“do not waste your money”
Review of Venus Delicatessen

Venus Delicatessen
Ranked #1,888 of 10,475 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Description: With love
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is probably the worst meal I have ever had, the meal had the consistency of baby food and the flavour of cardboard. Would not recommend it.

1  Thank becks710

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is the first time I have written a negative review but I am compelled to. It is a relatively traditional cafe with lots of people in a small area. At first my wife and I were seated on stools around a barrel which given our age was not ideal. Then we were placed in a 4 seat table and placed our order. While having drinks we were moved again to a 2 seat table. We could accept that but then the food eventually came and it was to be kind, very average, we'll below that of comparable places nearby. The kicker was when I paid for it by debit card the waitress wandered around the cafe trying to get a signal before telling me it didn't go through. I then paid in cash and thought nothing more of it. Later upon checking my account I found the payment had gone through. Went back but no one could speak English..yes it is a lesson learned about making sure you keep receipts but overall we were still disappointed.

1  Thank Garry1957
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stumbled upon this lovely little restaurant whilst walking up and down the Barri Gotic and were glad we stopped by for a bite to eat. We ate Tapas - the pan catalana was gorgeous as were the alternative option to Bravas (potatoes with onion and tuna)!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The place looked nice and cozy so we were quite happy to get the last table there. The service was nice and friendly. We ordered paella for two. It took ages to arrive. We were quite disappointed when we got it as well. The portion was tiny for 2 and for 30 Euros. The taste was nice, but it had hardly any seafood in it. We had the paella, dessert and still left hungry. By the way we are female and not very big eaters, so not sure how 2 hungry guys would react to the size of the portion. Definitely not the good value for money. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant, but more suitable for drinks and maybe tapas but not for main meal.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Cosy little bistro offering nice food and welcome staff. Got quite busy when we went so slightly packed in but all in all very nice.

1  Thank sarah m