“No” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gastehaus Gran Via

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Gastehaus Gran Via
Ranked #252 of 325 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Nairobi, Kenya
“No”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

I don't know how these guys got a trip advisor award for excellence. Thank god i was not with my wife, she would have divorced me. Carlos saved the day though. Whatever you do, just deal with carlos. Decent location, breakfast average, rooms terrible. Saving grace was that i was really just passing through.

Stayed September 2012

Families
L
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Me and my friend stayed at this place last week. First night we were taken to another house as we are told they were fully booked. After spending a night at nunber 415 we got bitten by bedbugs!!!the German owner moved us to the number 429 and said that he WAS aware of the problem with bedbugs and offered us a nicer (at first glance) room. The following night I got bitten very badly by what a doctor at A&E told me was fleas! The hotel owner fist denied that it happened in his hotel, then suggested to pay for medical treatment but when we gave him receipts he only paid for one, the cheapest one. When I tried to explain to him that he ruined our holiday and that we were concerned about the state of his hotel since I got bitten by insencts in his filthly hotel he stopped listening. I asked for a full refund and then he became very agressive and kicked our luggage and ourselves from his hotel swearing in German and being very abusive. We called in the Police and obviously he denied everything. The worse experience so far. Avoid this place. We just hope that we don't end up with scars now. Absolutely disgusting!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank curiousgirl_11

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May of 2011 and were very pleased with our stay. Though compact, the room had everything that we needed and was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful, informative and knowledgeable. The breakfast was beautiful and delicious. I would stay here again in the future with no reservations.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a city break, we really enjoyed it. The staff are great, the optional breakfast is lovely, our room was really clean and comfortable... We'd definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Mission, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Do not stay at this place if you want a good vacation. My girlfriend and I booked this online last may. I thought it was going to be a bed and breakfast due to the photos/reviews. We went up a rickety elevator to the fourth floor which I thought was going to collapse. The gentleman who was presumably the owner was not unpleasant however he walked us two blocks where we had to go up to the sixth floor of another building and we were led through an apartment to a room with a window that looked out towards the middle of the building. The room was hardly big enough for the bed. It felt creepy like a horror movie and the bathroom was covered in a slippery film. The place was dead quiet and there were several other rooms in the apartment that all shared the same bathroom. In the nighttime we could hear other guests using the bathroom(right next to our room) and we were glad we only booked two nights. We both said we'd rather have stayed in a hostel than in that claustrophobic place. I'm so glad that I didn't book the whole time in Barcelona there we would have probably cut our losses and left as soon as we saw it. I write this a year later in the hopes that it will prevent someone else from staying there and having a ruined vacation. I feel also that this place is highly misrepresented online and don't want anyone else to be duped into booking this place

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank welshjohnm
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

I stayed at the guesthouse recently and I was impressed by the professionalism, helpfulness and courtesy of the staff/owners throughout. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable and the bathroom was of the same high standard for the price. The breakfast was outstanding and unbelievable value, a massive array of cooked/cold meats, cheeses, eggs, fruits, cereals, yoghurts, wide variety of juices and coffee served in a small but immaculately well presented room. The only negative thing I have to say is that some of the rooms belonging to the guesthouse are located in another building so check where you are staying before you book. other than that I had a great stay and I would definately return if I go back to Barcelona.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

-Staff was great, always very helpfull and friendly! Always in a good mood and attentive.

-Breakfast was really great! very complete and had various good quality products! Great value!! you won't find a breakfast this good and this cheap anywhere else in Barcelona!

-The rooms were cleaned daily and were very comfortable, the bathroom was cold in the morning though, and the shower was a bit small. Hot water comes from a small boiler, so it might get cold if you take long showers, still that was not a problem for us! the rooms are very close to each other and sound proofing is poor, so you can hear almost everything in the hallway, so if your planning a nightout, sleeping during the day might not be that easy.

-Location is great, it's in the Gran Via, it's very close to the metro station (rocafort) and various buses (including Aerobus, which takes you to the airport) . Very close to the Plaza de Espanya and Montjuic.

-Once we got there, we weren't sure where it was, and it looked like it had no sign, but it is there, it's the bottom one (on door #429) and it has the NETRooms logo. It's on the last floor, so take the elevator instead of the stairs!! ;) you will know when you're there if you see two big aquariums!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends