“Beach”

Price range: US$39 - US$158
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica
Description: The Carpe Diem Lounge Club occupies a privileged spot on the sea front on the Paseo Marítimo de la Barceloneta. Carpe Diem was totally refurbished in 2009 with sophisticated Arab-inspired Bali influences and giant Buddhas that endow the room with a certain spirituality while making it highly original setting. The restaurant offers a fusion menu that successfully combines Spanish dishes based on first-class Mediterranean ingredients with oriental-inspired and complex flavours. As the evening progresses cocktails and music take over, allowing diners to enjoy themselves into the early hours without having to venture further a field. Clients also have the option of dining in private areas or lounges decked out with Balinese beds. Carpe Diem offers an appealing combination of fusion cuisine with a fun location to enjoy after-dinner drinks.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Cdlc has mouth watering dishes. Chill place and young crowd. Curries were nice both chicken and beef. It turns into a club at night.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is a nice change from local tapas restaurants in Barcelona, it has the best location of right on the beach. The atmosphere is nice, relaxed and has an Ibiza feel to it. We visited last week and have been a few times before. I booked a table online and the waiter sat us inside (but really outside overlooking the beach is the best seats), so I asked if we could move out and the waiter told me no because it was full. Having seen there was many spare tables I asked another member of staff who told me 'of course' and gave us a lovely table for two. I really enjoy the setting here and the little candles that hang from the roof are a nice touch. I had the satay & spring rolls to start - they were delicious. Followed by the pad thai - sadly only 4 prawns but still tasty! We also shared the sangria which was nice. The food here is quite expensive for Barcelona but you have to expect that given its location. Its worth it if you fancy something special for the night. I will go back.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Food is good and you can eat for every budget. Now the rest : We had reserved for 13 people a month ago, they gave us a table for 8 and they tried to squeeze us in. Upon our arrival and having not even looked at the menu we were asked if we agreed to leave the table 2 hour later .... great welcoming conversation ...
Then by magic , once we ordered bottles of gin vodka and took expensive wagyu beef we had 2 table added to the main one and never got asked anymore to leave the table in 2 hour.... it is really pathetic , if you act like this just put your prices up and select more.... it is really unfriendly and un professional.

1  Thank 679matthieub
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I've been round Barcelona trying different international cuisines but CDLC is on another level. The variety of food to choose and the service that comes with it is incredible. Sitting outside with the view of the beach and the low instrumental music in the background brings a great feel. The staff are helpful and always at your disposal. A big thumbs up to them. The food was prepared with so much attention. The Buddha theme mixed with the different dark colors makes the place feel so relaxing.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Hi all,

I have visited this lovely restaurant in June '17. I went here on a date. We arrived at the venue and you walk down the stairs. A hostess welcomes you. We had a reservation so she took us to the table. It was a bit of a walk. It looked like a buddha bar downstairs. Very dark and in scents, very quiet. I was nervous as I didn't wanted this. Then she took us outside to this amazing terrace. It was a fantastic vibe and so busy! She gave us a table next to the beach. Our waitress was very well informed about the food and wine menu. They only had Spanish wine which was fine. The food was really great, very well cooked. Please try the rucola fig salad. So yummy! We had the perfect evening with the perfect view on the beach with palm trees. After midnight the inside bit got to a rave party which was a bit irritating. People on something and hard Electro music which really surprised me as that was not the crowd when we arrived. After looking up what party it was, they do different party nights on different days. Apparently their Hip Hop party is really good. However, we had a lovely evening. Thank you!