“I love Barcelona :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Padilla Guest House
Ranked #161 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2012

"I stayed at Padilla's Guest House for over a week and i am sure this will be the place where i will go back everythime when i am in Barcelona. The rooms are simple and basic and yet very cozy and the most importantly very clean, free wifi internet access and the location is just wonderful, steps away from the Sagrada Familia and beautiful Sant Pau Hospital, the most beautiful hospital I have ever seen which apparently very soon will become the museum of Modernismo. Eventhough those spots are quite touristic, you are surrounded by everydays local activity of the city, nice restaurants and quaint little streets, especially Gaudí Passage. It also has very easy transportantion access to any place in the city."

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LondonMarinera

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Padilla Guesthouse is an amazing place to stay in Barcelona! It's very clean, modern looking, it's very well located and most of all the owners are awesome!!!! They're always available to help, answer your questions and tell you what to do in the city.
Our luggage was lost somewhere in the world and they did everything to find it and deliver it to our room, waw!!
Breakfast is included and nothing is ever missing. Their's lots to choose from and it's great!!
I recommend this place to absolutely everyone (young, old, couples, friends, solo... all).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gizlenard
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had a very pleasant 3-night stay at Padilla Guesthouse in late March 2012 and would recommend it to the independent budget traveler (solo, couple, family, group) who doesn’t need a lot of pampering. It’s located in a quiet, safe neighborhood near Sagrada Familia and has easy, quick access by metro and bus to the central area of the city. As some of the other reviewers have noted, a host does not live on the premises, so just make sure you’re comfortable with that. They are reachable by cell/email if needed, however.

ARRIVAL/ORIENTATION: Kiku (owner) was very accommodating in working with my early arrival time – meeting me at the GH a few hours before the normal 2:00 check-in. As my room was getting prepared, he provided a nice little summary of the city’s layout (it was my first time in Barcelona) and made some great food recommendations, as well as things to see based on my very short 4-day stay. Meri, who works with Kiku, was also wonderful in helping me get settled in and kicking off my vacation in the right direction.

I stayed in Casa Vicens, which is a basic single room at the end of the main hallway. While small, it should provide the simple traveler everything he/she needs: a clean single bed, set of towels, wardrobe, small desk, shelf, and small nightstand with lamp. The room also has a window facing a courtyard. The only thing that might help is an A/C unit for the hot summer months. I stayed during high 60s/70F weather, so opening the window to cool the room in the late afternoon worked just fine for me.

The self-serve breakfast has plenty of choices (breads, fruit, cereal, juices, etc.), but there is also cookware in case you want to bring in groceries and cook more elaborate meals throughout the day. Storage areas/bins in the kitchen and refrigerator are labeled by room.

The GH is kept very clean each day. Usually when I stay at budget accommodations, I wonder about the cleanliness of the beds and bathroom, but Casa Padilla put my worries away. I think the guests who also happened to be staying at that time were also very respectful in cleaning/picking up after themselves. There is also a much smaller bathroom, but I never had to use it.

HIGHLIGHTS: One of the most memorable nights during my 2-week journey throughout Spain was meeting up with Kiku and Meri at a local bar to watch a Barca/AC Milan match over some beers and snacks, then having a couple of drinks at another fun bar nearby. As a solo traveler it was great to get to know my lovely hosts better; they really went the extra mile to see that I had a positive and lasting memory of Barcelona. And feeling the passion of the Barca fans was just a bonus.

Additionally, Kiku invited me over to Barcelona B&B (where he lives and hosts) the next morning for breakfast. If you want a true B&B experience, I would highly recommend Barcelona B&B (ranked #1 on TripAdvisor). It is a lovely place with an excellent breakfast spread, location and price. The next time I visit Barcelona, I’ll be sure to book ahead early enough to stay there.

LOGISTICS/GETTING THERE BY BUS (1 of 3 options Kiku provided): From the airport, I took the Aerobus to Plaza Catalunya. It drops you off right next to the TI, so if you're in need of info and maps, it'd be a good place to stop before heading to the GH. Then I took bus #47, which is about a half block up from where the Aerobus drops you off. The bus I rode announced each stop, and the one you want to get off on is Avenida Gaudi. Once off, walk back just a few feet from the direction you came, and you’ll be at the intersection of Industria and Calle Padilla. Take a left on Calle Padilla, and the GH will be just a few steps down on the left side of the street.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stacie K
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our room was a bit small, we were in a double room (Pedrera), me and my friend. I would recommand the Sagrada Familia room (where we stayed the last night). During my vacation I wanted to change rooms because of circumstances and they arranged it really easily in The Glory's Façade Guest House (Dali room), so we could sleep seperately, and they were really friendly.
The price is cheap, you get towels and a nice breakfast, ready to take any moment you like. A nice stay, not in the commercial center (a bit further from Ramba etc), but easily reachable with metro, with very friendly hosts. Acces to Wifi.

Room Tip: I only know something about the double rooms, choose the Sagrada Familia room or the Park Guell room...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Uschi P
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We (group of friends-- 4 adults and 3 small children) stayed here using the Pedrera, Parc Guell, and Sagrada Familia Rooms for several nights. For a group with children, we found the set-up very convenient. The metro (we mostly used the Sagrada Familia stop) was a short walk away and the church itself was quite close, making for nice views when walking. The area between that metro stop and the guest house felt safe at night (and features little cafes, gelato shops, etc). The apartment building overall (guest house is on the ground floor) was very quiet.

The guest house is an apartment with 5 bedrooms and a kitchen. The kitchen and fridge were useful and we supplemented the very basic breakfast items provided with some fresher things like fruit. There are two (common) bathrooms, both with showers, one considerably nicer than the other. The Sagrada Familia room was LARGE and a great room for our friends' kids and all their luggage. The Pedrera room was small (bed takes up most of it) but perfectly fine and very quiet. (The SF and PG rooms face the road, but Pedrera faces a courtyard.)

Basically, we felt like the shared areas were just OK, a little dorm-like and could have been cleaner. On our final day there was some confusion about what time we had agreed to be out of our room. However, for a group and for the price we paid, the arrangement worked well. I went back and forth between 3 and 4 stars for this review but ultimately went with 4 because the value was so good, for a good night's sleep in Barcelona.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RoamingReader
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I think no one will not like Barcelona. I love it mostly because of Gaudi, like most other people, and the generous, warm and friendly Spanish people.
Padilla is an apartment in central area, close to the distinguished chuch of Gaudi, only 5 mins walk. It had 5 rooms and 2 bathrooms, one big dining room with kitchen, felt like home. There were bread, snacks, coffee machine, etc in the kitchen that you could take for breakfast, and if you want to practise by yourself, the kitchen is your turf.
Anna, the owner, was very helpful and friendly, I would definitely stay there again if I visit Barcelona, very soon I think!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I spent a long weekend in Barcelona at Padilla´s GH and I´m quite pleased.
The location is great, very quiet, quite central and easy to get to all the places in the city.
The place is very comfortable and very clean. Our room, the Park Guell room, is very bright, spacious and nicely decorated.
Although I didn´t really use the kitchen other than to have breakfast, it is vey nice, modern and clean.
My welcome to the place by the friendly host was of great help, appreciated all the advise about Barcelona.
All in all a very pleasant stay, I feel I got my money´s worth :) "

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family