“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ana's Guest House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Ana's Guest House B&B
Ranked #18 of 325 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Peterborough, Canada
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Ana's B & B is ideally located in Barcelona and the building is within close walking distance to many shops, numerous restaurants and to all public transportation whether by bus or subway and indirectly to area train depot. Ana's guesthouse is a charming place to stay having rooms that are both very clean and are nicely decorated. Both the bedrooms and bathrooms are roomy and have been modernized. Ana and her daughter are both very gracious and the both make their quests feel right at home. Too, both are more than willing to assist their guests in any way possible by providing tourist information or offering local maps and or directions to local events and places of interest. The breakfast provided was tastefully presented and more than ample for most people's needs with a good selection of pastries, fresh fruits and juices, etc.

Room Tip: Choose a bedroom having a private bathroom.
1 Thank Laverne K Riley R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in a single room. The room was very tiny but I did not mind. I had a shared bathroom (but other rooms have a private bathroom). The bathroom was spotless as was my room. I enjoyed the breakfast which I felt was very generous. Ana and Natalie are amazing hosts. I should also mention that you can keep a few things in the refrigerator and use the kitchen. The B&B is a few minutes walk from La Sagrada Familia and across the street from the metro. The only downside was that the hosts request that showers only be taken from 8am until 11pm in the shared bathroom. This is a little inconvenient if you want to shower before a long transatlantic flight that leaves in the morning. I hate to complain because I really enjoyed my stay and since it was so short I plan to return to Barcelona at some point and would stay in this B&B again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank inspired21
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in this B&B. I had a very small single room but the size didn't bother me, as it still had a small desk, a small wardrobe with shelves for hanging/putting clothes, and a bedside table. The downside is that it faces onto the inner courtyard of the building (so no daylight) but I found that was pretty common in Barcelona. Ana and Natalie were very kind and helpful. There is 1 bathroom to be shared between a few rooms (some other rooms have private bathroom). The bathroom was very clean and absolutely huge with two sinks and two showers. A couple staying together could both use it at the same time to save time. The only thing you should note is that there is a note saying you can only shower before 11pm and after 8am (to not disturb guests) - for most people who are on vacation and not in a rush that wouldn't be a problem, but if you are an early riser who likes to get up and going early and don't get in before 11pm to shower at night, it's something to keep in mind. The B&B has a lovely breakfast room with beautiful, colorful windows and a gorgeous garden to look out on outside, as well as a pretty balcony area with a couple little tables. Breakfast is a nice spread with a good variety of options.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are nicest, but not sure if they are noisy. When you book you'll nee...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank amybalto
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

There are not enough superlatives I could write to describe Ana's Guest House. We disembarked in Barcelona from a 3-week cruise where we had been pampered with all the food, comfort & entertainment in the ship, so we thought we'll give up a lot by staying in a B&B. Alas! Ana & her daughter Natalie gave us a pleasant surprise! We stayed in Room #3 for a week and everything was just perfect. We had an ensuite bathroom and a small sun room with a bay window facing Avinguda Diagonal. The whole place is always clean & tidy, beautifully decorated, bright & airy, conveying a feeling of warmth & peace. The beds were made everyday and fresh towels were supplied daily as well. There are little nooks & corners in the house for reading & relaxing. There is also a terrace with tables & chairs where we can have tea or sit for fresh air & sun. Every morning, there is a buffet breakfast with cereals, fresh fruits, croissants, ensaimadas, muffins, rolls, cheese, butter & jams, sliced hams & chorizos, fresh juice, coffee & tea. You get enough food to energize for the day.

Ana's Guest House is ideally located on Avinguda Diagonal which is the longest street that runs across the city. Right in front is the bus stop and a few steps away is the Metro or subway. We hardly ever needed to commute. It only took 15 minutes leisure walk to Sagrada Familia and 10 minutes walk to La Pedrera or Casa Mila. The location is in the Eixample district which has all kinds of shops, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, pastry shops & other conveniences. We walked to Passeig de Gracia where designer shops and all kinds of shops line both sides of the street. Passeig de Gracia ends in Plaza Catalunya where the ever exciting Las Ramblas starts. We also just walked to Barcelona Cathedral, Palau Musica, and around the Bari Gotic.

More than its ideal location or the beautiful & comfortable house, what truly satisfied me was the
warmth & hospitality given by Ana & Natalie. The mother & daughter team assist you with your tours to make your holiday enjoyable and they go out of their way to please you. When I got sick, Natalie was there to offer help & comfort. When the time for our departure came, saying goodbye seemed hard. I felt so at home in Ana's Guest House and I will surely stay there again if I ever go back to Barcelona. I will gladly recommend it to my family & friends.

Room Tip: Room #3 faces Avinguda Diagonal which is always a busy street. If you are sensitive to noise, get a...
5 Thank Marinitska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Terrific location. Ana & daughter Natalie were delightful. Very clean with charming sitting area & pleasant dining room. Our highest recommendation to those who like small, warm accommodations.

Stayed April 2012
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We have just returned from 4 wonderful nights in Barcelona and were delighted to have stayed at Ana's Guesthouse. Both Ana and Natalie were wonderful hosts and nothing was ever too much trouble for them (Natalie even accompanied my partner to the pharmacy to get some medicine for me when I became unwell). The apartment is beautiful and superbly located not only for the metro (which is right across the street) but also for all the main sights of Barcelona - Sagrada Familia is just down the road! Travelling from the airport was also so easy and cost 10 euros for both of us to get to Ana's (4 stops on the train and then 3 on the metro). Ana's is located on the opposite road from the metro entrance, so it couldn't have been simpler.

We had room 4 which is a very spacious room with a balcony overlooking Diagonal Avenue which is a very busy road, although it didn't trouble us too much at all. There is a shared bathroom which is just across the hallway and is enormous, so again, it didn't trouble us at all that the room didn't have a private bath.

Ana and Natalie have done a fantastic job in making their home feel like your home and they provide a superb breakfast in the mornings with a fantastic selection of cereals, yoghuts, bread, croissants, cake, cold meats, cheese etc etc etc !!!

We wouldn't hesitate to return to Ana's - we loved it and would definitely recommend it to others. Thank you Ana and Natalie and we hope to see you again soon !

Elaine & Nigel

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Elaine L
San Marcos, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Barcelona. My husband and I traveled around europe and stayed at Ana's in March of 2012. The best way to describe it is to say it felt like we were staying with a family member. The environment Ana and her daughter create is so warm and welcoming. Upon arrival, Ana gave us a map and basically mapped out an itinerary for our stay with recommendations for restaurants and sights to see. Her advice was priceless and really helped us make the most out of our visit. Overall the comfort and experience of staying at Ana's just enhanced our stay and put us in a great mood everyday--we LOVED Barcelona.
The location is awesome. It's halfway between La Sagrada Family and Las Ramblas/El Gotic. We often walked but when we were tired we hoped on the subway for a stop or two.
We stayed in room 1. It was a quaint room and we felt comfortable and at home. It did not feel like a hotel, at all...and I mean this as a compliment. Sometimes we could hear water running at night probably due to older plumbing, but honestly it's almost a soothing spa like sound. The room and entire B&B was very clean and organized. The bed was comfortable and we slept great. Our bed was made in the mornings and fresh towels were delivered.
I wouldn't hesitate recommending Ana's B&B to anyone visiting Barcelona.

Room Tip: When I looked on the website Room 1 said 'tub only' but it does have a shower in the tub...n...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple