“could be better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ciutat Vella

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Ciutat Vella
Ranked #181 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
“could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

The fact is, place is pretty good and good located, because it is situated next to Ramblas. Room was clean and nice, cleaning service was very good, but service in the reception and during breakfast was not enough polite. Breakfast was not varied at all and poor, we had to wait long time if something had finished.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

spent 3 great days in this hotel,rooms were large and spacious ,spotlessly clean ,free tea,coffee,and bottled water all day ,staff very friendly and helpful wil stay here again on my next visit to barca

Room Tip: request front facing rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bohsman2011
Castellon de la Plana, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed one night with a group of my American high school students.
- so close to Ramblas, but quiet and felt safe coming back at night
- minimal room furnishings
- great breakfast
- free wifi in room
- free water bottles!!!
- super nice staff
- kept all our bags (11 people on 10 day excurison) for a whole day in the consigna so we could explore after checking out. I know that should be a given, but it isnt always, esp in a smaller hotel with a larger group. they offered us more water bottles and coffee/tea before the next leg of our trip when we got back to grab out stuff and head out.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lkells2016
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I would recommend this hotel if you are staying just a few nights and you are planning to stay most of your time outside your hotel. The room was small, but very clean and modern. There was no windows outside - instead there was an "inside" window to the entry hall. I found this a little strange, but there were large curtains and therefore privacy too.

I you want to enjoy a luxury weekend with your friend or your loved one, I don't recommend you choose this hotel, but when travelling alone or with your friend and you have a low budget, this hotel provides very good value for your money: The room is clean and tidy and they serve bottled water for free in the lobby 24/7 and coffee as well. I was also positively surprised how good the breakfast was thought this is a rather small hotel.

Room Tip: If you can make a wish, you shoud prefer higher floors!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Mikaela M
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

My second time here. First time we had a room to the front of the building and the noise, even high up, could disturb a light sleeper. Having read other reviews it seems 'internal' rooms leave a little to be desired. Any where at the back is great as there is no noise and at my stay 2 weeks ago it was perfect. The hotel lies between Plaza Universidad, Plaça de Catalunya, and La Rambla and is only a minutes walk from all. Free water, coffee and tea is a big bonus. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and with multi channel TV, safe and adequate storage the hotel is ideal for a city break. We paid €58 per night for a double room....great value.

Room Tip: At the Back
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

Possibly the worst experience of my life. Internal room with no ventilation making it difficult to breathe and no way to cool down the room without opening the front door. The extractor fan in the bathroom would keep coming on in the middle of the night in an attempt to cool the room down. Staff not interested to help and it was quite obvious they had had this complaint before. Even the cleaning ladies knew there was a problem with the room. Finally, on our last day the head of reception could see it was making us quite ill and transferred us to the sister hotel to a bigger room with windows and a ventilation system. Never again would I book this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank LucyT1979
Erevan, Yerevan, Armenia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

I was traveling with my friend and we were not complaining from the hotel despite the fact that
1. our room was overlooking the inside of the hotel, and as we found out these rooms do not have ventilation system at all!!!! therefore in November month it was soooo hot in our room.......
2. the reception area and the breakfast room is in the same area!!!! even if it is 3* hotel, these 2 areas should be different!!!!! at least from the point of ethic.....

But we were trying to ignore these facts and enjoy our stay in Barcelona...

During the last night happened what happened!!!!! In the dark of the room I heard some noise, first I thought that somebody is trying to open the door of the room.... I switch on the light and the noise stopped. So I decided to switch off the light and sleep..... after a minute I heard sound like 'BZZZZ' near my ear and when I look on my pillow......... I saw a rather big black insect...
this was a real shock for me! and when I run out of my room at 4am and went to reception, explained all this to the receptionist I felt that I am not the first person staying in this hotel who meet an insect in the bed!!! the receptionist was very quiet and offered me a new room for the night... thanks god that this was my last night in this hotel.....

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends