“And the locals like it !”
Review of Babia

Babia
Ranked #240 of 10,605 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$14 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were here on a Friday night and it was buzzing with locals. There is a fairly limited range of tapas but the portions were good as was the quality. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was a great value meal - approx 80 euros for 4 of us. Worth getting your map out and finding this little place in the Gothic Quarter.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I sought out Babia after reading the reviews and sat at the bar which was pleasant but dull in that the restaurant was very quiet and lacking in atmosphere.Maybe it was a slack time of year but I found the limited and predictable menu a little disappointing and, overall, there seemed to be stacks of more interesting options in the neighbouring side streets. I really do not want to put Babia down on the strenght of one rather fleeting visit but I found the experience underwhelming. Given that it is in a very good location for competition I am sure that it is bound to lose out to walk past diners in favour of the many other better places to eat nearby..

1  Thank RJK010
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We came here for lunch having read Tripadvisor reviews. We were a little early for lunch in Barcelona - it was only about 1pm - so the place was pretty quiet. We shared starters - prawns with black rice, and with spinach and pine nuts - which was really nice. We both had the same main, which was seabass - simply cooked but very tasty. And pudding was also lovely, chocolate tart and a tarte tatin. All that plus a reasonable bottle of white came to about €25... incredible value! Service was quick and friendly and the restaurant itself was quite a nice place to sit inside.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Disappointing as the reviewed had made this place sound promising. The food was poor quality and bland, perhaps it was our choice but really not a great experience.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I ate here on our third night in Barcelona. We wandered the narrow, medieval streets of the Gothic Quarter and, with some help with directions from locals, we finally arrived about 9pm. The restaurant atmosphere was lively and mostly there were locals eating there. Our waiter spoke English and helped us choose our dishes and some wine. My wife ordered the cous-cous chicken which she enjoyed. I ordered the grilled cuttlefish (first time eating this particular mollusk) and the portion was quite large, chewy, and quite succulent. My wife helped me finish it. We were treated well at this restaurant by the staff and the bill was very reasonable. We also met the proud owner’s father as he was leaving the restaurant after finishing his meal. While this place is a bit rough around the edges with its noisy crowd and mismatched chairs, my wife and I savored the experience we had and remember it fondly.