“Wonderful, food highlight of 2 week visit”
Review of La Reina - CLOSED

La Reina
Price range: US$37 - US$146
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband & I stayed in Barcelona for 2 weeks in August-September last year & ate in this establishment several times. We stumbled across this restaurant accidentally & are so glad we did. The food was AMAZING!! The service was wonderful & the restaurant itself has a great ambiance.
Menu is unassuming, I had the steak a couple of times, beautiful. Cant recommend it enough - GO!!!

2  Thank 20,407

Reviewed 14 July 2011

I was invited by a friend, and we both enjoyed the meal immensely. The food was delightful, and its presentation beautiful. The staff were attentive and the decor and atmosphere were calm and inviting. The place was sophisticated without being pretentious - I liked the pile of CD beside the music system behind the bar - and the coffee machine there too. The price was very reasonable.

1  Thank jimenvais
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We had a hard time finding this place, following a reccommendation by our lonely planet guide.

This is a very small restaurant, a bit too dark for my taste. I didn't like the plastic flowers on the tables one bit, I can tell you that for sure...

Food choices were somehow limited.

Service was excellent, but the taste of the very well presented dish, did not match our expectations.

I would suggest another restaurant in the area, or even better in the Aribau Street area.

Reviewed 21 February 2010

I went there with a group of 8 on a Thursday, the restaurant was empty except for a table for 2. We sat at 9.30 and got our meal at 11.30 (we all ordered only one course, skipping appetizers). Service was appalling to say the least: 2 of us ordered seabass and we were warned it would take 20 minutes to cook. Well, exactly one hour after ordering the waiter came to the table to show the fish they were about t cook. The waiting staff was inattentive, we had to call for serviceagain and again. The food wasn't certainly out of this world, it was ok and certainly too expensive for what it was. A very upsetting experience, don't go is my recommendation.

Reviewed 21 October 2009

it's not that easy to find a place with such a good energy.. great food, kind and beautiful people taking care of you in a relaxed and romantic frame: when I was there I had a perfect dinner and i truly recomend to taste what "La reina" will advice you when, after a walk in that beautiful neighboorhood you will let her take care of ur stomach and ur soul..