“Ironic, perhaps, but this is my favourite restaurant in Barcelona”
Review of La Bella Napoli

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montjuic
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I didn't have to visit this busy restaurant very often before the staff began to recognise me and fit me in somewhere, even if the place was full. It's quite a noisy place, but it's very busy and extremely efficient. The pasta is the best I've ever eaten, and the other dishes are good, too. The waiters are friendly and efficient, there's a lovely wine list with some excellent reds and, overall, it's all extremely good value. But you do need to book to avoid disappointment. I try and eat there every time I'm in Barcelona -- which is reasonably often -- and look forward to going back there again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

After reading about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and Lonely Planet we decided to visit for lunch. It was fairly quiet when we first arrived (1.30pm) but by 2.00pm it was packed. It was mainly local people with only a few tourists.

We had pizza, pasta and starters and found all excellent. Service was efficient and friendly.

Although we really enjoyed lunch, we think it would be even better for an evening meal.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

After reading good reviews on TP, we deceided to go to this pizza restaurant. We were not dissapointed! Excellent food, quick service (almost too quick - they were very busy and I had the feeling that they would like us to go as soon as we had finished). A nice mixture of spanish and tourists. And spanish celebrities! - A lot of photoes on the wall taken in the restaurant with the owner apparently, - a spanish child exclaimed some of the names outloud, - very happy, - we didn't recognize any of them :-). I ate Quattro staggioni - very good, - I noticed the majority of the pizza eaters in the restaurant chose the Sophia Loren pizza.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We loved La Bella Napoli. It was a nice change from Spanish food and we all enjoyed our dishes; rigatoni alla sicilia, risotto trevigiano, tagliata di tonno and salads. The winning dish was the risotto. We were noting people around us eating what looked to be delicious pizzas.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have tried about 10 different pizza places in barcelona, and this by far the best. The other specialties looked quite good but I always end up asking for pizza.