“Shame”

Neighbourhood: El Raval
Madrid, Spain
“Shame”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had previously eaten at, and loved, Semproniana. So I thought this place woudl be a chip off the old block. Unfortunately it was really poor, so I embarrassed myself in front of my wife and kids. We ordered the paella without peppers (I am allergic), it came with peppers, and it was awful. We ordered the hamburger without beer sauce for the kids, and they messed up that one as well. Overall a very poor experience. Sorry, we won't come back a third time to the franchise.

• Visited September 2012

Brasilia, DF
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Its food it's excellent, the only problem is their service... But the food is so good, that it's actually worth the wait and the patience you'll need with their service.

Visited July 2011
Ginevra
“Slow service...not slow food...and not clean...”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Maybe we have been unlucky, but last March 2012 we have been at Petra for the second time and we have left really disappointed for the drop of the quality and the service.
Ok, one alibi: it was Sunday, not many places open and allt he tables taken...but the service was really bad. It took us 20 minutes to get the menu (we new already about the menu on the bottle and it didn't impressed that much). Once ordered the meal, first plate came in after 30 minutes...and the scalivada was pretty bad.
The main course wasn't excellent, I had the rooster and it wan't completely cooked.
When we tried to save our memory of the place with the dessert, in the bottle menu there was....a beatle!! (I have a picture, if you want I can post it, no problem). We complained with the young and cold waitress...she went to the more senior one yho just washed the bottle and get back to me asking what I want for dessert...
Well, after 1.5 hours not having eaten anything (and after having run the local marathon) we decided to leave - clearly, no proposition and no discussion about a discount because of the "beatle situation"...
In 3 years, since the very first time there, the service and the quality have dramattically dropped there...it's a pity because the place has a charming terrace and is in one of the most alternative/cultural areas in BCN. The Menu doesn't offer anything really wow...even without the beatle...
A pity, I would reccomended 3 years ago...today nomore.

• Visited March 2012
Paris
“Horrible”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This restaurant has the rudest waiters, and this is coming from someone who splits her time in NYC and Paris. I know rude. Rude people are my people. But this was just unbearable.

The food was fine, but mediocre at best (freshness was debatable). I ordered the prix fixe lunch, which was supposed to include a drink and dessert, and after a 2 hour long leisurely European lunch, during which the waitress was scarce (and when we asked for more bread, she looked at me and then totally ignored me), we were mis-billed, charged for food we never got. We went to go talk to the man running the register inside, and after a few moments of confusion, he literally started going “MEEMEEMEEMEEMEE”—like mocking me! There was nothing about the experience that was pleasurable, except the MACDA Square is nice—just spend your lunch hour eating somewhere that is actually good and fun to spend your time.

• Visited April 2012
Paris, France
“Nice decoration but that's all”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Nice location and decoration but food was very basic. There were bad problems with english translations at the day's menu. We ordered "stuffed vegetables" and we got steamed vegetables. Then waiter proposed to have some cheese for dessert and it was half piece of cheese cake!!!! If you can understand some spanish, ask a spanish menu!!!!

• Visited February 2012