1,173 results
All reviews rooftop bar gothic quarter boutique hotel turn down service bottle of cava amazing hotel the general manager rooms are beautiful el born the entire staff junior suite great boutique tapas plunge pool the hotel manager the location is perfect every evening
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

After reviewing other critiques on Trip Advisor, I decided to stay with my husband for 5 nights at The Serras on my first trip to Barcelona. It's a fabulous location facing the waterfront, on the edge of the Gothic Quarter. So close to many sights- La Rambla, La Boqueria , the Picasso Museum and the Barcelona Cathedral just to name a few. The rooms are very modern, they give you a phone to help you navigate the city streets and leave you a scrumptious treat nightly. The restaurant food day or night is fabulous but the real star is the staff. They greet you with a smile, drink, offer of help, set up itineraries . I want to recognize Angela and the Daniels x 2 who went above and beyond in this beautiful city. I can go on and on. Just check it out for yourself !

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajltravel
Antonio B, Director General at Hotel The Serras, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear ajltravel,

Thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

It is truly a pleasure to have you describe us as an "Incredible Boutique hotel", that you found us to be in a fabulous location and felt that our team is the ¨real star¨ but most of all that you recommend others to check us out for themselves! Thank you very much! Our team works tirelessly to exceed guest expectations and strives to make your stay unforgettable, so it makes us truly proud that you feel like you can just go on and on about all the positive things you experienced at The Serras. Thank you very much! I was delighted to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

My team and I thank you once again for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back at your new home in Barcelona.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The staff was awesome and was extremely helpful. The housetop bar is great and the room was perfect, with not a thing out of place. The location can;t be beaten with easy access to the shoreline and all the well known spots an easy stroll away. When in Barcelona, stay here!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlySleepEat

Dear FlySleepEat,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write such a GREAT review about your experience with us.

We cannot thank you enough for your fantastic review of The Serras! We were thrilled to read that you found our staff to be awesome and extremely helpful, that our location cannot be beaten and most of all that you recommend us to all visiting Barcelona! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Our team makes it a daily commitment to continuously improve our very high standards of service so it makes us truly proud to read your fantastic feedback! Thank you very much! It was truly a pleasure to have you in house with us.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us at The Serras.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel almost a year a head of our stay based on trip advisor and a friend who stayed. Overall it was a very nice place. Location and front desk staff were great. Rooms are nice and quiet. I couldn't give it a 5 star because we found the pool bar service at the pool to be very slow. On 3 different occasions we went up for drinks at the pool and found ourselves waiting a long time to get drinks (20-25 minutes from time of ordering). Usually there was one nice bartender who just moved way to slow. Also I came to the pool one morning at 1030am and it was filthy with stuff floating on surface. I was surprised it hadn't been cleaned from the day before.
Close to a 5 star but not quit. Again front staff were awesome

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank umandr

Dear umandr,

Thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

We were very pleased to read that you had a nice stay at The Serras and found our location and front desk staff to be GREAT! Thank you very much! With regards to your comments about our Rooftop, we sincerely apologise for the less than perfect service as you felt that the waiting time was too long. We also sincerely apologise for any debris that may have been floating in our pool, clearly carried by some particularly strong winds that morning as we have it cleaned every day in the early morning without exception. Nevertheless, I ask that you please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and I would also like to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience as it is crucial in order for us to continue improving our very high standards of service. It was truly a pleasure to have you in house with us.

My team and I thank you once again for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us at The Serras.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed at the Serras for 4 nights in June, and on most counts it ticked all the boxes you expect from a 5 star luxury boutique hotel. Service standards throughout the hotel were superb, with the tone set by a warm and personalised greeting upon arrival (accompanied by complimentary cava), followed by a tour of the hotel's smartly designed and beautifully furnished public areas, including the wonderful rooftop plunge pool/ bar area which offers panoramic views over the harbour and the many mega yachts moored there. Despite it being quite crowded at times because of private functions there, we always managed to find a seat to sample the excellent range of drinks on offer.  While we didn't eat breakfast in the hotel's Michelin star restaurant, El Informal, we enjoyed two excellent dinners there with the food, wine and service all top tier. The Serras' location is perfect to explore the historic Gothic Quarter and adjoining El Born area, which both contain a multitude of shopping and dining options (be sure to visit the Picasso Museum which is only a few minutes’ walk from the hotel and is well worth the queue time). We also walked through the winding alleys and laneways of this historic part of town to the city centre, Eixample and the city's main high end shopping strip along Passeig de Garcia.
Despite all its pluses, including above all it's superb staff, our stay at the Serras didn't quite match that of some of the other similar standard properties we booked such as the Mercer in Seville because of the very compact room we were allocated. With the benefit of hindsight, we should have booked a Grand Deluxe room (which we viewed since a friend was staying in this category), rather than a Superior Room, as we found the latter MUCH too cramped to comfortably accommodate us and our luggage. As a side note our room featured a different layout to the Superior room photos depicted on the hotel's website (and certainly felt smaller than the promoted 30 sq. m size) so am uncertain as to whether they have different categories of this room type, as ours certainly didn't have enough space to contain a 2-seater sofa at the end of the bed as the website depicts. Also on our last night water began leaking from the bathroom ceiling onto the floor, however to the hotel's credit this was rectified by the time we returned from dinner. We would definitely stay at the Serras if visiting Barcelona again but for the reasons above would select the larger and more expensive room category, as all rooms feature excellent double glazing and super comfortable beds, resulting in a good night's sleep.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND - with a more expensive room choice!

Room Tip: Do not stay in anything less than a Grand Deluxe room..
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear MoreFunForever,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

We were thrilled to read that you found the service standards throughout our hotel to be SUPERB, that you felt that our food, wine and service are all TOP TIER and our location PERFECT, but most of all that you HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Serras! Thank you very much!! With regards to your comments about our superior rooms, we are so sorry that you found it a bit smaller and I agree that if you felt that you would have enjoyed a more spacious room, our Grand Deluxe rooms will be perfect for the next time you visit us at The Serras! I was delighted to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us in your future reservation.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the outstanding location walking distance to everything from the beaches to the historic sites of the city, but it is the commitment to hospitality that will bring us back. It is very clear from your first entrance here that management wants the guests to be happy. From the glass of wine at check in, assisting with tickets to sites, restaurant recommendations with reservations, supplying mobile phones with google maps to the guests, spacious comfortable rooms, comfortable rooftop lunge with small pool and huge gin tonics, beach towels for the beach, to coffee to go when calling the cab to the airport, they do it all. We cannot recommend it more highly

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear john k,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras for your stay in Barcelona and taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

We were thrilled to read that you found us to be in an OUTSTANDING LOCATION, that it is indeed our commitment to world class hospitality that will bring you back to The Serras, and that you simply cannot recommend us more highly! What a fantastic compliment, thank you very much!!! At The Serras, we are all about warm, personalized, luxury oriented service and it truly makes us very happy to receive such great feedback from one of our dear guests. It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you during your stay with us!