“Probably the best dinner I have ever had”
Review of Con Gracia

Con Gracia
Reserve with
Con Gracia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 9,689 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$76 - US$76
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Description: At Con Gracia, chef Jordi Delfa offers his diners three carefully selected tasting menus using Mediterranean ingredients with subtle Asian influences. The Traditional menu offers a selection of five well executed dishes, while the Surprise menu, also consisting of five dishes, is designed to reveal the typical flavours of Con Gracia. The third menu (Expresion) aims to totally seduce diners with the sumptuous pleasures of Con Gracia's cuisine. The restaurant changes its menus every 2-3 months.
Helsinki, Finland
“Probably the best dinner I have ever had”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Just unbelievably good. We had suprise tasting menus with wines and what a heavenly trip it was. And the service couldn't be better though may be they made an extra effort because they knew I was going to propose my girlfriend after the dinner. :) And when my knee touched the floor there was instantly two champagnes on the table. Nice move, guys!

Thank you once more Con Gracia.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Atlanta
“Every morsel of the Surprise Tasting Menu was a little bit of heaven”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was a little worried after reading a poor review below but my gut said do it. It's a little difficult to find off a small side street but it was the most devine meal of our trip. Our host was pleasant, accomodating and friendly. We chose the Surprise menu because I am an adventurous foodie and it's the first time I could talk my boyfriend into allowing a chef to make all of the choices. We chose no dietary exceptions which made him nervous not to list all of his food aversions. The foie gras consummate is still on my mind and taste buds, the sashimi was the freshest and most flavorable I have ever tasted, the pork belly was golden, crispy and succulent. I am running out of space to write about every course but I would highly recommend the Surprise tasting menu with the wine pairing. Staff and food was amazing! Make reservations now, it was worth every last euro in our pocket.

1 Thank zindee
Wokingham
“Fantastic. Great food, great service.”
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

We visited on a Sunday night and Con Gracia was empty when we arrived. A steady stream of diners arrived over the two hours we were there. We were greeted warmly by our host and the menu was fully described for us. We chose the Tradicion menu and the chef adapted the menu in line with our dietary requirements without any fuss. We began with two 'amouse bouches' which were both sublime. The quality, flavour and freshness of all courses was amazing and we left feeling full but not unpleasantly so.The bill was reasonable for the evening that we received and I really can't fault the food or service at all. Very highly recommended if it's the only meal you have in Barcelona. Many thanks.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice resturant”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We eat 3 people on a business trip, we order the "surprise menu" and it was really surprise. Food was excellent and diversified. Very expensive!

Visited May 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
“In our opinion - vastly overrated!”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband and I chose this restaurant for a festive birthday dinner on our last night in Barcelona few days ago. We had high expectations. This is a tasting menu restaurant and our previous experience with such a restaurant ("La Degustation" in Prague, Czech Republic) was outstanding. Con Gracia offers two menus -"Tradition" (in which you know in advance what you are getting) and "Surprise", in which the chef chooses the dishes for you. Each version consists of 7 small size dishes, and costs 59.50 Euros. One can add the wine tasting menu, where the chef pairs each course with a wine, or choose a bottle from their wine list. We opted for the surprise menu and chose a bottle of Cava. I am sorry to say that we were somewhat disappointed. The restaurant is designed in modern, urban, clean style, with attention and care for details. It's small (perhaps 8-10 tables, organized in 2 rows, mostly for couples, a few for three persons). The distance between the tables is rather small and in the evening we ate there, it was obvious that ALL guests were tourists, not even one local patron... The waiting staff were pleasant, attentive, professional and in our case - generous - as they did not charge us for 2 extra glasses of Cava, as a birthday gesture. They had a prepared polished introductory speech which they presented each table with, regarding the menu items and the special mixture of olive oils and spices they brought with the bread.
Our dishes included a clear tomato soup, black pudding croquets, marinated tuna with sesame seeds with a Japanese hint, , duck breast, pre dessert and dessert. Nothing was bad, but nothing was "Wow!", except for one dish. It was a brilliant combination of foie and truffles placed on the bottom of a deep soup bowl on which a generous portion of rich misu (!) soup was poured. It was delicious. But 60 Euros for one outstanding dish is a bit pricy, in our opinion...

5 Thank meira_10