“Excellent location and a very good stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Ana's Guest House B&B
Ranked #41 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed here now a couple of times and it's indeed a home away from home. from Catalunya it's a few stops on the subway, located on the Diagonal. This time we stayed in the twin room for two nights. The beds are small but comfy and the wifi is great. The shared bathroom is not a problem, it's always kept very clean. The breakfast is nice, even fresh fruit and some cake. Ana is doing her utmost best and it shows. This is to me the best value for money in Barcelona. Will be back again next year in May.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I did a lot of research of B&B's and Ana's was my first choice. She's centrally located, away from the tourist areas, across the street from a Metro stop and 2 blocks from the upscale Passeig de Gracia. I stayed in Room 1 with my own bathroom. The room had its own air conditioner and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The breakfast area was nice with numerous tables and there was a lovely balcony area that I didn't have time to enjoy.

Ana is so kind and welcoming. She waited for my arrival and gave me a map of the city with recommendations on how to get to my various destinations. She taught me how to use the Metro which was super easy and my main form of transportation during my visit. As a solo traveler, Ana made sure I was well taken care of and even reassured my family when they called to check on me. She even set up coffee and breakfast for me when I had to leave at 5:30am for my flight home.

As for the area, it was a great location. I walked to the Barri Gothic in 45 minutes and often wondered around Passeig de Gracia at 11pm. It's also 3 blocks from Gaudi's house, La Pedrera. The location was very safe and accessible. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gail C
Reviewed 31 July 2013

perfect place for new-comers to Barcelona, it is very easy to find, nearby metro and bus stop, not far from main must-see places (Sagrada Familia some 5 minutes of walk, upper parts of the Monastry are even seen from the Terrace).

as for the accommodation, the rooms were clean and nice.

Service - simply the best as for friendliness, openness and preparedness to assist.

1  Thank Lilit V
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights last June for a summer school/conference. Ana was very welcoming - made me feel at home straightaway. My room was the smallest one with a single bed but the it had ample spaces for storage. Bed was comfy. Very clean and fresh smelling. Good wi-fi connection.

Breakfast consisted of a nice mix of bread, cereal, fresh fruit, juice etc. Ana went the extra mile by preparing breakfast an hour early throughout my stay there as my class started at 8 daily even though I was happy with just having cereal.

She also gave me a map of the city and showed me the attractions nearby and local shops - as I always ended up making dinner. You can use the fridge to store your food. There's constant supply of tea/coffee all day long.

The dining area/sitting area was cosy with lots of personal touch. There were plenty of travel books - so don't bother bringing one cos I just used those from the shelf.

The only downside was I could hear people in the next building chatting till 1-2 am and the sounds of toilet flushing in the wee hours. But then I'm a light sleeper plus nothing that earplugs could not fix. (And I was always out from 8 till 9 most of the time)

Overall, I would recommend this B&B as it offers good value for money with a warm and homely environment and most tourist attraction places are within walking distance. Infact - I walked to most of them even Parc Guelle, the beach etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lenny L
Reviewed 15 July 2013

When I arrived Ana told me to feel like home and I certainly did. Another translation of the word service could be the word "Ana", meaning the host of this B&B is service personified. She wants you to enjoy your stay, both in Barcelona and in her B&B. Ana is a wonderful combination of a business woman, a mom and a friend.

This B&B is small, cozy, personal and the apartment is very charming in old style. It's clean and fresh and quiet. Wifi is included and works well. Beds are comfortable. I shared a bathroom with one guest but that was no problem at all. It was very clean and never busy when I wanted to use it.

Across the street you have a Metro station with access to 2 lines and just one station away from the station Diagonal where you have access to 2 more lines, so within 1 station you have access to 4 Metro lines. It is located in a nice area not too far away from La Sagrada Familia.

Breakfast was very good with a nice selection of fresh fruit, bread, pastries, yoghurt, juice and much more. Having my breakfast at the balcony with the view over the beautiful and charming inner garden was a great start of the day.

Last but not least it is worth the price which changes over the season.

I warmly recommend it!

To get a maximum rating it would need air condition. Since I visited in the summer and it was over 30 degrees hot it was a bit warm.

3  Thank 294mariav294
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in May. Our room was large with a sitting area at the front of the building. The furnishing were very attractive, and there was a breakfast room with a sitting area where we had a continental breakfast every morning.

Ana was so helpful to me, as my luggage had not arrived in Barcelona with us. She called the airline. When she might not have understood exactly what I was talking about, she had her daughter come up to help us out. Ana comes in and out all day, so you may not see anyone when you pop on back to relax.

Subway transportation was very close if coming from the airport, and quick to get into the old part of Barcelona. It was also a few minutes walk to Passeig de Gracia.

Thanks Ana!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoanMarietta_GA
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Looking for a good place to stay in Barcelona look no further. I have just spent 3 nights at Ana's Guesthouse and it was perfect. Within walking distance of the metro and many of the top attractions of the city I couldn't have asked for more. Ana and her husband are very hospitable, room very clean and all services provided for a really enjoyable stay. Would highly recommend :-)

1  Thank susiew31