“Best Boutique Hotel in Barcelona!”

Hotel Murmuri Barcelona
Ranked #62 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We spent 6 nights in Barcelona and this hotel was one of the highlights of the trip. Roberto and Regina and all of the staff were always smiling and accommodating. The room was beautiful, spacious and sparkly clean! Can't wait to go back!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,520)

Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I where staying in Barcelona for one night only. We booked a room at Hotel Inglaterra as we'd stayed there before (excellent hotel). On arrival in Barcelona I was contacted by Inglaterra and informed of a double booking. To compensate us for this mistake we were offered an 'up-grade' to their sister 'Boutique' Hotel Murmuri. Our room in Murmuri was smaller then in Inglaterra, it may have had mood lighting and extra (pointless) fancy pillows, ridiculously low hanging chandeliers and all the bells and whistles one might expect form a 'Boutique' Hotel but I almost felt uncomfortable staying there. The Murmuri bar and local restaurant prices are extortionate. It's a fancy area but if money is an issue, stay at the other end of Plaza de Cataluña. On the plus side the staff where very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The 'Design' rooms are small and we didn't get bathrobes or slippers as advertised.
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Comfortable beds and room. When I came home 3 pieces of my clothes were missing! I have a very bad feeling about this.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a four night stay at the Hotel Murmuri. We really enjoyed our stay, the room was elegantly designed, the bed was fantastically comfortable and the level of cleanliness impeccable (all bed linen and towels were changed every day). The air conditioning was great and the lighting could be dimmed which was very relaxing at the end of a busy touristy day. The breakfast was delicious and the waitresses were charming. All the staff were helpful, good humoured and prompt to respond to any requests. It was the combination of their friendliness and professionalism that set the hotel apart from other hotels we have stayed at. We felt very welcome and would love to return one day.

1  Thank Angela L
Reviewed 16 September 2011

If you had to choose a hotel in Barcelona, Spain, choose the MurMuri. It has excellent and friendly service. The food is good. It has great rooms and a fabulous view of La Rambla! It tops every hotel in Barcelona!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hasan A
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We just got back from 4 days in Barcelona and we were extremely pleased with our stay at Hotel Murmuri. The location is perfect and in the nicest neighborhood in Barcelona. Hotel is boutique size, next to a metro stop, 20 minute walk to the Gothic quarter, lots of great restaurants nearby, very safe and elegant area, with the best of Modernist architecture all around you. Staff was very helpful. We had a superior room, which is very quiet; rooms are well-equipped and nice size, as are the bathrooms. The lighting in the room is also very well done with multiple settings for various needs. Rooms have flat screen tvs, ipod dock/clock, ample closet space, a safe and a mini bar.The hotel restaurant is lovely, with a good menu of Asian fusion dishes and fair prices. The only disappointment was that the hotel does not have free WIFI. I also got a good deal by reserving through Tablet Hotels. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Di_bigapple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife likes a large space to spread out her makeup and I originally booked the 2 bedroom apartment so we would have two bathrooms. As luck would have it, the apartments air conditioner needed repair and the hotel notified us it wouldn't be ready.

Some might argue this was a reason why it was good we used a travel agent.

I won't use a travel agent next time but deal directly with the hotel (www.murmuri.com).
Their site shows availability and rates that we had to point out to our travel agent,
and from our experience with the staff, I have complete faith that we wouldn't have
arrived to any unpleasant surprise.

We wound up in the one bedroom apartment Romea. It is fabulously spacious and has a guest toilet. It also has a combination washer/drier and a nespresso machine. It is noisy at night until you realize that there are electric shutters which come down over the windows (HINT: point this out to the guests).

The Murmuri is very conveniently located; 10 minute walk to Cinc Sentits (as wonderful for food as the Murmuri is for lodging - we had lunch the 1st day here) and the Hoffman (we had an excellent dinner the following night), 5 minute walk to Mary's Market (Valencia) and Cerveceria Catalana (Mallorca), and a 2 minute walk to the Metro line 3

There is a connection from various metro lines to line 3 at Passage de Garcia. It is a very long walk.

WIFI from the Murmuri is expensive. Buy a microsim card around the corner on Provenca from orange. (Before leaving get a microsim to sim holder if you need one.) 3.5 Euros for 24 hours or 35 Euros for a month.

Next time I won't try to buy sim cards in the states (Happy worked for voice not data), I will bring a small packet of laundry soap, I might bring a stick of nespresso although there store is very close at Gracia and Valencia and I will deal directly with TraficoBCN@aerocity.com for transfers between the hotel and airport.

I also will pay very close attention to the type of plane and might adjust the visit around availability. The Airbus 320 1st class from SFO to PHL was good in terms of comfort, food, and service; the 330-200 Envoy class from PHL to BCN was luxurious in terms of comfort, food, and service; whatever Airbus we had from BCN to PHL was mediocre in terms of comfort and horrid in food; the 321 from PHL to SFO was at best fair in comfort but fair in food.

1  Thank RichardB432