Can be classed as a reasonable hotel or an exceptional hostel.
Residencia Erasmus Gracia is located slightly out of the city centre, but highly accessible on the metro. It is less than a 5 minute walk from Lesseps station (on the green line) and it is quite easy to get the metro if you are coming to Barcelona by either train or air. The rooms have no safes, so it is advisable to have locks on your bags and to hand all valuables (passports and tickets etc) to the reception as they have a safe there.
The rooms are pretty basic, but very very sterile and clean. The hotel is cleaned often and this is one of the selling points. The common areas are very good. They have a living room with computers and couches and a mini library. If the weather is nice, you can also sit in the garden. This is more live a paved open area, but is nice to sit out and have a few beers. There is also a communal kitchen with a fridge and all other appliances. The rooms either have twin or double beds and an old fashion tv. However, it seems unlikely that you would go to Barcelona to spend 15 hours a day in your room!
If you are staying here, it is well worth exploring Gracia one evening. There are a number of good local bars. Las Ramblas is also only a short metro ride away. The hotel is located very near Park Guell, but be warned, the walk there is uphill. Well worth a visit though.
We had the breakfast here, but it is extremely basic. Ham, cheese, cereal, bread, jam, 1 type of fruit, juice, tea and coffee. Only EUR 4, so can’t expect much.
All in all, this is a very affordable place which is safe and clean. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residencia Erasmus is located in Barcelona's lively Gracia district. It offers affordable accommodation with free internet and a modern en-suite bathroom. Diagonal Avenue is 15 minutes' walk away. A buffet breakfast is served, including toast, cereals, cheese, jams and fruit juices. Residencia Erasmus Gracia also has vending machines, and guests can find bars and restaurants within a short walk. The Residencia Erasmus is located in a historical building and features a garden, lounge area with a TV and a dining area with a fridge and microwave. A luggage storage service is provided and laundry facilities and parking are available on request. Bookings at the residence (for short or long stays) can be made by students or academic staff travelling for academic purposes. The residence is just 15 minutes' walk from Gaudi's famous Park Guell, with many interesting architectural elements. Lesseps Metro Station is just 200 metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residencia Erasmus Gracia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencia Erasmus Gracia Hotel Barcelona
- Residencia Erasmus Gracia Barcelona, Catalonia