“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residencia Erasmus Gracia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residencia Erasmus Gracia
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for five days and loved the place. The staff was kind and helpful, the rooms were very clean and the location was perfect. Within walking distance from Parc Guell and and the L3 Metro. Breakfast was a tad disappointing but everything else made up for it. Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keren S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

good: great, helpful and friendly stuff, I had problem with my reservation and they really helped me as much as they could. Also I was robbed in Bcn, and the stuff was really helpful about all my needs (to send a fax to the embassy, to receive a post for me)....The room was spacious and clean, as well as bathroom.
The only "bad" thing was about location, it is not in the city center but by metro you'll get there in 5 mins.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank hazmaju
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Returned from this excellent value for money hotel. Stayed there with family members for a long weekend break.
What can I say...Hotel although quite basic was still very clean, in a great location, modern yet retaining original features outside building and comfortable.
The room was serviced each day and the room was spacious with comfortable beds and a modern, powerful shower. Worth more than two stars definitely!!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank LM_ando251
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was the 2nd leg of a trip with my students. Residencia Erasmus is primarily a student residence catering to nearby universities primarily transient and short-term students like researchers and the like.

Rooms are spartan, mattress not the greatest and could afford to be changed. We didn't partake of the optional breakfast as it was too plain for the 5 Euro add-on cost; walking 15 meters to the nearby supermarket or crossing the street to the produce store got you so much more bang for your Euro buck.

There's a very large courtyard and some recreational space for people to hang out without causing noise in the rooms. My students particularly enjoyed that space.

My favorite part was the full kitchen that allowed you to store and prep your own meals. With the nearby places to buy fresh produce and meats the option of making your own dinner or breakfast was great!

The practice of leaving leftover ingredients like oil, spices, and the like for other people to use kind of helped the community spirit you feel in the Residencia.

Staff was very nice and helpful.

Location was okay. You had to walk about 5 minutes to the nearest Metro stop and the one-way , single-lane street forced you to get off about 25 meters away if you're in a bus or larger vehicle.

If you're looking out for inexpensive bars and lots (and lots) of inexpensive shops for food, clothes and the like, this is a great region to be in... after that it's just a 10 minute Metro ride to the tourist traps of Las Ramblas!

I won't comment on price as it was packaged with all our charges c/o the travel agency.

Room Tip: COOK!!! Seriously, if you can afford the time to at least make your own breakfast (and you have the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Been there September, 2013.
Hotel is ok, room big, although nothing special. Have tv, A/C (no need to use it in September). No safe deposit, refrigerator, hair-dryer only if you ask from the reception. Actually, one night after I returned from the city, I needed it for the next morning. I asked for it, but the receptionist told me that I can't keep it for the night. When I asked in the morning, they said oh, sorry, no more available hair-dryers! I guess they have only few.
The shower is really small and I guess if someone's a little bit bigger, would have a problem. There is only one curtain, and when showering, you should put it inside the shower tub, otherwise, all your bathroom will get wet.
Receptionists were nice, spoke english. Breakfast was 5 eur, ok, but nothing special. There are some nice restaurants in the area where for 5 eur you can buy a nice slice pizza or sandwich and coffee or juice.
Area is ok and nice. it's not far from the center. On the first day (since I wasn't tired yet:)), I started to walk around and I managed to get to Casa Batlo and Pedrera, and moved forward and I got to Plaza Catalunya for less than hour. The hotel is 5-7 min from Lesseps metro station, but few times I got off one station ahead, at Fontana. It's about 10-12 minutes walk to Erasmus Gracia, but it's a nicer area, with many shops and restaurants, many people, and it was nice walking around.
All in one, Erasmus Gracia is nothing special, but since accomodation in Barcelona is very expensive, I guess it's a nice place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I moved to Barcelona for a job and needed a few days to stay in a hostel while looking for an apartment. This turned out to be a nice choice. The location is good - not in the center of the city but very public transit accessible. The rooms were nice and the facility was excellent. Elevators, air conditioning, and lockers helped make the stay pleasant. The staff was friendly and spoke English. The breakfast was not free but for me was worth the price. Overall, I nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Estepona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had made a booking at Residencia Erasmus through booking.com but when we arrived (at midnight) we were informed by a letter left at reception that they were sorry but the place was full and they had booked us into another hotel. The other hotel was miles away and was in fact a student hall of residence place on the university campus in the far north of the city. We had booked this hotel as we had an early meeting close by and were furious that they had not let us know sooner so we could have found a more suitable alternative. The following day, I received an e-mail from booking.com saying we had to pay a cancellation fee for not showing up. On calling them and explaining the situation, they too were angry as they said the hotel is obliged to call them and not just send people to another hotel. Had we called booking.com they would have found us somewhere in the same area and Erasmus would have had to pay the difference - obviously why they just ferried us off somewhere else. I insisted at the time that the night porter call the director who, when I spoke to him (at first he refused to speak to me) was rude and non-apologetic. I would not recommend this hotel for this reason only - it's just not worth the risk of turning up and finding you have no room after all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business