“Perfect for young adults!”
Review of HelloBCN Hostel

HelloBCN Hostel
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This was the first hostel I had ever stayed in and it set my expectations very high. We were there for 4 nights so we booked a 4 bedroom (all female) dorm. The lockers were very spacious in each room - although the rooms themselves were not that large. The shower stall door were that warped glass effect so you could still see into them. The beds were comfortable enough and everything was pretty clean. The staff was awesome! We did the day trip to the beach, led by one of the hostel workers, and we went to the clubs every night. A plus about this hostel is that one of the staff will go with you to the clubs (on the bus etc) and you dont have to wait in line to get it. You are on your own to get back but at least you dont have to worry about how to get there and you are with a group of people staying at the same place. You get bracelet/wristbands for your keys to the hostel. They look like watches but they are super helpful because you can't lose it. It's a great location because it's located two blocks from the underground on a very well-lit street. You do have to pass a sketchy casino but there are security guards. The kitchen is pretty much always open, we cooked in there a couple times. There is a "bar" in the lobby that serve sangria and beer. Pretty decent prices for both. Overall, the security/safety was good, cleanliness good, staff excellent, location good, atmosphere excellent. I would recommend this hostel to ANY person traveling to barcelona on a budget who is looking for fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geographylover_12

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Though I do live in Barcelona, I once in a while spend weekends in this hostel just for the atmosphere. The hostel is clean, the staff I got to know in the mean time, rooms are secured and there is a locker for every traveler. Breakfast is included, but quite basic. There is free internet, although the wifi signal is getting worser with every floor up. My favorite room is on the first floor with connected toilet facility. It can be noisy when people are smoking on the street just below the window.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed at HelloBCN when I visited Barcelona two weeks ago, August 2012. I had an amazing stay at HelloBCN and will definitely go back again for my next trip back to Barcelona! This hostel is filled with friendly staff and travellers. I was travelling with my cousin (two girls) and we both loved HelloBCN. We felt safe, and the twin room that we stayed in was super CLEAN and quiet. And on top of that.. really good air conditioning :)The location is really close to metro and the beach so this hostel is the perfect place to stay!

I really want to compliment the hostel staffs that are working there at the moment. They are really helpful, which made our stay at Barcelona really enjoyable. They spoke fluent english and they gave us really helpful travel tips!I think the hostel arranges trips to nightclubs everynight.. so if you like to party, this hostel will bring you to the best clubs in the city.

The only negative thing is that they only have 6-8 twin rooms which is really hard to reserve for... and the pricing is a bit pricy compared to other hostels. But you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Enjoy your stay at HelloBCN. This hostel is wonderful.

Room Tip: Book your room a month in advance if you need a twin room. They only have a few.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Last stop on our europe travels and by far the best. Security was tip top you were given a fob to enter the hostel, then your room and it was also for your personal locker which was super secure. Everywhere was super clean, even though the kitchen was a little smelly but still not bad! Breakfast was free in the morning which was a perk! The hostel organised events every single night whatever type of traveller you are, nights out, film watching, magic fountain. We loved it and would be perfect for a solo traveller as its very socialable. Location also perfect and we felt safe in the area...future travellers just be aware of nights out generally in Barcelona as we heard of lots of people getting passports/money stole while in clubs! Loved Hello BCN thank you!!! Would recommend everyone

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aimee S
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Good Location, Good price, quiet rooms, even though near to busy road, inside it is quiet. WiFi is available and the staff we met was very helpful. I travelled with 2 other friends and all of us liked it and we recommend it.

Room Tip: room nect to reception is NOT quiet as the new arriving guests are talking and you can hear them, so...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gurinder79
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The staff is super nice, the hostel is super clean, the kitchen is great, the bar is lovely, excellent position. Any way... best hostel in my life.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends