“Perfect Bed & Breakfast!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Ana's Guest House B&B
Ranked #37 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2009

Just back from Barcelona last week. Stayed for 4 days/3 nights at Ana's. Natalie, her daughter, was there to greet us (but I did meet Ana on my last day) and she was lovely, very helpful, sweet. I am a fan of B&B's in general and would say that this one - for value, cleanliness, location, and owners - by far beats any that I have stayed in across the world and in the US. I originally reserved the twin room, but when I arrived was switched to a room with two twin beds, which was fine. It was nearest the kitchen and just down the hall from the huge, clean shared bathroom. The B&B was full with guests, but surprisingly quiet and comfortable. Never had to wait for the shower and even with hardwood floors throughout, never felt that my sleep was disturbed. AND, my bed was made every morning and fresh towels (certainly did not expect room service at a B&B!). All in all, great stay, lovely home. Would definitely return on my next trip to BCN..!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank stellastarNY
There are newer reviews for Ana's Guest House B&B

Reviewed 28 March 2009

This is a hard review to write because the bedrooms were awkward and everything else was great. Natalie, Ana's daughter, was in charge (Ana was on vacation) while we were there. Natalie was there to greet us when we arrived. She was so helpful and spent a lot of time with me and gave me some great Barcelona tips. The flat is across the street from a Metro stop and although it is close to the Gaudi sights, it is a metro stop and a walk to almost everything else. The real hub of town is Plaza Cataluna. Barcelona is a confusing town so it took a while to figure out the lay of the land. The flat is a lovely old building that is well maintained and clean as a whistle. The shared bathroom is huge and very nice. We ended up staying in two rooms. The room that was assigned to us was a tiny, interior room with twin beds. We rejected that room because the only window was to an interior air shaft that didn't have a good smell. Natalie very nicely shifted us to a lovely spacious room with a full size bed that was on the street side. I am not noise sensitive but this room was way too noisy for me. It sounded like the motorcycles were coming into the bedroom. It could have just been me because the other couple on the street side didn't have an issue with it. In the morning, my daughter and I decided that we just couldn't sleep together, so we shifted back to the tiny interior and it worked out just fine. The odor was gone and Natalie brought us a fabulous fan that took care of us quite nicely and it was as quiet as could be. There is an interior room with a private bathroom and an interior single that I did not see. My suggestion is to YES stay here but be sure to clarify which room you are getting. Also, no internet and no access to a telephone.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2009

My husband and I stayed at Ana's Guest House Jan 2nd - 4th 2009 and were extremely happy with the accomodations and the service! I was reading the reviews for B&B's in Barcelona and they were very good for Ana's. They were right on! Ana is extremely helpful and kind. You can use her kitchen for other meals, ( the breakfast : granola, coffee, tea, yogurt, fruit, bread, juice is included with the room).
The rooms are very clean and suprisingly large for Barcelona. I requested our own bathroom, otherwise you share.
The location is perfect for day trips around on the metro or even if you are taking a train to another city for the day. Grocery stores nearby for anything you may need. Sagrada Familia, Gaudi House, all within walking distance.
I can't say enough great things about this place. Great value!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2008

I am horribly late in getting this review written, but I wanted to get this done because Natalie & Ana have such a nice, warm, friendly place in beautiful Barcelona.

2 adults and 2 kids in our group. We spent 3 nights here and loved it. The location is great if you are looking to have a quiet stay , yet well within walking distance of many of the city's attractions. It isn't so good if you are looking to party in Ramblas until 6AM, so if that's how you roll, I suggest going elsewhere...it will keep Ana's nicer for the crowd that remains.

I still owe Natalie several pictures taken with her before we left, but the camera is broken and I just need to get it fixed. Knowing my skills of procrastination, that may be a while.

Don't let that stop you. Ana's is located in a well-preserved, late-19th/early20th century Barcelona building with a working period elevator in its atrium. They've converted a nice apartment into several rooms (with locks) together with a communal breakfast/living room, a kitchen and a nice shared bathroom, to make this guesthouse. Ana and Natalie make it special. They are very helpful to those with no clue about how to get around the city (that was us) and both of them have this wonderful sense of calm that is so nice to see at the end of a day of bus rides and pavement stomping.

The feeling is more like "family" than "hotel." That brings flexibility and relaxation to someone like me. If you really want what a hotel brings, that's where you should stay.

Know that in Barcelona, there are Catalan and Spanish spellings for the same roads, so your cab driver may take you to Ana's, and the street sign may not exactly match your tourist map. They are about 8 blocks west of Sagrada Familia, as I recall.

Patience, Natalie...the photos will come!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2008

Our group of four stayed at Ana's in October, and couldn't have been happier. Ana herself is helpful and wonderful, and gave excellent advice about things to do in Barcelona. The B&B is clean and extremely comfortable. It also feels private; the rooms are spread along a long hallway, giving you space. The property is extremely convenient-- walkable to Sagrada Famila, and across the street from a subway station. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends