“Great Salad Bar”

Price range: US$23 - US$45
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: L'Antiga Esquerra de l'Eixample
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

My partner is a vegetarian and he loved it. I am not a vegetarian and I did not. I would go back for the salad bar which was incredible but the rest of the food was ok but not anything I want to eat again.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Nice owner, but food is inedible.
We tried hard to find something that would redeem the food but couldn't.
We've been to veggie restaurants around the world, and none quite like this.
Strange that Lonely Planet gave it such a good write up.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

We were here for dinner a thursday evening. There was only a few people in the restaurant. The waiter was friendly. They have a good price for three courses. The food was ok, but nothing special. Good service.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 10 September 2016

I had the weekend "medio menu" (half fixed-price menu), which was one dish plus a drink and a dessert for 11.50€. The dish I chose was the curry, with tofu, seitan, amazing rice, perfectly cooked carrots and mushrooms and broccoli... very fresh and tasty. They give you a nice Papadum and bread (I'm sure homemade) with it too. The dessert was small but interesting (carrot chocolate cake). Drink choices are only water or juice. The decor is really lovely and there's a welcoming atmosphere. Service was excellent. It got a little noisy in there, but that's my only quibble. I loved it and will definitely go back!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We reserved a table at Amaltea on line through Barcelona Bookings (very much recommended) - search for the restaurant and ask to reserve a table and you will automatically be directed to the sight. You will receive an email confirmation.

The restaurant was about 2 miles from our hotel. A pleasant walk along well maintained, safe streets. There is a fixed price for a set menu and the menu has good choices. The food was very tasty, good portions and the costs of the drinks very reasonable (a water was provided with the meal). We ordered a lemon and a mint tea as an extra and the cost was €1.40 for one and €1,50 for the other. The overall cost for a 3 course meal (starter, main course and sweet with a bottle of water included) was €15 per person. There is a 10 percent reduction for booking online.

Not open every night; when we were there it was closed on the Sunday. So check before you go.

Excellent value, great meal and definitely on our list of preferred restaurants when we are next in Barcelona.

Date of visit: August 2016