“A great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Padilla Guest House
Ranked #161 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We spent 3 nights at Padilla guest house - Park Guell double room, spacious and with airconditional, share bigger bathroom equiped with bath tub as well as hair dryer. Wifi is available. Self service breakfast is ready at the kitchen, such as milk, coffee, eggs, bread, cereals, fruit juices, etc. We could also store our foods in the fridge. It's a great location with accessible to metro within walking distance, carrefour express for grocery shoppings, lots of good eating houses at reasonanle price nearby the neighbourhood. What's more, Sagrada Familia is close to our guest house!
Thanks to Mari, who gave us a warm welcome on our arrival to the guest house!
We had a great time in Barcelona :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

In a few words.... Excellent location and clean. Arrived late, somebody waited for us, Other than that.....in 4 days towels never were changed, bed sheets never changed, could not connect to Internet, the small bathroom shower plugs up and you'll end up showering in ankle deep water.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend and it was the perfect accommodation, clean, secure and a nice location. The Wi-Fi was a bonus. I was travelling alone but can imagine the place would be good for a group as well. The location is very close to metro stations with good links to the rest of the city and the sagrada familia is just round the block. Everything about this place just made my stay easy, secure rooms, clean toilets & showers, self catering kitchen, friendly and helpful staff when I picked up the key and some good nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed in Batllo for four nights and its small size that goes with its cheap rate was perfect for someone traveling alone. There are two bathrooms shared by the guests. I had the whole place to myself for two nights, but there was no problem even when other guests came. Batllo is clean, modern and efficient. My first night in Barcelona, I was pleasantly surprised the B&B is only a walking distance from La Sagrada Familia, the object of my trip, and that there are many restaurants with different price ranges around the area. Kiku and Meri are friendly and helpful hosts.

However, a word of caution about walking in out of the way sections. I was exploring a quiet residential area when a man asked if I could take his photo. I said yes and suddenly a man who claimed he was a cop approached us, flashed his ID, and asked me if I was buying drugs from #1 man. #2 man asked for #1 man's wallet and sniffed at the bills, then asked for mine. He did the same, and when he saw some receipts, he asked what they were for. I pulled them out to show him, then he returned my wallet. He said there have been many cases of drug dealing. While #2 man was "interrogating" me, #1 man walked away. Then #2 man fled to his car and drove away. When I inspected my wallet, I noticed that a big Euro bill I was saving for shopping was gone. I suspect they were working as a team and preyed on an unsuspecting outsider walking alone. Everything happened so fast. My suggestions: avoid walking around by yourself, say no if someone asks you to take his/her photo, carry large bills separately from your smaller bills. Nevertheless, Barcelona is safe and a beautiful place to visit. If you are not a Gaudi fan before, you will be after you see his works all over the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jess E
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The location is excellent, I absolutely loved it since I love walking and this place is really close to a lot of great places of this amazing city.
The descriptions on their site are true, but the rooms don't seem this clean (I had the single one near the bigger bathroom), though they are quite decent keeping the price in mind. Mary, who checked me in, was very friendly and helpful. I didn't have a Spanish phone number, so we communicated via emails and she always answered me asap.
The place, however, is not for a very choosy traveller. The rooms have only some basic things. The breakfast is simple, but there is always some pastry, milk, tea, coffee, etc. Also, in the bathroom there were all the necessary things (shampoo, shower gel, hairdryer, etc).
The wifi connection was good, I had no problems skyping.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yulia_Miller
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights in October. I had the Batllo (single) room which is right off the kitchen. I did not hear any one making breakfast or any noise at all. The bed is very comfortable to sleep in. The kitchen good size to it you can cook and talk with someone and not hit them either while moving around. The WIFI not a problem at all. The biggest bonus was a map of the city on the wall and map of the metro next to it. Meri, Kiku, and John great people more than willing to help out. GREAT EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I staid there for two nights.
nice location, very close to the sagrada familia but 75 euro/night for a quite small room and a shared bathroom seems to me a little too much
having said that both Meri and Kiku were very kind and helpful.
next time I'll try to stay in Kiku main B&B