelona, Catalonia