1,178 results
All reviews rooftop bar gothic quarter boutique hotel turn down service bottle of cava amazing hotel the general manager rooms are beautiful el born the entire staff junior suite great boutique tapas plunge pool the hotel manager the location is perfect every evening
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Hotel Service was superb!! Staff took care to greet us, arrange cabs, and leave us a nice welcome treat in the room for our honeymoon check in! Rooms, bathrooms, and grounds were super clean and comfortable. Rooftop terrace was sexy and they make great drinks!

Hotel is located in a great spot, walking distance from the Port/Marina and the touristy street that includes La Boqueria Market (a must visit). The beach is a far walk but a short cab ride and also very nice.

Would totally stay here again if in Barcelona!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sunjay R
Antonio B, Director General at Hotel The Serras, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Sunjay R,

Thank you for choosing The Serras to celebrate your honeymoon and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

It is truly a pleasure to have you describe your stay with us as "Awesome", that you found our hotel service to be superb and us to be located in a great spot but most of all that you would totally stay with us again if in Barcelona! Thank you very much! Our team works tirelessly to exceed guest expectations and strives to make your stay unforgettable, so it makes us truly proud to receive such great feedback from you! Thank you very much! I was delighted to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

My team and I thank you once again for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back at your new home in Barcelona.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We recently returned from Barcelona after a one night stay at the Serras and a 10 day cruise. We cannot say enough about how disappointed we were with this hotel and do not recommend anyone stay there. On the first day after an 8 hour night flight we arrived at 9:30am and were told they would put a rush on having our room prepared. At 11:30am when we enquired about our room we were then told that the previous guests had not checked out yet and they had until noon to do so. At 1:00 we enquired again and were told that check-in was 2pm and we would have to wait and guaranteed the room would be ready by then. The room was not ready until after 2:00 (so much for putting a rush on the room). We had booked a sea view room for over 800 Euros and find we are on the 3rd floor facing trees and have absolutely no view at all. When we later enquired about this they said any room on the sea side was considered a sea view room. They did give us a reduced rate (600+ Euros) after complaining.
At 6:30 pm the same day we receive a call from the front desk asking when we are checking out the next day as the hotel is very busy and we responded we would let them know in the morning. After a long day of travel we decide to go to bed early and at 10pm are awaken by another call from the hotel asking when we will be checking out the next day. After our return our travel agent emailed the hotel and they wouldn't even reply to her.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bhall94

Dear bhall94,

Thank you for taking the time to write your personal review about your experience with us.

We are very sorry to hear that you were rather unhappy that we could not offer you a room at 9H30 in the morning when you first arrived in Barcelona. We completely understand that you were tired from your overnight flight, but hotel check in time is at 2PM and we cannot put a rush on having a room prepared if the room is occupied by another guest. Unfortunately/luckily July it’s the busiest period of the year and we do have all rooms completely fully booked every single night. As I am sure you appreciate we cannot ask other guests to leave the hotel before check out time. Please do trust us when we say that if we had the room available earlier we would have been more than happy to have it ready for you in advance, unfortunately this is something that is out of our control as we do not know at what time exactly guests does check out.

With regards to your complaint on the evening call, I am personally so gloomy and sorry that you didn’t appreciate our call but as I am sure you know this is one of the finest standard of only the BEST HOTELS in the world. This is called courtesy call and we do it in order to help all our guest on arranging the best smoothly and effortlessly check out. Our question are simply that… Would you like us to help you on arranging a private car to the airport? Would you like us to arrange a taxi for you? Would you like to give us a time for the luggage porter to come to your room and helping you on bringing down your luggage? Would you like to have our buttler to come to your room and helping you pack your stuff?
Our call it’s not merely to ask you the time you leave, it’s simply on of our many excellent standard in order to make your stay an unforgettable one.

Last but not least, I can personally assure you that we have never received any email from your travel agent and if we would have received it we would have definitely responded.

I understand that unfortunately with an only 1 night stay at The Serras you didn’t felt and appreciate all the efforts and details we do every single day for all our guests. However my team and I thank you for your valuable feedback and I personally look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Barcelona.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Great little hotel near all the action. Impeccable service. Champagne on arrival and thorough explanation of everything in the hotel. You get a free mobile device with a ton of local info for walking around down too!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wildlyinlove

Dear Wildlyinlove,

Thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

We were delighted to read that you found us to be a great little hotel with IMPECCABLE SERVICE! What a fantastic compliment, thank you very much! Each and every one of our team members takes it upon himself as a personal challenge to use each day as an opportunity to take themselves one step closer to delivering a perfect service experience and it is truly a pleasure to have one of our dear guests highlight our strong efforts! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

My team and I thank you for your kind words and I personally look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us at The Serras.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Wow, from location to a free upgrade, fantastic staff, amazing rooms, roof top pool and bar, and one of the best breakfast you could ask for... certainly going back to The Serras when I'm next in Barcelona ....

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbiea21

Dear Debbiea21

I would like to personally thank you for choosing The Serras and taking the time to write such a great review about your experience with us.

We were thrilled to have you describe us as "5 star all the way!!" that you found everything from our location to fantastic staff and amazing rooms to be WOW but most of all that you are certainly coming back to The Serras the next time you´re in Barcelona! Thank you very much! Our team makes it a daily commitment to continuously improve our very high standards of service and it truly gives us great pleasure to go the extra mile for our guests. Thank you very much! It was truly a pleasure to have you in house with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Our family of 6 (2 adults, 4 teens aged 14-19) had a great 4 night stay at The Serras! The set up was perfect for 3 people in each room and the location was ideal for our first visit to Barcelona. We enjoyed the rooftop bar and one of my daughters even worked on her college essay for a few hours up there. It is a lovely spot to hang out and enjoy the afternoon/evening. The staff worked hard to make sure we had towels for the beach, water bottles, taxis and a fabulous dinner in their restaurant and lots of great spots for tapas! We will be back someday for sure!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Meadsqaud

Dear Meadsqaud,

It is truly a pleasure to have you describe us as a "Perfect Location + great service = happy family!" , that you found that our staff worked hard to ensure that you had absolutely everything you could need at your disposal but most of all that you will for sure be back to stay with us someday! Thank you very much! Our team works tirelessly to anticipate our guest´s needs and strives to make your stay unforgettable, so it makes us truly proud to read your great feedback. Thank you very much! I was delighted to personally take care of you throughout your stay with us.

Warm regards,