“Lam...very LAME. very disappointing”

Lam Thai Street Food
Ranked #3,017 of 11,179 Restaurants in Barcelona
Neighbourhood: Sant Antoni
Neighbourhood: Sant Antoni
Reviewed 1 November 2018

i heard about this place so i decided to give it a go. i felt i was in a warehouse rather than a restaurant there were so many boxes all over the place .then the waiter did not let me sit at the back even though the place was deserted. anyway one look at the menu and i understood this was not going to be very pleasant. i was right!. most classic Thai food not available so i went for some fried shrimp followed by spicy shrimp in a basil sauce. well the fried shrimp were as hard as a stone tasted frozen and old.pretty bad to remain polite. then came the main course in a chipped dish. to be fair the sauce tasted nice and authentic but as of the freshness of the shrimp and the raw vegetables it was no where near Thai street food. i just ended up mixing the rice and the sauce to feed myself. i left being very disappointed i hope you won't if you ever decided to try it!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Stumbled across this little gem whilst hunting the streets of Barcelona for somewhere to eat. Don't let appearances deceive you, it's nothing great to look at and has more of the appearance of a cafe than a restaurant but the food is superb. Not only the best meal we had in Barcelona but the best pad Thai I've ever had. Spicy and full of flavour. Not particularly cheap but nothing is in Barcelona but still worth every penny

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a couple of times before and the food’s been decent. Unfortunately last time having lunch we saw several cockroaches next to our table and on the floor and the staff didn’t seem too bothered. Finished the meal as cockroaches happen at in Barcelona’s times (but usually in place with open doors, terraces etc). My stomach wasn’t feeling well after the lunch, so last time for this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This is a local place and we had high hopes. When we ordered we asked about the spice level and asked for medium spicy. We were told that some dishes were spicy and some less spicy. We ordered nonetheless. The chicken satay was great, but the spring rolls were lacking in filling and small in size. The mains, however, were extremely hot. The green Thai curry with shrimp had decent flavor, but was a little too spicy and again, a small portion. The green papaya salad, however, had great flavor but was next level spicy. We could not finish it and my wife likes spicy food. Overall, service was fast, but it seemed like little food for what we paid and we literally had to throw out the salad, as it was so spicy. This was supposed to be medium spicy, I can’t imagine what full on spicy is!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Just been to this restaurant and was served totally undercooked minced pork dim sum. Ok mistakes can be made but when I sent them back no apology was given. Unfortunately I ate one of them and that’s how I found out they were well undercooked.
Food here is very weak as the Bangkok cafe is way superior.
Pad Thai was absolutely flavourless and only for the lemon and nuts to add flavour it was dead.
Curry wasn’t to bad but to pay for the rice a tiny bowl I think is a bit cheeky.

Date of visit: May 2018