“Well-located, Great Value, Friendly Staff”
Review of Gastehaus Gran Via

Gastehaus Gran Via
Ranked #241 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May of 2011 and were very pleased with our stay. Though compact, the room had everything that we needed and was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful, informative and knowledgeable. The breakfast was beautiful and delicious. I would stay here again in the future with no reservations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 April 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a city break, we really enjoyed it. The staff are great, the optional breakfast is lovely, our room was really clean and comfortable... We'd definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Do not stay at this place if you want a good vacation. My girlfriend and I booked this online last may. I thought it was going to be a bed and breakfast due to the photos/reviews. We went up a rickety elevator to the fourth floor which I thought was going to collapse. The gentleman who was presumably the owner was not unpleasant however he walked us two blocks where we had to go up to the sixth floor of another building and we were led through an apartment to a room with a window that looked out towards the middle of the building. The room was hardly big enough for the bed. It felt creepy like a horror movie and the bathroom was covered in a slippery film. The place was dead quiet and there were several other rooms in the apartment that all shared the same bathroom. In the nighttime we could hear other guests using the bathroom(right next to our room) and we were glad we only booked two nights. We both said we'd rather have stayed in a hostel than in that claustrophobic place. I'm so glad that I didn't book the whole time in Barcelona there we would have probably cut our losses and left as soon as we saw it. I write this a year later in the hopes that it will prevent someone else from staying there and having a ruined vacation. I feel also that this place is highly misrepresented online and don't want anyone else to be duped into booking this place

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welshjohnm
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I stayed at the guesthouse recently and I was impressed by the professionalism, helpfulness and courtesy of the staff/owners throughout. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable and the bathroom was of the same high standard for the price. The breakfast was outstanding and unbelievable value, a massive array of cooked/cold meats, cheeses, eggs, fruits, cereals, yoghurts, wide variety of juices and coffee served in a small but immaculately well presented room. The only negative thing I have to say is that some of the rooms belonging to the guesthouse are located in another building so check where you are staying before you book. other than that I had a great stay and I would definately return if I go back to Barcelona.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2010

-Staff was great, always very helpfull and friendly! Always in a good mood and attentive.

-Breakfast was really great! very complete and had various good quality products! Great value!! you won't find a breakfast this good and this cheap anywhere else in Barcelona!

-The rooms were cleaned daily and were very comfortable, the bathroom was cold in the morning though, and the shower was a bit small. Hot water comes from a small boiler, so it might get cold if you take long showers, still that was not a problem for us! the rooms are very close to each other and sound proofing is poor, so you can hear almost everything in the hallway, so if your planning a nightout, sleeping during the day might not be that easy.

-Location is great, it's in the Gran Via, it's very close to the metro station (rocafort) and various buses (including Aerobus, which takes you to the airport) . Very close to the Plaza de Espanya and Montjuic.

-Once we got there, we weren't sure where it was, and it looked like it had no sign, but it is there, it's the bottom one (on door #429) and it has the NETRooms logo. It's on the last floor, so take the elevator instead of the stairs!! ;) you will know when you're there if you see two big aquariums!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Do not take this place on face value! We booked a room that was supposed to be 130 euros and was on special for 60 euros. We turned up to find our room was in a student hostel type place two strrets over from the pace these photos are taken. It looked nothing like the pictures, was pokey and noisy, dark and more than a little grotty. None of the facilities listed on the site were available, and judging by previous stays in barcelona- definitely not 130 euros worth!! Just be aware you may not get what you think you are paying for.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank londonwanda22
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Our group of 4 people booked 2 rooms in this apartment hotel through a famous website. During the booking process, we mentioned we would arrive around 1:30 AM (due to flight). We got no acknowledgment of any kind for this request.
Although the flight had a 1 hour delay, we managed to be at the location at 1:35 AM. A staff person went out of the nearby bar blaming us for being very late (I think he thought we were to come at 1 AM) and requiring us to pay a 50 euro penalty for late checkin. We said we were surprised by this amount and that it was not mentioned on the website. We wanted to show the confirmation printed on paper but the staff person did not accept to have a look. He even mocked us ("you buy new glasses!"). He refused to discuss and obliged us to cancel the booking. He gave us the money back (prepaid booking) and was glad to let us find another hotel at 2 AM in a city we did not know. Charming!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends