“Absolutely amazing!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

278monika...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed 17 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

I stayed there for the total of 3 nights. It was a group of the total of 11 girls and we stayed there for a hen weekend celebrations. The apartment is more spacious than expected, it is very cosy and in the most perfect location. The landlord is great and communication was very quick and helpful. Couldn’t have asked for anything more. Absolutely spot on!

Date of stay: July 2018
18 Aug 2018
Thank you Monika. It was also very nice to exchange with you.
Jeanette...
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Birthday break”
Reviewed 18 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We had a fantastic stay in this apartment. The facilities were great and the couple of issues we had were dealt with very quickly. Dominique is extremely easy to contact and talk to and is very helpful. Only complaint is trying not to shut the front door hard because it echoes down the stairs, lol.
I totally recommend this apartment and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Your age range 50-64
22 Jun 2018
Thanks Jeanette,
It was a pleasure to talk to you.
I would love to welcome you again.
Hannah D
“Perfect place to stay.”
Reviewed 28 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Myself and my sisters hen group came to stay at this apartment, it had plenty of rooms for us all and each one equipped with its own bathrooms, lots of bedding and easily adjusted pull out bed for the ones who stayed on those. The kitchen areas in the middle was fantastic and ideal seating to all sit around table to play games, eat drink etc. Mostly what we all found was that the location was literally perfect ... we were right outside this lovely little square , Bar Lisa serving drinks!! FIVE MINS walk from las Ramblas, TEN MINS walk from the beach .. lots of lovely restaurants and bars and supermerecats on doorstep . Thank you Dominique and the key holders for your timing and communication before and after our stay .. made the whole trip nice and easy for us .

Date of stay: March 2018
318charli...
Perth, Australia
“mostly good - some things to be wary of”
Reviewed 21 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a superb stay in Barcelona and this apartment was a well located base for us to enjoy the city. The location really couldn't be better although its probably in an ever so slightly more run down pocket of the quarter (if only marginally) . As you head North or East up past Place Reial or over towards Via Laietana, things get a bit more upmarket. The first issue arose with the check-in - Key Barcelona should be dropped asap as they are really letting guests and the owner, down! - they made us wait for nearly an hour at 10pm after a 24 hr trip from Australia. You need to be wary in Barcelona at all times and we could not have advertised ourselves better as newly arrived tourists standing with luggage on a busy street! Once we were let in off the main street, I settled down a bit. One extremely good point about this appt is that you do not enter directly from the street. This makes it quite unique. There is a large iron gate that you pass through that takes you into a private alleyway - this keeps you well away from the street noise in your own little haven - a big plus, and is a big positive from a security aspect- The only people that enter this alleyway , are local building residents. (most of whom didn't want us there, but weren't rude, just ambivalent) It looks as though the info re the tourist tax has just been added to the description as I was not aware at the time I booked that I was going to be slugged with an additional $130 Euro for the week which did not make me happy! This is now clearly noted so not so easy to miss as I may have done. This really should be covered in the rental costs. After carrying suitcases up three flights of stairs (no lift - which is fine , I need the exercise!) The apartment itself is very spacious but several things need attention. When we arrived it had been closed for a while and had a very strong sewer smell throughout (which we struggled to get rid of throughout our stay) . The louvres in the aircon unit in the main sitting room do not work. The smallest bedroom doesnt have air conditioning so we had to keep the one in the main room on all the times to force cool air through (with two stand fans) and to try to keep that third bedroom moderately cool. This bedroom could not be called comfortable as far as temp goes and we didnt have much hot weather - this would be very uncomfortable in high summer. The aircon in the second room took us about an hour of resetting and fiddling to get it to work but we managed it. We dare not touch it for the rest of the week through fear it wouldn't start again. Also note there is no washing machine for clothes - i was made aware that this was the case after we checked in, which shows you can never assume anything! How you don't have a washing machine for an apt that can house 12 people is beyond me but this was my error in that it was my mistake for the assumption that it would - there is a good laundry not far away. The shower head in the main bedroom did not connect properly to the tap system, so you had to physically hold the shower head to have a shower - i managed to rig up a strap to hold it temporarily in place for our visit. The seal on the bottom of the shower door kept falling off resulting in daily floods. No spare toilet paper , no spare bin bags , no washing detergent - supplies were non existent. So many good things about this spot , but then again , several not-so-good that would probably make me look elsewhere next time? Its a tough one as none of the issues detracted in anyway from our wonderful stay in this vibrant city. The apt sleeps 6 comfortably and in privacy which was perfect for the 6 of us - any extra guests (if you intend to fill it with up to the 12 people advertised), will be on sofa beds which is fine but be aware that at least one of those pull-out beds is in the same room so that will mean 3 or 4 in one room (this is visible on the great floorplan in the ad so check that out) - suitable for families / children only i would have thought. To sum up, new aircon units, a new checkin system, some basic supplies, a bit of love and attention and you have a winner but the little things let this one down for me.

