“Perfect food near the Gothic Quarter...”
Review of Pla Restaurant

Pla Restaurant
Ranked #531 of 11,396 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: £21 - £34
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Congres i els Indians
Description: Pla is a Contemporary Catalan Cuisine Restaurant made with local and seasonal products but also being influenced from other cultures, offering meat, fish & vegetarian options. We are located behind the City Hall in the heart of Gothic Quarter in Barcelona.
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I've visited Pla restaurant many times over the years. I came back again this March and again it didn't disappoint!

The food was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection and the service was superb and I felt like a Queen being looked after by the staff especially as a lone female traveller.

At the end of the meal the restaurant brought me a complimentary sweet...unfortunately it had nuts in it, so I advised of my allergies and in an instant they brought me a delicious marshmallow alternative and bent over backwards to accommodate my needs...

I highly recommend you visit Pla restaurant during to trip to Barcelona. It is within 10 minutes walk of Jaume metro station.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Every dish was wonderful, from the amuse bouche to the dessert. Would recommend for a special meal with inventive taste combinations - it was bit pricey, but worth it for a very special experience.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Pla was recommended to me by Barcelona Cooking (great cooking class I took!). I thought I would check it out as it was close to where the cooking class was hosted on La Rambla. I was so happy I did! I was treated to excellent and attentive service alongside some incredible food. The ingredients were fresh, beautifully ripened, and local with a bit of a rustic flare. I had the garden green salad with tomato and the greens were unlike anything I've ever tasted (I was so taken with them I asked my server to write down the names of all the ingredients so I could try to find them back home! After a quick Google search, I am likely out of luck--the ingredients are locally grown and quite unique it seems!) I also had the seasonal vegetables with barley, and it was hearty and very satisfying. The atmosphere was sophisticated but accessible, warm and inviting. My favourite meal so far after a week in Barcelona!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We had reservations for 8PM, so we knew the restaurant would be relatively quiet at first. As the night wore on, the place was filled to capacity. The atmosphere is chic, modern, inviting. A continuous roll of photos were projected over the restaurants large logo on the main wall provided an ever changing art exhibit.

The waiter came to our table, pulled up a chair, and made conversation with us about the menu. Nice touch.
Chef's Amuse Bouche was a chilled potato leek soup shooter with citrus and finishing salt. A perfect shot!
Apps: Torched Mackerel with lemon, garlic, cucumber and watercress. Simple and elegant.
Kimchi Octopus roll - perfectly cooked octopus wrapped in a leaf of house kimchi. A sensation!
Mains: Seaweed and Prawn risotto - rice was perfectly cooked with a nice tooth. Heady, briny aroma, without being too salty, prawns melted in the mouth, and the seaweed was a perfect accompaniment.

We were so well sated by the end that we opted for no dessert.

We will be back!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Great dining experience. An interesting menu, all impeccably prepared and presented. Great wine selections and good service. Fabulous desserts!

Date of visit: June 2016