1,208 results
All reviews rooftop bar gothic quarter boutique hotel turn down service bottle of cava amazing hotel el born rooms are beautiful dinner reservations the entire staff junior suite great boutique perfect location tapas plunge pool small pool fantastic stay
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We have just enjoyed a wonderful 5 night stay at this exemplary hotel. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived at check in to be greeted by one of the many friendly staff members and enjoyed a hot towel and chilled cava while we checked in. The room was excellent with a bottle of chilled cava and local delicacies waiting ,a very comfortable Hypnos Bed, excellent and plentiful Malin and Goetz toiletries and an excellent ( user friendly) shower. Each night a delicious little sweet treat was left by the bed - a lovely indulgence at the end if a hard day sight seeing. Breakfast was delicious- I particularly recommend the organic avocado sandwich ! We dined at the restaurant and had a lovely meal where amongst other delights we had the best Potatas Bravas in Barcelona! Another night the hotel booked a tapas bar for us when we were undecided as it started to rain- no problem as the manager gave us a glass of cava while we waited for the rain to stop then sent us on our way with a map. Llamber turned out to be an excellent recommendation.
The roof top bar was intimate and the cocktails delicious.
The position of the hotel by the Born district, 10 minutes from the Ramblas and overlooking the harbour was very convenient.
I highly recommend .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank PegHughes
Antonio B, Director General at Hotel The Serras, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear PegHughes,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write such a GREAT review about your experience with us.

We cannot thank you enough for your fantastic review of The Serras! We were thrilled to read that you found us to be an exemplary hotel, that everything was perfect from the moment you checked in, and that you found our staff to be very friendly and our breakfast delicious. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Our team makes it a daily commitment to continuously improve our very high standards of service so it makes us truly proud to read your fantastic feedback! Thank you very much! It was truly a pleasure to have you in house with us.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us at The Serras.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My husband and i ended our trip to Spain with 4 fabulous days here. Perfection in every way. The location was a perfect base for exploring the Marina opposite, Las Ramblas a short distance away and the entire Gothic Quarter. Our Junior Suite with Sea View was a sanctuary to come back to after long, hot days exploring and had every amenity you could wish for. The sound proofing was amazing, no sound from the street below...A special mention to the shower, my husband is still raving about the design! We didn't eat at the restaurants as I always prefer to get out into the city but we did speak to a couple who had eaten there every night of their stay and they had high praise for it. A special mention to Daniella at reception, she helped us with every request no matter how minor and every lunch and dinner recommendation we were given was spot on. Overall, the service was exceptional, I didn't get the busboys name when we were checking in but he was a joy to interact with for the duration of our stay. We travel extensively and always in boutique hotels and I can definitively say for a city hotel, this is one of if not the best. If you are debating whether or not to stay here, stop debating and just go ahead and make the booking!!!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank celticcharm

Dear celticcharm,

Thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

It is truly a pleasure to have you describe us as one of your favourite hotels in the world, that you found our location to be perfect as a base to explore Barcelona and our service simply EXCEPTIONAL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Our team works tirelessly to exceed guest expectations and strives to make your stay unforgettable, so it makes us truly proud to have you recommend us to others! Thank you very much! I was delighted to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

My team and I, and Daniela in particular, thank you once again for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back at your new home in Barcelona.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Fabulous hotel with world class service. Attentive, genuine and extremely helpful. It made our trip to Barcelona especially memorable. The restaurant, Informal, was outstanding. Great food with great service as well.

We'll be back, for sure

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank jgolbus

Dear jgolbus,

Thank you for choosing The Serras for your stay in Barcelona and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

We were thrilled to have you describe The Serras as ¨A true gem!¨, that you feel that we are a fabulous hotel with world class service and that you found our staff to be attentive, genuine and extremely helpful. Thank you very much! Our team makes it a daily commitment to continuously improve our very high standards of service and it makes us truly proud to have you state that you´ll for sure be back to stay with us! Thank you very much! It was truly a pleasure to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I have traveled far and wide and this is by far on the top of my list of hotels. I had a million questions prior to arrival. I would email and get instant responses. Anastasia was always ready with an answer. The staff organized dinners and trips prior to our arrival which made everything go so smoothly.

We were greeted by Jan as soon as the cab pulled up (they do have a car that will pick you up, but the cab is cheaper). He brought up our bags clearly loving his job. Jan also went out of his way to come to our room with recommendations, as he knew we were off to Begur. Other amazing receptionists were Daniella and Sergio. Meziane, who worked the rooftop bar, was so fun and interesting to talk to. And then there was SANDRA. I just loved her. I asked for coffee with half and half. She didn't know what that was and we laughed and laughed as I explained our strange American ways. Then she brought me half milk and half cream in different containers. And the next morning - there she was - waiting with my coffee! What a dream.

There were many other wonderful staff - I missed some of their names - give them all a raise! Everybody had a smile at all times.

The room - gorgeous. We had the standard room. It wasn't huge, but it was just perfect. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Big fluffy pillows - and great towels and robes. There was a small terrace where I hung my bathing suits to dry. The bathroom was brilliant. The shower was huge and had an awesome spray. There were 2 sinks, allowing my husband and me to have plenty of room.

The restaurant - We only ate breakfast. Very good food and again - Sandra made the meal special.

The gym- Small and complete with anything you need - treadmill, elliptical, some weights. There were also yoga mats.

The ROOFTOP- the best part. We just loved it. The pool is small, but just big enough for what you need. No, you can't do laps, but yes, you can cool off. There are lovely, cushioned chairs and waiters to attend to your needs. The cold water was a great touch. No need to bring water bottles. You can have tapas as a snack - I do believe they also serve lunch.

TOUCHES - There was a bottle of champagne in our room waiting! As it turns out, we don't drink champagne - only wine. So they swapped it out! HOW NICE! We enjoyed going to the rooftop with our bottle before dinner.

You can't go wrong at this hotel!!

Room tip: Depends what you prefer. They have deluxe rooms that are larger. We didn't see the need. You can request king or twin (for our adult kids)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank bratzoe

Dear bratzoe,

We cannot thank you enough for your very kind words about your stay at The Serras. We were delighted to have you describe us as a "Stunning hotel with FABULOUS staff!", that we are on the top of your list of hotels, and that you found our bed to be the most comfortable you have ever slept in. Thank you very much!

Our team makes it a daily commitment to continuously improve our very high standards of service and deliver a truly memorable hospitality experience and so it makes us feel truly proud to receive such great feedback from you.

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back at your new home in Barcelona.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic finish to our 6 week soujourn in Spain. Magnificent location opposite the Marina and in the Gothic area. Greeted by sincere smiling faces as we completed our check in with complimentary Cavos. Hotel decor and ambience classically understated- superb. Only 28 rooms we felt like we were guests in a beautiful home. Nothing was left to chance in the rooms- attention to detail excellent- superior comfort. Rooftop bar - and restaurant both excellent. Overall a stunning experience- well worth the price- and we will be back.
Judith- Australia

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Global474451

Dear,

It is truly a pleasure to have you describe The Serras as "Absolute Class in fabulous location", that you found our hotel decor and ambience to be SUPERB, our attention to detail EXCELLENT but most of all that you left feeling like you had a STUNNING EXPERIENCE with us. Thank you very much!! Each and every one of our team members works tirelessly to exceed guest expectations and strives to make your stay unforgettable, so it makes us truly proud to receive such phenomenal feedback from you. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

My team and I thank you once again for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back at your new home in Barcelona.