Date of stay: August 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
21 Sep 2017
Hi Charlie,
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for this comment extremely developed which helps us to progress.
However, I would like to respond to some points.
The apartment is located in the historic heart of Barcelona. It is not the most upmarket area but it is the most emblematic of the old town. Tourists generally prefer this neighborhood to more luxurious ones. I also have an apartment in the EIXAMPLE, a much better neighborhood, but the opinions of the travelers are not as good as this one.
I am sorry that you had to wait for check-in, it is actually a bad point for me, this is the third time this happens this year (about forty rentals) is too much, I recognize it . I explained with KeyBarcelona agency and we have set up a backup system to deal with this type of problem.
The usual residents of the building are never unpleasant. Ambivalent perhaps. They just ignore tourists, and it is also the case in other buildings and other neighborhoods of Barcelona.
Concerning the tourism tax, the City of Barcelona multiplied by 4 the amount of this tax on 1 May of this year. What may have seemed rather ridiculous before can represent a considerable amount today. 2.48 € per adult and per night. Tourist tax is never included in the rental prices in BARCELONA, whether you are in an apartment or in any hotel, it will be requested upon arrival. The only possibility of escaping (perhaps) is to rent an illegal apartment, which is not the case of it.
Indeed, the apartment is on the third floor without elevator, which is clearly stated in the description. Some people, like you, enjoy to do a little exercise. Unfortunately, this will no longer be the case because the elevator is now planned.
There was indeed an odor problem in the apartment that came from the sewer lines of the building. This problem is now solved.
There is actually a room which does not have air conditioning but which remains at good temperature by circulating the air of the rooms refreshed, even in summer. You are the first to make that remark. I will think about this.
There is a dishwasher but no washing machine, according to the description.
You had a problem with the shower head that did not fit. I guess KeyBarcelona solved the problem because I have not heard of it.
We supply 2 rolls of toilet paper for each room, so, 6 rolls. I believe this is the standard for rental apartments, then charge to you to complete if necessary. Same thing for garbage bags. To have continuous supplies, it is better to book a hotel.
The apartment can accommodate up to 12 people in terms of sleeping. It is true that for a perfect intimacy of couples it is necessary not to exceed 6 people. I believe that the plan provided perfectly reflects the housing conditions.
Thank you again Charlie for your comments and the 4/5 rating you gave me. I do my best to improve myself so that I never go below 5/5.
Regards.
weldonste...
Dublin, Ireland
“Great space in a great location”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed here as a group of 7 visiting Barcelona for a wedding. We were delighted to find such a spacious apartment so central. We had initially booked elsewhere but when that fell through this apartment seemed too good to be true.
The layout is fantastic for a group of friends or family and with each room en suite there were no queues in the mornings!
It is walking distance to all the major tourist spots and there is a coffee shop directly across the street and a convenience store a couple of doors down.
The real gem for me however was the owner Dominique who contacted us early and regularly. He was a delight to deal with and even went out of his way to post over a small parcel of gifts that we accidentally left behind!
We would be delighted to stay here again and would highly recommend it to others!

Date of stay: August 2017
KathleenD...
Westport, Connecticut
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 31 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The apartment's location in the Gothic Quarter was outstanding. Amazing restaurants and patisseries at your doorstep. Plus top sights a stones throw away.
The owner is a pleasure to work with, but unfortunately the check in process was difficult. They assured an early check in (11:30), but didn't show up until after 1pm. Luckily we could sit in the Plaza with all of our luggage and take in the sights, sounds and flavors of the neighborhood.
It is a 3-story walk-up and the graffiti was a little off-putting. But if you want a uniquely Barcelonian experience this is the place to call home. It comfortably accommodated our extended family of 9.

Date of stay: July 2017
dwalker31...
Akron, Ohio
“Perfect Location with lots of room!”
Reviewed 19 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We had over 10 people and had plenty of room. Very clean and beautiful wooden doors on the balconies and wooden ceilings. Great layout for night privacy. Big table for all to gather for games. On George Orwell Plaza, within walking distance of lots of shops, restaurants and tourist attractions. Almost every place we wanted to visit was in walking distance. Dominique was very patient and quick to respond to our emailed questions, too. All of us thought we picked the perfect place to stay!

Date of stay: June 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing